Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This gets a new thread because it needs a little explanation. These are Doodads for use with Yanfly's Grid Free Doodad plugin. They go on the ceiling tiles above door ways so your character can pass under the door way while going through it. (mostly intended for interior doors, bedrooms and such.

The first link is for door size 48x66

The second link is for door size 48x48 (this will work for door size 48x96 if your walls are three tiles high)

Here is a screen shot of how it looks when you set up your door way. You will want to put a ceiling tile over the open space for your door.

door setup screen shot 1.png

Also, regions should be set to both allow passage through the ceiling tile right above the door way, and restrict passage on the rest of the tiles.

door setup screen shot.png

Once you have this set up, place the Doodads in game, make sure they are layer 6 or above. Some need a tiny bit of tweaking, just reduce or increase the X scale a little to blend them perfectly.

After use, I found it works better if you place an allow region directly above the door (shown in screen shot below) Also, here is how to write the door event. The second tab is exactly the same EXCEPT you are turing off self switch A, instead of turning it on.

doortile explaination.png

Here is the link to the files in dropbox. I hope they prove useful to some! :D
For use with 48X66 Door
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrvyuwzygfbm3zt/AACLKrAb1r796E6EUr2tqK9Va?dl=0
For use with 48X48 Door (this will work for door size 48x96 if your walls are three tiles high)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e4432x1v8jv2ihf/AADoCFl2-OHWvD1xXtwwlEMQa?dl=0

Last edited:

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nicely done!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nicely done!
Thank you! I'm thinking I will add the other two common door sizes.

I just added doodads for the default door size, 48x48. I didn't test them all out since I don't use that door size, so I apologize in advance if they don't blend perfectly. (They should though)

Last edited:

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love you.

No, seriously, lmao!!~

I had such a hard time getting my characters to pass through doorways, in the end, I just removed the door and the wall. :kaoeh:

I'll try this, hope I can get it to work soon. :kaoluv:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mikleo

I found it works better if you add another pass region right behind the door. Here's a screen shot of that and the event I use.

doortile explaination.png

The second tab is the same except you turn the self switch off at the end instead of on.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To bad they are not for the modern walls but still, definitely useful I'm sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was today years old when I realized I could choose where to put choices in VNMaker. Oi.
What if I start to make final boss first then crawl down from there to make lesser bosses
i don't even know why i bother. Trying to to a simple candle light to flicker. Hour later no progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MIGUARDI