Unique Item Collection Quest

fusserhi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Guys, I did have a look around to see if I could find anything similar to help me, but I came up empty handed.
Anyway, as the title says, I want to make a quest where when I collect 5 unique items an event triggers.

I have the idea of when I collect a specific key item, it activates a switch (the items would be used to trigger other events so not sure about using the same items on repeat for events) and once all 5 switches are activated, an event occurs.

Problem is I dont know how to do that it at all possible.

If anyone is able to help, I would be most grateful...

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can do this by creating a common event and use variables and conditional branches.

if player possessed item 1
variable x = 1
turn switch on
end

repeat this 5 time, each to its own item, call this common event on each of those item.
below the 5, use this:

if: variable x >= 5
trigger the events or switches you want.
else
x more items to go
end

there might be other ways as well, but it really depends what events get triggered,
one of their own, one in general.

there a couple of ways in order to do this, but it also require YEP_MergeCommonEvent
to make it better and possible complex event trigger.

the exact way is something you need to figure out, but this is only a base which can
be used, but you can create it in other ways as well, depending on your needs.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would just +1 to a variable each time one of the items is collected.

Does the triggered event only happen on a particular map? If so, just put the variable >= 5 in the event page conditions.

If it can happen on every map, then also create a common event with NO trigger, do a conditional branch to see if the variable > 5, and do what's needed when the 5 are collected. Then on each item, after the +1, do a Common Event call.

All that's required then is one variable, and maybe one common event (or maybe not).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucimountfort