Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right now in Poland (while I'm writting this post) there is extreme heat outside, 28° in shade.
I have quite big passive cooling system in my PC, but I can feel heat coming from my PC and
I'm curious how you guys handle cooling your hardware using household items?

Last year I've used bottles with frozen water and I put them next to my PC on the side with vents to suck cold
and with one hour interval replaced them with others (first bottles when ice melted I put back in freezer and took anothers)
I had in total 10 frozen bottles each 0.5 liters. Results where quite satysfying, but replacing bottles becomes very snippy.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I do mosty the same as you. I've tried ice pack too :p And once, I put my laptop in the refrigerator :guffaw:
But really, my best trick is just to take regular breaks. Whenever my cpu seems to overheat, I put it on sleep mode and do something else for a couple hours.
The heat from my computer is probably a signal I've been sitting there for too long anyway... ;)

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every 4-5 hours i take a walk for about an hour, this not only keeps my pc cold but my weight down as well :p And i listen to audiobooks so i can get ideas for my stories, triple win!

AlexAlex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
An ice pack does the job pretty well, or I put the cooling pad for laptops, but the ice pack works better. But as much as I understood, if it's heating too much then something's with the computer. One of my friends' repairs computers as a hobby, and he told me that. He recommended to check registry software and to install a registry cleaner to fix all the errors and to delete all the malicious content. I must admit I did that, but it's still heating, so I just use the iced pack to cool it down.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some game development followed by the return of the Interactive Text Adventure after a short hiatus! Feel free to drop by!
Lately, I've taken to smashing random nouns/verbs together as insults. It's sort of amusing how many people don't really know how to respond to that. You bottle shaker!
Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event
The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gragma