Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This popular old-school RPG, made in collaboration with Aldorlea Games (http://www.aldorlea.org) will see a Steam release on Friday (April 3rd, 2015) - with a special 15% discount for a week.  http://store.steampowered.com/app/332390

This release marks a milestone for Aldorlea Games as it is the tenth game released by Aldorlea on Steam after 'The Book of Legends', '3 Stars of Destiny', the full (5 episodes) 'Millennium' series, 'Dreamscape' and 'Vagrant Hearts'.

UNDEFEATED

Features:

• Innovative and Strategic Battles
  • Stunning Artworks from the Team Behind Moonchild and Opaline
  • Front-view Battles with Incredible, Colorful Monsters
  • 4 Modes of Difficulty (including Legendary)
  • Visible or Invisible Encounters - You Decide
  • 25 Secret Rooms to Discover
  • 16 Side Quests to Complete
  • 15 - 20 hours gameplay
  • 23 Steam Achievements to unlock
  • 74-page Strategy Guide Available if You Need it

SUMMARY: 

Can you stop the Wastelands from spreading and overtaking the world?
Play as Marcus, Bastien and Fela, three army conscripts with little liking for what is supposed to be their next two years, yet who find themselves engulfed in a mystery that could very well cause the demise of their nation. 

You can download the full game from here http://www.aldorlea.org/undefeated.php.

There is also a demo which takes you up to a certain point in the game, rather than being time limited.  If you do everything the demo should last at least 1hr 30 mins. and your save file will transfer to the full game.

Price for full version $16.99

Now on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hb.undefeated

Price $4.99

And now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/332390

Price $9.99 with a 15% discount until April 7

WHAT THE PRESS SAID...

• "Proof that the JRPG is still alive and kicking" - Nadia Oxford, Gamezebo (4/5)
  • "The JRPG Genre Still Has It - if you're fan of the genre then waste no time getting your feet firmly into the polished and solid gameplay and storytelling this little gem has to offer" - James McDonald, Lazy Gamers (8/10)
  • "A perfect blend of traditional RPGs with a handful of new game mechanisms. Memorable game plan, characters, graphics and soundtracks." - Ankit, Techulator (positive)
  • "Undefeated definitely promises to be a quick favorite on Android as a lot of RPG heroes will no-doubt download it and drain their batteries on the storyline" - Dera Stark, World of the Nerd (8/10)

Screenshots

Spoiler

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats on the release. Can you please edit your topic and include those things requested in the pinned guidelines thread? Just a link to another site isn't good enough.

Please ensure your announcement contains all of the following:

Game title and version number

Price

A brief outline of your story

Screenshots

A link to your game's BUY page, and a link to your DEMO

Links to tutorials or strategy guides (optional)

If your game is available for affiliate, provide details (Plimus/BMT/?, contract id, affiliate royalty, etc)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry about that.  Screenshots now in.

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Congratulations! :D

You have managed the major hurdle of releasing a big commercial project, and only slightly delayed.

Having an experienced party definitely helps, but it doesn't change that you have achieved a great milestone.

I hope you will be rewarded with success.

*hugs*

- Zeriab

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you.

You're right about it being a major hurdle.  I think you must need nerves of steel to do this on a regular basis.  Just when you think you've got everything sorted and ready to go, some nasty bug comes crawling out of the woodwork and gets you!

Looking back over the whole process there are all sorts of things that fall into the category of "things I wish I'd known earlier", but that is the nature of experience, isn't it - you only get it by doing it. I know that my current project is benefiting enormously from having done this, so I'm quietly confident that it will be a better game because of it.  And of course you're right that working with someone who has so much experience of bringing games to completion has been a huge benefit, as well as privilege.  Though as he is an expert in XP and this game is Ace there were times when we were both scratching our heads trying to work out how to do something.

Feedback from players so far has been positive, so fingers crossed that it sells well.

Shelby

Diva
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is this all RTP graphics? The faces in the text look like they might be custom but im not sure.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The faces are custom, done by Arseniquez. who also did the title screen.

I did custom battle backs, Game Over screen

All battlers are by Thalzon

A lot of tiles are non-RTP.  the credit list for those is:

Mack

Kes (that's me)

Evan G.

Hanzo Kimura

Benben

aweryn

Indrah

PandaMaru

Avery

White Patisserie

Ayene

Alisa-tana

Whitecat

Camelfobia

Sprites, some are RTP, credits for others:

Kes

themo

Slimmeiske2

famitsu.com

So as you can see, it most certainly does not fall under the heading "all RTP graphics"

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As it seems there are articles about this all over the internet, I thought I'd just post to say -

Yes, Undefeated is coming out as an official port to Android and iOS.  

The planned release date is Oct 3rd.  I must admit, I am excited and pleased about this.

Shion Kreth

White Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As it seems there are articles about this all over the internet, I thought I'd just post to say -

Yes, Undefeated is coming out as an official port to Android and iOS.  

The planned release date is Oct 3rd.  I must admit, I am excited and pleased about this.
How on Earth did you manage that? 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Indinera and I were asked. Naturally we weren't going to say no. It's been a long process

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's impressive, big congratulations on not only completing it but even being asked to make an Android and iOS port of it.   I loved the game, personally, it was amazing.

Shion Kreth

White Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Indinera and I were asked. Naturally we weren't going to say no. It's been a long process
 That's wild, congratulations. I never picked it up for pc but I'll definately get the android version. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
congrats bro! this is awesome!

btw, I'm just curious. How would the controls be?

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ adiktuzmiko

The display is in a light overlay on the screen and is in two parts which you can move around to whichever part of the screen you find most convenient.

One part is a tick and a cross which are like the space bar and escape of a pc game. The other is the arrow keys foe movement, arranged like in a circle. Effectively you use them just like on a pc keyboard. I found it quick to get used to.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see. How about the other buttons?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not at the moment. There is the problem of screen size plus the smaller memory to handle such things. Maybe in the future?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh I see. Makes sense. That would mean, the games I'm making right now cannot be ported until the capability to handle other buttons come.

Anyway, I'd probably try your game out when it comes out on android if I get money. And I'd be sure to suggest it to my friends. :)

Reactions: Kes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Grass... Earth... Sand... Snow! Working on edits for some new autotiles for MZ/MV
Waiting on approval on my One Map Challenge game, which I made to get a feel for RPG Maker. I was able to complete it before MZ's release, now I can focus fully on the MZ game I want to make. I'm excited, ya'll.

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:
RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Apparently the various VS core plugins are going to be free. :LZSexcite:
Now to go wash the stink off myself from having had to look at Twitter.
:rtear:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffithVIII