Undefeated - Now on STEAM, Android

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, but, it's no different than pc's coming from way more different manufacturers all cobbled together from a wider variety of parts also with a wide variety of windows os' that've been upgraded differently. It just boils down to that rpgmaker wasn't made for mobile, unlike other mobile games that were and don't have the same problems. Hopefully they can solve this, but if it's so unstable that any little changes to the android os or by the phone manufacturer screw everything up and requires manual patches to fix it... an exporter is never going to be practical.
Personally, I think the money would be better spent building a new maker that breaks away from the Windows-base with export capability added in, from the ground up, than trying to patch an existing maker that would be potential for all sorts of headaches and hassles. While I get people purchased Ace with the hopes of export capability, I can just imagine how much more negativity will be thrown at the maker if such an export is released to an existing program that costs people money but barely works.

RPG Maker already receives a bad stigma, that to add on a feature that people want but is so full of problems will drive that nail in even further.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RPG Maker already receives a bad stigma, that to add on a feature that people want but is so full of problems will drive that nail in even further.
Well, imagine how I'm feeling to see reviews trashing my game through no fault of my own.  

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, imagine how I'm feeling to see reviews trashing my game through no fault of my own.  
That must really suck, ksjp17.   :-(

I think it's much harder for the Android OS than Windows because, yes, there is a huge variety in Windows platforms in terms of screen size, system performance and the likes.  But, quite a few tablet and phone makers have added their own custom overlays which further change how the base OS works.

It would be closer to analogus for writing a game that worked not only for Windows 7, but Windows 8 and Windows XP, while supporting dozens of OS add-ons which significantly changed how the GUI operates.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
What is interesting is that an amateur made neko rpgxp player for android which seems to play any rmxp AND VX game and script perfectly on any android device.

Edit: Just saw even rmvx ace is supported now as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not really, I tried it on my phone and it doesn't work. Also reading thru the comments, I've seen a lot of people having problems with it too.

But really, unless the scripts use a custom dll there shouldn't be any problems as they're still basically just constructs of RGSS3. Unless of course they use an input that isn't yet available on the port (like keyboard buttons etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
on my old galaxy s2 i tried many different games including my own and they all worked. Anyway, my point still stands. If someone can make a homebrew plug and play emulator that plays exotic scripts, shouldn't Degica be able to do the same? Sounds a bit negative, but definitly no meant that way though.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whilst that's interesting, I don't particularly want my game thread hi-jacked into an off-topic discussion about neko rpgxp player, as that is not what has been used to port it.

Thanks.

Shion Kreth

White Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
on my old galaxy s2 i tried many different games including my own and they all worked. Anyway, my point still stands. If someone can make a homebrew plug and play emulator that plays exotic scripts, shouldn't Degica be able to do the same? Sounds a bit negative, but definitly no meant that way though.
Pardon ksjp, but to keep it in perspective gRaViJa, that emulator doesn't run perfectly for everyone; just read the comments, and undefeated appears to be working right for most people now that the sound bug is taken care of. I think rpgvxace is just a more complex engine and as such takes more doing.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Whilst that's interesting, I don't particularly want my game thread hi-jacked into an off-topic discussion about neko rpgxp player, as that is not what has been used to port it.

Thanks.
I understand, sorry for that.

Shion Kreth

White Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now even though I said it worked well on the galaxy tab 3, the galaxy tab 4 claims it's unsupported; if eversor clears that I can test it out while it's still factory fresh. 

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ksjp17:

Do you have any idea when your game will be released for iOS? Still waiting eagerly.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Apple's approval procedures take for ever, but from a recent update I got from Degica, it should be out in the next week or so. Fingers crossed.

Shion Kreth

White Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see there was a patch on the 20th, but the text bug is still the same. :(

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That patch was for a range of fixes, not this text one (for Samsung?) which is proving very hard to track down.  I know that eversor of Heartbit.Interactive is working on it.

shaynec1981

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Motorola Droid Ultra is incompatible. :(

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to hear that.  The compatibility issues are all in the hands of Degica/Heartbit.Interactive so I can't help out there.  As we were discussing a while back, the Android market is so highly fragmented, with so many variations of OS dropped on top of the basic Android system, that getting something compatible with everything is well nigh impossible. 

IRHP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is an RPG Maker game? If so, how did you get it on Android?

Sounds good, btw.

Reactions: Kes

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is an RPG Maker game? If so, how did you get it on Android?
Yes, it is an RM-Game - and it was used to alpha-test a conversion program that is not yet (and probably won't be for quite some time) available to the public.

IRHP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^ Just knowing there's one in development is simply fantastic. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

We've finally released an early demo of our game! Would love to see what people think! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/odicia-pre-alpha-demo.125104/
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belphe89