Unity Seduced Me (Came Back to RPG Maker)

jigida70

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After a sudden death in the family a few months ago, I got motivated to start doing thing I enjoy again. One of those things is storytelling. That got me to start making a game again. I ended up discovering Daz Studio as I researched how to make custom character busts. This lead me to try out Ren-Py. Since I wanted to make a game, not a Visual Novel, that lead me to learn some programming in Unity and purchase an asset that would let me make an rpg game. It wasn't an overall terrible experience, but the more and more I learned how to use that Unity asset, the more and more I realized I could do things much easier by coming back to RPG Maker. Just the variable and switch systems alone make RPG Maker a better way for me to make a game. The plethora of plugins don't hurt either. Anyway, I'm back, and I don't plan on cheating on RPG Maker again.

Here is a sample from a cutscene, and a map image.
Game screenshot1.png
Game screenshot2.png

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please accept my condolences.

Welcome back to RPG Maker.

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My deepest condolences and welcome back to RPG Maker as well.

RivalRamen_Games

Dimensional Drifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry you had to go through that...
But welcome back! :kaohi:

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
welcome back!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THORR1