ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
257
Reaction score
40
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had to put my game on ice for a few years due to other obligations.

Version is MV 1.5.2

Just getting back to it now, and I have some strange issue when I attempt to play test it, I get the following error right off the bat.


If I zero in on the contents of the debugger, I see the following.


I'm using the original index.html file whose contents is shown below.

I also replaced all the .js files listed in index.html with fresh copies from a default project generated by 1.5.2 in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue, but still have the same error, so I am at a loss as to what the problem is.

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8">
        <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
        <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent">
        <meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=no">
        <link rel="icon" href="icon/icon.png" type="image/png">
        <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="icon/icon.png">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="fonts/gamefont.css">
        <title>Project1</title>
    </head>
    <body style="background-color: black">
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/pixi.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/pixi-tilemap.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/pixi-picture.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/fpsmeter.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/lz-string.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/iphone-inline-video.browser.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/rpg_core.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/rpg_managers.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/rpg_objects.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/rpg_scenes.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/rpg_sprites.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/rpg_windows.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/plugins.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/main.js"></script>
    </body>
</html>


If I zero in on line 27682 as noted in the first error related to pixi.js I see the following.


Any ideas or any suggestions on how I can get to the bottom of the issue?

Would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
257
Reaction score
40
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woot! I found the root -- er the neighborhood of the problem.
Two corrupt graphics files and a corrupt plugin or two. Game is launching now at least when play testing on windows.

However, I am running down the additional problems.

When launching on iPhone I get a similar error...


If I drill down into the details it's at line 85 and it looks like there is a problem launching the initial load up of all the json data files.


The log entries in Xcode appear as follows:

Code:
2021-03-15 20:19:23.194857-0400 ECTCB-INT[1647:24708] PixiJS 4.5.4 - WebGL - http://www.pixijs.com/
2021-03-15 20:19:24.423784-0400 ECTCB-INT[1647:24708] ERROR: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '\^H'
2021-03-15 20:19:24.424210-0400 ECTCB-INT[1647:24708] ERROR: ionic://localhost/js/rpg_managers.js 85
2021-03-15 20:19:24.424426-0400 ECTCB-INT[1647:24708] ERROR: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '�'
2021-03-15 20:19:24.424628-0400 ECTCB-INT[1647:24708] ERROR: ionic://localhost/js/rpg_managers.js 85
2021-03-15 20:19:25.443697-0400 ECTCB-INT[1647:24708] The preference key "AutoHideSplashScreen" is not defined and will default to "TRUE"

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what this issue is or why it bombs out on IOS, that be appreciated.

Is there a way I can edit the rpg_managers.js so that the error message will report the exact file or asset that is causing the problem?
 
Last edited:

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
257
Reaction score
40
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I eliminate all plugins, the game continues to playtest fine in windows. However, as soon as I export it using the Android/IOS export feature OR Web Export feature -- I get the following error when opening index.html

When I pull it into Xcode and build it to run on a IOS SIM device - I get the same error so whatever is causing this may very well be the root of the problem.

What would cause this and how could I correct it?

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 12.09.28 PM.png
 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
118,427
Messages
1,115,872
Members
155,380
Latest member
Jairowind
Top