Unknown shadow/circle above enemy's head?

Fatboysmough

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't really know if this is the right place to ask but I'll ask anyways.

Recently I started on a Touhou fangame and decided to use SumRndmDde's Walk Character Battler's plugin for both the player characters and enemies, to make use of the custom sprite sheets I have. Going to test the plugin on the enemy side seems to give them a odd shadow/circle above their head like so:

shadow.png

This also persists with a few other humanoid characters as well as well, but monster like enemies don't seem to have this:
shadow 2.png

I've tried editing the sprites as I thought maybe the game is making the sprites wrap around since I've had that issue before back when I was messing around with VXAce but the issue still seems to be there. Is there anything I'm missing?
I'll post the sprite sheet just in case it's needed as well.

Enemies.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
It's because of your sprites. Open the image in an editing program that has grids (GIMP is free if you don't have any), set the grid to 48 and you'll notice how it cuts off the bottom row of your sprites each time.
If you move the image up one pixel, the problem should be gone.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@slimmmeiske2 - Yup, all I can add is this image from Photoshop, characters should be placed like this:

Please notice, how actors feet precisly touch grid line, align them like that and should work

Fatboysmough

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright yeah that was the issue. Figured it was something really simple. Thanks you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc1980