unannoying Random encounter event pics

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by Oddball, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Heres an idea on how to make random encounters happen every so odd seconds. The event would need to be paused when the player is in the menu though (Don't know how to do that)

Anyway. Here is the event. This would make a random encounter happen every 7.5 seconds, which would be annoying. However, the wait time and/or "Encounter" Variable can be adjusted to add more time between. You can even make it so every thirty frames it randomly adds 1 or 2 to "encounter, while upping the number in the conditinal branch to make a encounter happen sometime between X and Y seconds. Enjoy!

Edit: I also just realized you can put a message in here to let the player know a random encounter is approaching as well. For that, just add another conditinal branch in an ELSE part of the thing that checks the encounter variable minus five or something

Encounter1-A.png

Encounter1-B.png

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Game Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of gameplay at a more conceptual level. It is not for discussing how to implement them.

If you want to make a tutorial on this, please read the Rules and Guidelines for that section before creating your thread. I'm on my phone and can't do links.

I am therefore closing this.

kairi_key likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.