Petermars

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm attempting to make a spritesheet, and was going to use an existing spritesheet as a guide so I used the right proportions, etc. but when I open any folders within the graphics folder, I'm told it's empty. I know the files aren't missing because I can still use them in RPG Maker VX Ace, and I've double-checked to make sure it's the correct folder, but I'm still at a loss as to what happened. How can I view the files?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How can I view the files?
The default files are in the RTP folder.
If you have steam then it is likely in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RPGVXAce\rtp\Graphics

With the program open go to resource center and select the file then export -> go to you project folder and save it there.
Your project folder is normally for custom files (audio, graphics, etc), not the RTP files.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically:

go to the Ace resource manager
select and export the resource you want to edit
edit the picture in an image program
go to the resource manager and import the edited version

you don't have to search or remember the filepath given above - it is better if you never do anything there. the resource manager handles all that automatically, including giving the new files precedence over the RTP files.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mispy