Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heres an idea on how to make random encounters happen every so odd seconds. The event would need to be paused when the player is in the menu though (Don't know how to do that)

Anyway. Here is the event. This would make a random encounter happen every 7.5 seconds, which would be annoying. However, the wait time and/or "Encounter" Variable can be adjusted to add more time between. You can even make it so every thirty frames it randomly adds 1 or 2 to "encounter, while upping the number in the conditinal branch to make a encounter happen sometime between X and Y seconds. Enjoy!

Edit: I also just realized you can put a message in here to let the player know a random encounter is approaching as well. For that, just add another conditinal branch in an ELSE part of the thing that checks the encounter variable minus five or something

Encounter1-A.png

Encounter1-B.png

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of gameplay at a more conceptual level. It is not for discussing how to implement them.

If you want to make a tutorial on this, please read the Rules and Guidelines for that section before creating your thread. I'm on my phone and can't do links.

[mod]I am therefore closing this.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For those who heard MZ’s Battle 2, anybody think it’s a continuation of MV’s Battle 1?
Finally done! Time to continue the other one.
Grass... Earth... Sand... Snow! Working on edits for some new autotiles for MZ/MV
Waiting on approval on my One Map Challenge game, which I made to get a feel for RPG Maker. I was able to complete it before MZ's release, now I can focus fully on the MZ game I want to make. I'm excited, ya'll.

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffithVIII