Underwater effect without scripting

Venderbox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a way to show an underwater effect in a level that doesn't require scripting? I don't feel comfortable using scripts that require you to edit them, as I have no scripting experience.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Depending on what exactly you mean by 'underwater effects', your first thing would be to look at screen tint (second tab on Event Command menu) to give you that green/blue effect. If you want a shifting ripple effect, that could be done by using the Show Picture command (same tab) where you have 2 pictures imperceptably changing using a parallel process. You could also do it using a fog, though that would require a script.

Not all scripts require you to do any configuring. For example, Shaz's script for fogs just needs you to put the script into the script editor, and then you use a simple script call (and she tells you exactly what they are) on the map where you want the fog to show. A fog would, in my opinion, be the best way of giving that shifting effect that you need for underwater, plus, of course, the screen tint.

Venderbox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I decided to try out Shaz's script but for some reason it's unable to find the graphic file I used as the fog.
My script call is this: show_fog(1, "water_reflect", 0, 175, 0, 220, -2, 1)
When I start up the game I get a message saying "Unable to find file: Graphics/Fogs/water_reflect"

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that directory and file exist? Including capitalisation?
Fog is not the same as fog....

Venderbox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I managed to figure it out! I was putting the fog graphic in Pictures, when I had to create a new folder named Fogs in the game's Graphics folder and put the fog graphic there. It is now displaying fine. I also used Craydragon's light beam and waterfog for extra effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.

I speed it up, the one I use to use was to long.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YKJordan