Unable to locate plugin assets

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I searched the forum but didn't find an answer to my question. I have bought several downloads and followed the instructions for putting them into the correct folders in my Project, but I am unable to access them in RPGMaker Z. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but any guidance on how to get the assets usable would be greatly appreciated.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What assets are you talking about and what instructions?
Best guess is that you did not follow all instructions because others can get most plugins workable...

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To know what you're doing wrong, we must first know what you are doing.

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I searched the forum but didn't find an answer to my question. I have bought several downloads and followed the instructions for putting them into the correct folders in my Project, but I am unable to access them in RPGMaker Z. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but any guidance on how to get the assets usable would be greatly appreciated.
put them in your \js\plugins folder of your project. it's pretty much universal... if the plugin manager doesn't show them, then you're not doing it correctly.

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for your responses...

I am trying to download the following programs:

MZ Trinity Resource Pack for MZ
3D Particle Effect Pack
Dark Fantasy Resource Pack
Essential Set Z

They all came from RPGMakerweb.com so there should be no problem with compatibility. I read the instructions and they all say "Unzip it and place the folder in your desired location" which sounds simple enough.

Each plugin has several folders such as Characters, Audio, etc. I would copy the contents of those folders into the same corresponding folders already in my project. Some of the folders did not exist in my project, so I would just move the entire folder as is into my project directory. When I go to access the information in my game though, the information isn't there.

Can anyone understand what I am doing wrong in this situation?

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your responses...

I am trying to download the following programs:

MZ Trinity Resource Pack for MZ
3D Particle Effect Pack
Dark Fantasy Resource Pack
Essential Set Z

They all came from RPGMakerweb.com so there should be no problem with compatibility. I read the instructions and they all say "Unzip it and place the folder in your desired location" which sounds simple enough.

Each plugin has several folders such as Characters, Audio, etc. I would copy the contents of those folders into the same corresponding folders already in my project. Some of the folders did not exist in my project, so I would just move the entire folder as is into my project directory. When I go to access the information in my game though, the information isn't there.

Can anyone understand what I am doing wrong in this situation?
"Each plugin has several folders such as Characters, Audio, etc." that's not really what a plugin is, but okay.

Could you provide a screenshot of your project folder ? If you're on windows and you're good with cmd.exe, you could also use dir "<path to your project folder>/A:D"

Anyway, in both cases, be sure to hide sensitive informations, such as your username or anything you don't want to share.

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your response. Sorry for not understanding plugins. I am new to all this, so it is a bit overwhelming, but I did install a LOS plugin successfully yesterday, so I'm not hopeless. Here is the information you requested... let me know how else I can assist you.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    198.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    606.2 KB · Views: 9

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're doing it wrong. open the folders that were in your project before you've put all these folders. you'll notice some of them were already there, you just didn't look hard enough. for instance, faces pictures sv_actors sv_enemies etc are in "img" folder.

please clean up your mess ! :kaoswt2:

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I apologize for my ignorance and lack of knowledge... your suggestions worked.

In life, I'm a very tidy person, so I would like to and need to learn how to keep files organized too. I am still having trouble with a program I bought, so if you are patient enough to help me with that, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I also bought Aerosys' Random Map Generation in RPG Maker MZ and have not figured out how to get it to work.

These are the instructions the Dev gave me... I thought I was doing it correctly, but I lost my game in the process, so if you can understand the directions and help simplify them for me, I'd be grateful.

Please
1. Create a fresh new(!) Game "I did this, simple enough"
2. Quit RPG Maker "Did this"
3. Open All Algorithms OR Addons folder and copy-paste the folders (data, img, js) into the directory of your NEW project, so that they will override some files "I only copied the three files he listed, there are several more I did not."
4. Open RPG Maker "Easy"

Then, when you want to include my plugins into your game:
From my project -> js -> plugins, copy all files starting and paste them into your project in the very same directory (js -> plugins ->) "I don't understand this, I wanted to use the plugin in my current game... am I only able to use it by starting a new project?"

Take your time and understand how projects are structured in RPG Maker. Everything has to be at the right place.

Last edited:

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From my project -> js -> plugins, copy all files starting and paste them into your project in the very same directory (js -> plugins ->)
I made some typos in my mail, it should be:

Go into
RNGMaps Addons -> js -> plugins
copy all files into your own project, in the same directory (js -> plugins)

That was an explanation of how my plugins are imported into a Game, other plugins may need other ways to do so.

All in all, plugins and assets are not the same. Assets could be everything, like graphics, music, or plugins. Plugins are assets that modify the gameplay of your game. All in all, every single file must be at a specific location inside your game directory. E.g. music must be in audio/bmg/ and plugins must be in js/plugins/

The only exception is Generator Parts; please google for their location because I don't know it by heart.

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I made some typos in my mail, it should be:

Go into
RNGMaps Addons -> js -> plugins
copy all files into your own project, in the same directory (js -> plugins)

That was an explanation of how my plugins are imported into a Game, other plugins may need other ways to do so.

All in all, plugins and assets are not the same. Assets could be everything, like graphics, music, or plugins. Plugins are assets that modify the gameplay of your game. All in all, every single file must be at a specific location inside your game directory. E.g. music must be in audio/bmg/ and plugins must be in js/plugins/

The only exception is Generator Parts; please google for their location because I don't know it by heart.
Thank you for your willingness to try and help me. I am new to RPGMaker, plugins and getting all things to work. I understand everything needs to be in the correct place, I just don't know where that place is. I think I got them in the correct place but wanted to confirm with you via a screenshot of my plugins. If it is correct, where can I go to learn how to use the plugin?

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    246 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you select a plugin from that list in your screenshot and add it to your game, you can then click on it in your plugin manager and see the help documentation.

All instructions for using it should be in that documentation - if not, look for the release thread on these forums, or whatever site you downloaded it from.

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks so much for clarifying that for me. I really appreciate all the help people like yourself offer. You are very generous taking time to answer my question.

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome!! I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks so much.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
https://aerosys.blog/category/tutorials for tutorials/documentation on Aerosys's plugin.
One remark: I never made a tutorial about the RPG Maker's basics because there are already a lot of them. But I think we already explained here everything you need to know on how to import plugins into your game.

Also, I never added detailed instructions inside the RPG Maker UI, because random maps is a topic that is too advanced to explain in a pure textbox. But this is just for my plugins; as already said, usually there are instructions right in the Maker's UI.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do even 0,01% progress on your game today! You can!
Watched a video of a kid in China leaning against a giant ceramic teletuby statue (valued at nearly $4000 apparently) in a toy store and everyone arguing whether it's the parents or the store's fault. I'm just sitting up wondering why anyone would make a giant ceramic toddler toy in the first place other than to deliberately cause exactly that from happening in the first place though.
Plans for vacation? Maybe I'll go visit
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GimpyNunny