Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So currently in my game I have 4 playable characters, your party members are the traditional Attacker/Healer/Tank and your character has customizable stats and can learn any skill in the game but can only equip 6 at once. There is a 5th character who I'm thinking about making playable, but I have no idea what kind of gameplay role they would fill besides just making a duplicate or hybrid class, but if I do add them I'd like to do something more unique. If anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them.

KillerPixEEL

Killer Pixeel Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Butcher class... can consume enemies health. can create items and buffs, from enemy corpses. Goes into berserk hunger mode if he doesn't consume flesh... The Gluton!

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... you said you already have a tank/healer/attacker(DPS).

I like @spitzfire1985 Butcher idea a lot.

You could have a warlock and uses their own HP as a mana source and spends their time debuffing enemies. Not necessarily damaging but debilitating them. The warlock could also have a party heal that heals everyone but him. Mind you spells take his HP to cast.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pick any of these stereotypes/templates
  • Support (Buffer) = the main gimmick is to increase the performance of the party (can be an attack, regen, immunity)
  • Support (Debuffer) = the main gimmick is to reduce the enemy performance
  • Attacker (Crowd control) = the main gimmick is to control the crowd like AoE, stuns,
  • Attacker (Nuker) = the main gimmick is to deal a huge single damage
  • Niche use = Performs better when a certain condition applies. e.g, damage increased based on the enemy's agility.

ultrament2

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you have your party.
You have your Attacker (Melee/Magical)
You have your Healer (Item/Magical)
You have your Tank (Physical/Magical)
You have your Jack of All Trades
But what do you add to round out the party?

Ideas:
--- MP Battery (Support)
Shares MP with everyone + utilizes MP reserves, has high MP reserve.
--- Breaker
Debuffs are just as valuable as Buffing. This is self-explanatory, because it functions similarly to the Buffer.
--- TP Generator
Just accumulates tons of TP and lets it loose ASAP. If your game doesn't use a third bar, ignore this.

OldVoidknight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like your party could be missing a Rogue (Jack of all Trades/Buffer/Support Guy).

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Mechanics Design is not for feedback on individual specific projects.
[MOVE]Game Ideas and Prototypes[/Move]

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeBski