Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can anyone identify the issue that has suddenly caused my game to stop loading properly? I can't tell what has gone wrong based on this error message.

Screenshot from 2022-05-29 05-51-06.pngScreenshot from 2022-05-29 05-51-29.png

Pasteleptic

Costan's Sin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seems the YEP Core Engine is to blame (possible incompatibility with other plugins). Try disabling everything, and then re-activate one by one until you get the error code again.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error vanished when I disabled the KMS_SplashEncount plug-in designed to emulate the "screen shatters at the start of a battle" effect seen in games like Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection. I should haven known as it isn't the first time that plug-in has clashed weirdly with other plug-ins.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error is complaining about a missing file in your libs folder. As this file doesn't exist by default, and the error cleared when you turned off the splash encounter plugin, it's likely supposed to be included in that folder when you use that plugin.

When you downloaded the plugin, it either came with some files to put in your libs folder, or it gave you instructions on how to download those files to use them in the project.

It could also be possible that the file was there originally, and something else removed it, causing the error to suddenly come up.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error is complaining about a missing file in your libs folder. As this file doesn't exist by default, and the error cleared when you turned off the splash encounter plugin, it's likely supposed to be included in that folder when you use that plugin.

When you downloaded the plugin, it either came with some files to put in your libs folder, or it gave you instructions on how to download those files to use them in the project.

It could also be possible that the file was there originally, and something else removed it, causing the error to suddenly come up.

The zip file that I downloaded here only comes with a plug-in, a license document and a readme file. There wasn't anything else that needed to be coped into a game project directory.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But it does say's to download the treejs.js in the description below.
if you dont read it, you miss things :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, there might be a problems caused by the name of the plugin
"No Level & exp"

All browsers always have problem loading filenames that break the networking conventions - that might happen correctly sometimes, but it will cause problems sooner or later.
and spaces are NOT allowed under networking rules, which is why your other plugins either omit spaces or use underscore in their places.
And I don't know at the moment if the & is allowed either.

I strongly suggest you rename the plugin to its original name or remove all those spaces from its filename.
It has to be reinstalled once you do however

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, there might be a problems caused by the name of the plugin
"No Level & exp"

All browsers always have problem loading filenames that break the networking conventions - that might happen correctly sometimes, but it will cause problems sooner or later.
and spaces are NOT allowed under networking rules, which is why your other plugins either omit spaces or use underscore in their places.
And I don't know at the moment if the & is allowed either.

I strongly suggest you rename the plugin to its original name or remove all those spaces from its filename.
It has to be reinstalled once you do however

I just added "No Level & exp" a few hours ago and it was labeled that when I downloaded it. Previously, the KMS_SplashEncount plug-in worked fine with everything else I currently have switched on, so it's clearly a conflict between those two plug-ins that caused the error.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cymaiden I never said that the wrong naming would have cause the current error - that would have been extremely unlikely from the beginning.

I warned you that this will cause other errors in the future, especially on and after deployment to other operating systems, because it is breaking rules that some browsers have problems with.

Bughunting is more than just waiting for error messages, and if you see something that is a bug you should solve it even if it currently does not cause an error message.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I removed the spaces and the "&" from the No Levels & EXP plug-in and then reinstalled it, but the game is now returning the same error once I re-enabled the Splash Encounter plug-in.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The zip file that I downloaded here only comes with a plug-in, a license document and a readme file. There wasn't anything else that needed to be coped into a game project directory.
1653818550151.png

The site you linked tells you to manually download the exact file that the plugin is missing, and install it in the libs folder.

If the engine is telling you it's missing, either you never had it, which would be weird if the plugin was previously working, something else removed it (possibly an antivirus or a cloud sync issue?), or you renamed the file.

Follow the installation instructions and put that file back in the right folder.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 227543

The site you linked tells you to manually download the exact file that the plugin is missing, and install it in the libs folder.

If the engine is telling you it's missing, either you never had it, which would be weird if the plugin was previously working, something else removed it (possibly an antivirus or a cloud sync issue?), or you renamed the file.

Follow the installation instructions and put that file back in the right folder.

I tried this and now the game at least boots up again. However, now it crashes whenever a fight would start.

Screenshot from 2022-05-29 11-58-08.png

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested it myself and I also get this new error.

I suspect the plugin was made with a different version of three.js, and this function it's trying to call doesn't work anymore. If you had the plugin working at some point, you had the correct version of the library it needed to work.

I also tried importing the other three.js files into the libs folder, just in case it had been split into multiple files and needed all of them, but there was no change. This plugin simply doesn't work anymore, I'm afraid.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use this plugin for battle transitions:

I haven't played the FF4 remake you mention, but it's a screen shatter effect and it's worked fine for me with all of my Yanfly, SRD and other plugins.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use this plugin for battle transitions:

I haven't played the FF4 remake you mention, but it's a screen shatter effect and it's worked fine for me with all of my Yanfly, SRD and other plugins.

Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Spent all day writing code, only for it to result in an endless loop...sigh.:kaosigh:
So um what is the deal with rpgmakerofficial.com ,why are there two rpg maker websites now? Is it any different from the current one rpgmakerweb.com??
ScreenShot_7_1_2022_11_41_55.png
When the Panic gauge is full, Mike will turn into Omar in a state of actual panic. his move list changes and until the meter depletes completely, he'll be able make use of this alter ego.
So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!
Sometimes I am amazed at how relentless spam bots are. I would clear the que and then see 800~5k more depending on their mood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MercyTales