HeadcaseLee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello,

I bought this program (RPMVXA) on Steam and when I try to open it asked me to install the RTP. When I went to Install it I was unable to because I do not have Admin Rights on my PC. Is there any way I can get around this with a pre-installed RTP folder? I really want to use this platform to create games and was so eager to try it. Otherwise, I will not be able to use this program and I would have wasted the money I spent.

TLDR; Don't have admin rights to install RTP. Need preinstalled RTP

EDIT: Got it installed but now it's still saying it is not

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you have admin rights?
There are a few variants of installing, but they depends on what is blocking your rights.

HeadcaseLee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why don't you have admin rights?
There are a few variants of installing, but they depends on what is blocking your rights.
School computer. I've got this far by using "Run As Invoker" to get Steam without admin rights and I've been playing a few games. But I have a really active imagination and want to start making games. Any solution you could offer would be much appreciated, I've looked for a preinstalled version of just the RTP online but found nothing

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Install vxAce outside of program files, for example on your desktop.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you are using the steam version, you might need it to be installed via steam because steam needs to know where the RTP is installed. If you install it externally, Steam might not be able to detect it.

TBH, I wouldn't really suggest going on with installing stuff on your school's computers. I know it sounds fun but..

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt
#WIP Metal Tactics's TBS (2015 vs 2021)
VSt9pWc.png
ZXnpNYY.png
RPG Maker News #14 | Diffused Screen Effects, Unsellable Items, Ambient Synths, Adult Woman Set
If kids are going to be taught on computers and have access to the Internet, some basic knowledge of copyright should be a part of the grade school curriculum.
I have some news that I want to share - I've been accepted to university ^-^
I received some offers just over a month ago, but I wanted to make my choice and get things in place before sharing the news.
I'm super excited, and I'm very happy with my choice of program and school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arby