Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps I am a bit stupid, and I missed something but:

Every time I try to use this plugin the "Unexpected identifier error" happens.

This is the complete error message, obtained pressing F8:
SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
at Game_Interpreter.command355 (rpg_objects.js:10492)
at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8930)
at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8838)
at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6115)
at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:6022)
at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:608)
at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:600)
at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:589)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
What I did:
I added an event (fixed event) wich contains only a script command with those parameters:
EnemyBook open
(I also provided a screenshot for this: see the attachment at the end of this post)

When I start a new game, and I try to activate that event, the error occurs.
I also tryed to add notetags to enemy (I am using the initial database, where only 4 enemies are added: bat, ogre, etc) like this one (example: bat)
<desc1:this enemy flies>
<desc2:and bites>
<book:yes>
But the problem still unsolved.

Additional informations:
1) I am using RpgMaker MV from steam (Linux version)
2) EnemyBook.js plugin is the one you will have in a new game, and NOT the one you can find in <Steam_RpgMaker_MV_DLC_directory>/KadokawaPlugins
3) Game project is a "blank" new one, with the standard database setups, with a single blank map (no buildings, no trees, only grass) and only 3 events in total (including the one I am asking about). No common events.
4) On play test, I run a new game. The other 2 events (not involving the plugin) runs fine. the JavaScript error trigger immediately after I try to activate the event wich tryes to make the "EnemyBook open" script call.

Attachments

Last edited:

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried the plugin you linked, but I had exactly the same problem.
I changed the event command to --> BeastBook open
I changed the notetags accordingly --> (here the example for Bat enemy)
<desc1:The mighty BAT>
<desc2:This is Line 2>
<desc3:Some Info here?>
<desc4:Even more Info!>
But... again the unexpected identifier.
It is a problem that I cannot figure how to solve myself, also becouse the F8 message does not point to any part directly related to the plugin involved in the problem, but points directly to core script lines, as you can see in my previous message
(As I said the problem is EXACTLY the same as before)

------------------

EDIT: SOLVED.
I didn't notice that, in the section "Advanced" there is another button "Plugin Command".
Changed the event command from "script call" to "plugin command" and I solved the issue. I feel a bit stupid.
However, out of curiosity: did you have also a suggestion for the Item Book script? (the Bestiary one you pointed seemed good)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap