Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone !
So I'm having a massive glitch that's making my brain leak by the ears.
I'm currently working on the bonus of my game and for no absolute reason,
the play test keeps shutting off and when I go into the script editor, it automatically seems to link to
the line 100 in the cache, this one :

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ● 空のビットマップを作成
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def self.empty_bitmap
Bitmap.new(32, 32)
end

it's more precisely this line :
Bitmap.new(32, 32)

So let's be clear, I'm no coding expert.
I tried to solve the glitch through different means, rewrite events severals, test some scripts, relocate the event on different maps and etc but it's extremely confusing because there's really no apparent reason as to why this doesn't work. I don't use any specific asset, it's just the same as the rest of the game but strangely, now that I'm working on the final bonus of the game, this just doesn't work.
Please, may someone help me figuring out why the play test shuts down (no crash and no message error) and why it seems to be linked to this line in the cache.
Thank you very much !
(also, it's on rpg maker vx ace)

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to ACE Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not enough info.
A sudden close could be because you typed "exit" literally in the script call.

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not enough info.
A sudden close could be because you typed "exit" literally in the script call.

That's the thing, I don't use anything in this event besides text and pictures. It just stops working for really no apparent reason as nothing was changed before I started having an issue.
I tried all sorts of ways to fix it but really nothing works !
I don't understand why the crash just seems to be linked to this specific line in the cache script.

Last edited:

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(I've tried a Cache.clear command but it didn't solve the issue.)

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Still not enough info.
You said you tried all sorts of fixes, but you don't explain what kind of fix.
You said only text and picture, but you don't show the event command.
You said it happens in the bonus stage of your game, but you never confirm if it also happens somewhere else.

Cache has nothing to do with this.

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Still not enough info.
You said you tried all sorts of fixes, but you don't explain what kind of fix.
You said only text and picture, but you don't show the event command.
You said it happens in the bonus stage of your game, but you never confirm if it also happens somewhere else.

Cache has nothing to do with this.

As I said, I can't give more details. It works then it doesn't work, it work on some maps, but then it doesn't, it work on some save files, then it doesn't without any change.
It's such a confusing glitch that it's simply too hard to give any more details.
It's so confusing that, it's nonsensical obviously, but it just feels like the engine just does this to annoy me before bring my project to a it's completion. It's obviously not the case but it's just that confusing.
This glitch is seemingly no rare that I haven't found a single topic anywhere on the web about it.

Also I can't really provide a picture at the moment but even then, you won't see anything in the event that will seem abnormal. There's no script command, I checked and rewrote it a thousand time to see if there's any issue.
Also the cache is obviously a problem since, when the game shuts down, the script editor automatically displays a line that's specific to the cache script as the main source of this glitch.
I think I may need to understand what the line 100 in the cache script means but I'm unable to, sadly.

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also I did mention some of my attempts to fix it like relocating the event, rewriting it entirely, making new maps, change some assets, test the scripts and etc...
Also the rest of the game works fine. It's just this event for truly no real reason.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As I said, I can't give more details. It works then it doesn't work, it work on some maps, but then it doesn't, it work on some save files, then it doesn't without any change.
It's such a confusing glitch that it's simply too hard to give any more details.
Then we can not help you further.
The first thing to do when reporting a problem is being able to replicate the issue OR drop the demo for everyone to test if it also happens for them.

If you can not provide this, really, we can not help you.
In case you don't understand, I'm willing to test it for you.

Also I did mention some of my attempts to fix it like relocating the event, rewriting it entirely, making new maps, change some assets, test the scripts and et...
Not enough info.
Relocating like what, what was before, and what now?
Rewriting it like what, what was before, and what now?
What kind of test script? What kind of method that you have attempted?
"attempts to fix like this and that" is not a helpful information

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then we can not help you further.
The first thing to do when reporting a problem is being able to replicate the issue OR drop the demo for everyone to test if it also occurred the same.

If you can not provide this, really, we can not help you.

Not enough info.
Relocating like what, what was before, and what now?
Rewriting it like what, what was before, and what now?
What kind of test script? What kind of method that you have attempted?
"attempts to fix like this and that" is not a helpful information

Well, I've been editing it for two days so I cannot remember every single manipulation, it just comes down to moving every single text box up and down, renaming everything, rewriting the text, replicating commands or updating them and etc... Just for it to be basically the same thing and ultimately result to the game shutting down.
And by relocating I mean playing the event on a different map, either a new one or older one.

Then at least, would you happen to know what the line 100 in the cache script means? It might help me figuring out the source of the bug.
Also I'm a bit fearful of sharing an uncompressed file of the game but I'll try to provide one asap.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I've been editing it for two days so I cannot remember every single manipulation, it just comes down to moving every single text box up and down, renaming everything, rewriting the text, replicating commands or updating them and etc...
Then next time you're reporting a problem, please don't do this.
"I did it a week ago, I don't remember anything, it just doesn't work"
That is not helpful. A video that provides the context could help a lot.
But you just keep saying "it doesn't work". How would you expect us to help you?

Then at least, would you happen to know what the line 100 in the cache script means? It might help me figuring out the source of the bug.
You're really persistent that this was the source of the problem when you have no idea about scripting. But ok. That particular line was just creating an empty picture.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
what the line 100 in the cache script means?
But this is really not the issue.
You should use a backtracer as that will give more help to find the issue.
It can tell you what was accessed before the cache was accessed, then you may find the problem.

You also seem to be refusing to provide helpful information. And by helpful I mean useful to us.
What you've been saying is "I tried lots of things and it doesn't work."

Well, I typed lots of text and you're problem is not solved.
Not really helpful is it?

I don't know what bonus thing you're trying to do or what is involved with it. Is it linked to a script or is this all evented?

Taking a screen shot of your game is very easy.
You can use the windows snipping tool or you can press Alt + Prtscn (with the game open or the event open)

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then next time you're reporting a problem, please don't do this.
"I did it a week ago, I don't remember anything, it just doesn't work"
That is not helpful. A video that provides the context could help a lot.
But you just keep saying "it doesn't work". How would you expect us to help you?

You're really persistent that this was the source of the problem when you have no idea about scripting. But ok. That particular line was just creating an empty picture.

Well, if I end up being unable to find a solution by tomorrow, I will provide the right tools to work this out asap.
I'll try to see if I either show you the issue through a video or if I'll provide the game file.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I will wait until then.

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK so wait, I've booted my computer.
here's the video :

note that it shuts down at random moments during the event. It can shut down after 5 secs of 15 secs and etc...
Also it's very laggy but it's because of my recording software.

As you can see before play testing, the script editor is on the main page, then after it shuts down, it's on the cache script line 100.

Last edited:

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Capture1.PNGCapture 2.PNG

So as you can see, it's pretty basic, funnily, it's the most basic part of the game ...
(also don't mind the few misspellings, I haven't had the time to take care of that yet)

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I noticed that you're using a Japanese base script.
There was a modification to the base script somewhere else that is not the standard from what we have. It might be possible that was the source of the issue. I don't remember what was the modification, but I once fixed someone's else game that has a similar issue.

Where do you get your RPG Maker VXAce?
Or if you edit your game based on someone's project, where did you get them?
What if you remove all "Show Picture" related event? Does it still crash?

It might be better if you could send the demo, by DM or drop it here.

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
An ex-friend of mine bought it from the Japanese store or website or I don't know and gifted me his computer with the software installed on it.
Oh... You really don't remember :/?
Other than that, this project comes from a new project.

I tried that yes, not putting any picture. I'm going to retry but sadly, I doubt this will work.
Well, I can't send it at the moment.
I have to leave the house.
But nothing comes to mind?
I just find it so strange.
Like I said, I tried to find people having the same issue on the web but no one does seemingly.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
An ex-friend of mine bought it from the Japanese store or website or I don't know and gifted me his computer with the software installed on it.
Well, then that is the thing.

I tried that yes, not putting any picture. I'm going to retry but sadly, I doubt this will work.
It's not about fixing, it is about identifying if that was indeed the issue.
The fix comes later.

Well, I can't send it at the moment.
I have to leave the house.
You can also just send the script.rvdata2 file, that works the same thing.

I just find it so strange.
Like I said, I tried to find people having the same issue on the web but no one does seemingly.
I would assume that because everyone here bought VXAce from the official EN store, and not JP. We have the same base script. I'm unaware of how you get the JP store and I'm not sure if it has the same base script. You could not even confirm it yourself, that an extra big question.

wistiecutie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, then that is the thing.

It's not about fixing, it is about identifying if that was indeed the issue.
The fix comes later.

You can also just send the script.rvdata2 file, that works the same thing.

I would assume that because everyone here bought VXAce from the official EN store, and not JP. We have the same base script. I'm unaware of how you get the JP store and I'm not sure if it has the same base script. You could not even confirm it yourself, that an extra big question.

But then why does 8 other hours of gameplay, with much more complex eventing, works but not this basic small event. That's what also gets me very confused.

Besides, I tried again to remove the pictures, but this doesn't seem to be what's causing the issue.

Alright. I'll send that asap through dms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png
I am new to RPG maker MV, please be harsh with me :D
Shaz wrote on Tohtori_Jamba's profile.
Hi, you can post a thread for your game in the Completed Games forum. Please check the pinned thread there and make sure you provide all the requested information.
and_remember_tomorrow_more_redesigns_4.jpg

edit: The complete redesign of my player HUD, Time rewind message, mini map and puzzle map.... I'll toss up an animated version later. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piruhawas