Evil Plugin Overlord in the making
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone!
Here's a new tiny plugin I made (thx to SRDude for the idea!) that lets you show tons of choices that will, when chosen, run common events!
It's easy to use, and has an endless amount of possibilities. All you have to do is:
  • Fill in the "choice" list with as much choices as you want (be sure to get them organized though, so you don't lose yourself ;) )

• Fill in the "common events" list with the corresponding common events for each choice.

• Use the plugin commands:
choice -> gives all the choices created in the parameters

cutChoice begin end -> gives the choices that are present within these two intervals, where begin is the first choice, and end is the last one.

Terms of use: For non-commercial as well as commercial games, as long as you mention "DaedraKyne". If you're using this plugin for your game, please let me know!! Also, having a free copy of your game would be nice! ;)

Download: https://github.com/DaedraKyne/RMMV/blob/master/plugins/Unlimited common event choices.js

Last edited:

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have any idea for a plugin, plz let me know!

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Woah this is cool! I was actually thinking about a plugin like this recently.

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:D Nice to know you like it! If you want me to add features to it, @moldy , just ask! ;)

Last edited:

pivoo

Haphazardous Scripter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome job daedra! This sounds mighty helpful. Although a screenshot or two would be a good idea just to make sure people know at they're adding to their projects

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome job daedra! This sounds mighty helpful. Although a screenshot or two would be a good idea just to make sure people know at they're adding to their projects
Good idea xD Gonna do that now :p
edit: done! also, ignore those "

Last edited:

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi DaedraTalos, can you make a command to output random choice(s)
And somehow an Option to Skip Choice Popup window? Maybe in plugin configures? Please?

It will be really great, for example i can setup 3 scenes in 3 different common events and call out an random one.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
You want plugin ideas? I have one!

How about when an actor is knocked out in a battle, he or she is replaced with another actor in the party either immediately, or after 3 turns go by. It would make it so the player can have every character fight before they lose, rather than just the current party.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Neat plugin. Can see a lot of uses out of this.

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaohi:Hey everyone! thx for the feedback!

@Isabella Ava I can definitely do that random output thingy! :3 thing I don't understand is, what do you mean by
an Option to Skip Choice Popup window? Maybe in plugin configures?
?

@MMMm :LZScheeze:thx for the idea! Although I haven't touched the battle side of RMMV's scripts, I'll see what I can do!

@Silenity Thanks! Tell me if you need anything!:kaojoy:

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
:kaohi:Hey everyone! thx for the feedback!

@Isabella Ava I can definitely do that random output thingy! :3 thing I don't understand is, what do you mean by
?

@MMMm :LZScheeze:thx for the idea! Although I haven't touched the battle side of RMMV's scripts, I'll see what I can do!

@Silenity Thanks! Tell me if you need anything!:kaojoy:
Hellow @DaedraTalos, i guess you understood what i mean about random output (say like choices_random(5,20) to output a random choice between 5 & 20)
And another request i mentioned is Skip Choice Selection Box, because sometimes we may output one choice only (thus there is no reason for asking player to choose since there is no other options anyway), or to say in another way, a plugin command to run a random comment events within specified range

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Isabella Ava oooooh! kay, give me 10 mins! you can add me to discord, btw, if you want to :p (DaedraKyne#7075)

• O_O actually, this is way harder than I thought x'D

Last edited:

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin updated! @Isabella Ava the two plugin commands are finished, although, since I have to go to bed now, you'll have to understand how it works by yourself(here's a little guide, though:
  1. randomChoices begin end numberOfChoicesYouWant true/false(if it's okay to repeat YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PUT FALSE, TRUE ISN'T 100% CLEAN YET :p)
  2. randomChoice begin end won't show the choice, but will run the common event :p

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi @DaedraTalos i download your plugin and put into RPGMV but somehow no options were showed up :|
i copied RAW file and paste into a new file
upload_2017-11-28_12-14-29.png

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! @Isabella Ava , you shouldn't rename the plugin, since the Parameters are taken from the plugin's name. Try renaming it to "Unlimited common event choices" with the .js extension :kaothx:

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wooow super, it worked like a charm! Thanks @DaedraTalos ! You shed the light for my project (where player can pick a random opponent - now with your plugin it is so easy, just call randomchoice and one of the preset common event will be played, awesome!)

DaedraTalos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Isabella Ava checked! I also answered your question, hope it helps ^-^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimmyChapman