Unexpected File Format error Fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So for you people who have this error, Do not fear! I got the Fix!

To get you maps back - make a new game, And go to your corrupted game and check how many maps are in your data folder!

Make that many maps in the new game (it can be blank)

After this, Get all maps from the corrupted game and past it in the new game's data folder.

Check to see if you have your maps, if not or if you get a error, copy and past a map at one time.

DON'T COPY THE MAPINFO!

Now to the scripts!

Get this program - https://www.dropbox.com/s/59hsal1a9tok2oe/Gam.rar?dl=0

There's two way!

Open the exe - and go open the corrupted games scripts file in data

The long way - Go through all the scripts, Find the error, and then try yo fix it (your on your own on this one)

Fast and easy way -  Go and copy the scripts you wan't and put them into your new games scripter!

Downside - you may need to rename your maps again or rearrange your maps again. 

Sidenote - Copy and past the rest of your files, NOT THESE FILES!

-Game.ini

-RGSS102E.dll

-rubyscreen.dll

-The Data File

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much! I know this was from a year ago, but I used this and was able to recover my game which was corrupted. I was really scared
since I didn't know what to do, but I was able to continue from where I left off. Thank you very much :smile::smile::smile:

Mannequia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you paste all the stuff while rpg maker is running or no?
EDIT: nevermind I fixed my game. I tried the basic instructions a couple times over before it worked so I was having a bit of an anxiety attack but it's all good now. Thanks

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Mannequia, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaton