Unable to save in deployed Mac version, and Mac only error after accessing options

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have Windows 10, but I made a Mac Deployment for a friend so they could the play my game. There was a problem though. They couldn't save in the Mac version and got this Mac only error when opening options, and then hitting the esc button.

MacOnlyError.png

I don't have a Mac. So I cannot fix it. However I would like to know what could do to fix this for a Mac, and enable save for a Mac after Deployment on a Windows 10 PC using Mac Deployment.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh boy, you're gonna run into a lot of Mac errors, just like me. That's why I won't officially support a Mac version of my project ahaha.

Anyways, mac really doesn't want to give games permission to overwrite files (aka; a simple save file). There's some ways to get around this issue, but your friend has to allow unauthorized apps permission to overwrite, I suggest doing some intensive googling for this issue.

So pretty much, it's not an MV issue, it's a Mac issue, and it differs case per case.

I've had some users say they had success in saving by clicking the "nwjs" file in their Mac folder, instead of the app file. Try that.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Creating the compiled version on a real Mac solves some of this too, due to the way the Mac file structure works, sadly.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you. I guess it's better not to have a Mac version of my game due the problems.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly, it's more due to how Apple has handled the Mac than anything. They want you making programs for their products on their products, no exceptions. So the only workaround that has any chance of working is to get a Mac yourself then make the game on there.

Broozer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As others are saying, it is indeed an Apple issue.
As for the rumour above, that if you create the project on a mac, it won't run in that problem: I can confirm.
I'm working with RPGmaker MV on my macbook since I've started, and never seen this issue.

To fix this, you'll have to allow the game to adjust files.
This should be able to be done in the steps:
1.) Navigate to the game.exe file.
2.) Right click the file, and select "Show Info"
3.) Open the "permissions" section
4.) Adjust the settings for it to be able to both write and read files.

Edit: Forgot to say that this has to be done on the Mac side of things. (In case it wasn't obvious :p )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charles2020