RMVXA UNIVERSAL QUEST-- A space adventure and a puzzle game rpg in where you can be friends with everyone

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by James Bach, May 12, 2018.

1. James Bach

James Bach Concept Artist Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Traverse an insanely large galactic ship and meet new friends or enemies, too?
    Find a new planet to live in...if you can escape or be trapped in your dark cell forever...

OVERVIEW
    UNIVERSAL QUEST is an adventure puzzle solving RPG game in where you control a young child inside of an insanely gigantic space ship in the vastness of space itself. The game is centered on exploring and puzzle solving, well the puzzles that I'm planning to make are not that generic, though. The game also has a striking resemblance to the MOTHER series, especially EarthBound (or MOTHER 2 if you're Japanese, or if you're just a weeb), it also has a few references to Sim City, and the other inspiration is EVO: Search For Eden. But I'm pretty sure that there are countless of RPG's that inspired me to create this game. And of course, humor, dialogue and character development is one of the games's key points. For me, UNIVERSAL QUEST is just like a world in which I can pour myself into. The average time to complete the game is an estimated 2-3 hours.
    STORY
    You wake up inside of a cold dark cell. You have no idea where or how you got in there. All you know is your name, which is Trotter. You saw a piece of cake on the floor and on the cell door was a guard, guarding you outside... And he looks terribly tired and hungry... Suddenly, you know what to do!

Soon, after escaping your cell and after making a few friends along the way, you learned about the Universal Capturer, Greno, and his plans to make every single creature inside this ship to be his slaves so he can conquer the whole universe. Of course, it is YOUR choice whether to let him take control of the universe... or not?
    GAMEPLAY
    The gameplay is simple. No battles. Just puzzle solving explorations just like your favorite horror games. The reason why I didn't plan to add battles is that they're so hard to modify, and I don't really like violence anyway. All you do in the game is through by choices and simple pick up gameplays just like in Harvest Moon, in which you can give items to everyone for affection. But that doesn't mean that there is an "affection" gameplay in the game, but we'll see about that. I also plan on adding a visual novel gameplay in which the characters are described as cartoonish, but since I'm only using a mouse, it is impossible... for now?
    [​IMG]

CHARACTERS
    The game will cast an adorable, brimming with personality, characters. That includes humans, aliens, cat-girls(no, seriously), robots, murderous space fighters and many more! I'm fleshing out the main characters so far and they're still in development, but here's the cast so far.

Trotter- The main character, or so I say the player character? He is a young boy who wakes up just to go to school, but instead finding himself inside of a dark cold cell.
    SETTING
    In the modern day world, but you have been abducted by aliens! So yeah, it's in outer space, inside of a massive space ship that can hold billions of creatures. I must say that it will take place in a sci-fi 8-bit world filled with personality.
    THEMES
    The whole game is about knowing each othe despite of cultural differences and understanding each other's perspectives and forgiveness. There are also more, can you wait for the game?;)

CONCLUSION:
    I, myself, is currently developing the early stages of the game. That includes the story, events, mapping, tilesets, concept arts, etc, etc. But I would be really happy, and from the bottom of my heart, be grateful to you if you ever collaborate with me on this game. I'll add a thread of recruiting members soon, since my time would be really full from now on because this year is my last year of highschool, and I pretty much have to study but I still have time for my game though. As for the specific release date, I'm not yet planning one as the game is far from finishing and polishing, so keep your eyes out here for further announcements! Good day, to you all!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Nikitaw99 likes this.
  2. Nikitaw99

Nikitaw99 Pixelmancer Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If there's anything I can contribute to your project, it's probably some sprites.

3. James Bach

James Bach Concept Artist Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks dude, but you'd better wait for the thread for the volunteers since I am still editing it and stuff. Huge thanks, though! Is there any way to contact you besides here?

Nikitaw99 likes this.
  4. Nikitaw99

Nikitaw99 Pixelmancer Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a discord account. If you want to know what my username is, message me.

EDIT: I also have an itch.io account.