Unique Item Collection Quest

fusserhi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Guys, I did have a look around to see if I could find anything similar to help me, but I came up empty handed.
Anyway, as the title says, I want to make a quest where when I collect 5 unique items an event triggers.

I have the idea of when I collect a specific key item, it activates a switch (the items would be used to trigger other events so not sure about using the same items on repeat for events) and once all 5 switches are activated, an event occurs.

Problem is I dont know how to do that it at all possible.

If anyone is able to help, I would be most grateful...

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can do this by creating a common event and use variables and conditional branches.

if player possessed item 1
variable x = 1
turn switch on
end

repeat this 5 time, each to its own item, call this common event on each of those item.
below the 5, use this:

if: variable x >= 5
trigger the events or switches you want.
else
x more items to go
end

there might be other ways as well, but it really depends what events get triggered,
one of their own, one in general.

there a couple of ways in order to do this, but it also require YEP_MergeCommonEvent
to make it better and possible complex event trigger.

the exact way is something you need to figure out, but this is only a base which can
be used, but you can create it in other ways as well, depending on your needs.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would just +1 to a variable each time one of the items is collected.

Does the triggered event only happen on a particular map? If so, just put the variable >= 5 in the event page conditions.

If it can happen on every map, then also create a common event with NO trigger, do a conditional branch to see if the variable > 5, and do what's needed when the 5 are collected. Then on each item, after the +1, do a Common Event call.

All that's required then is one variable, and maybe one common event (or maybe not).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleFoxEdit