alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone out there either has or could make shield icons that have a similar aesthetic to the image above. If you guys know of a source please link me to it. I need about 5-10 unique shield designs.

I should also mention that I would like the icon to be angled in such a way that it can look like a shield being used in sideview combat like the image above. In my project the icon will be placed in an animation sheet to show the characters block visually in battle.

This is for MV and the size of the icon needs to be 32x32.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
As a sidenote, two of the shields you posted above seem to be of rather low quality. Avery has redrawn those two, so the quality is a lot better (it's under MV II).

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a sidenote, two of the shields you posted above seem to be of rather low quality. Avery has redrawn those two, so the quality is a lot better (it's under MV II).
Thanks for the link! I was already aware of her icons and they're beautiful but she drew those two shields in a slightly different style than the original, which is what I actually prefer. I appreciate the help though.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Avery's terms of service explicitly forbid reposting her resources. Please remove her images from your post and provide a link instead.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Avery's terms of service explicitly forbid reposting her resources. Please remove her images from your post and provide a link instead.
I changed it.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could have sworn the VXAce icon sheet had more shields than that.. Also, you could always re'color some! :)
I'll do some search-fu and come back this thread.

EDIT: Download Yanfly's Icon Generator.. there a decent number of shields in the VXAce section, and you can recolor too. Good Luck!

-MIA

Last edited:

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could have sworn the VXAce icon sheet had more shields than that.. Also, you could always re'color some! :)
I'll do some search-fu and come back this thread.

-MIA
I've already recolored all of them several different colors but I was searching for some more unique designs. I have a lot of shields in my game ranging from "rare" shields to "legendary" shields. It's hard to see a shield as legendary when it's just a recolor of the first shield you got in the game.

EDIT: Download Yanfly's Icon Generator.. there a decent number of shields in the VXAce section, and you can recolor too. Good Luck!
I already have. The images you see in the op are all the ones I can use from it.

Last edited:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I tried to make a couple of them based off the shields in your original post but I don't think creating shields is really my thing lol. Maybe you might be able to use them:

Shields.png

Edit:
Shields2.png
Forgot to add this little one too, lol

Last edited:

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I tried to make a couple of them based off the shields in your original post but I don't think creating shields is really my thing lol. Maybe you might be able to use them:

View attachment 127404

Edit:
View attachment 127408
Forgot to add this little one too, lol
Thanks a lot GalacticGod! I like the blue one you posted. I'll be sure to credit you in my project for this!

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you also checked out Avery's VXAce icon page? (I'm sure you have.. ). She has a huge set of nearly RTP Styled Icons for VXAce with lots of shields in there (along with themed armors, etc.).

:)

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you also checked out Avery's VXAce icon page? (I'm sure you have.. ). She has a huge set of nearly RTP Styled Icons for VXAce with lots of shields in there (along with themed armors, etc.).

:)
I have but blowing up those icons make them look pretty rough and I was hoping I could get my hands on something that looks more refined for what I'm after.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a few shield you could use. I'll see if I have time later to upload them.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No offense, but do you even read my terms?
Upscaling them in any way that makes them blurry is not allowed AND I have an tutorial for how to do it better.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/how-to-enlarge-your-icons-with-3-simple-tricks.81466/
Actually let me correct myself; I could be wrong but I don't recall ever downloading your VXAce icons, just your MV sized ones. I've tried blowing up other icons of VXAce's size and that's what I meant.

Also, I didn't just mindlessly yank your images from the site the other week, it's been years since I downloaded those images and read your terms so honestly I just forgot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345