Unlockable stories?

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by HellFireRevenant, Jul 19, 2019.

1. HellFireRevenant

HellFireRevenant Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi,
    I'm working on my first RPG, and its VERY story driven. I was thinking about making an unlockable story that players can play after they complete the main game. I can think of a way to do this if you continued the game, but would it be possible to have this happen from the New Game selection?

2. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSS Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum! As a bit of clarification (it can get confusing), the "Game Mechanics Design" subforum is for discussing elements of general game design rather than implementation in an RPG Maker engine. Normally for a question like this you'd want to post in the "RPG Maker VX Ace" subforum, but since I believe there is no way to accomplish what you are looking for without using Scripts, I've moved it to the Script Request section for Ace instead.

Anyone know of public Ace scripts that store data outside of the normal Save File?

3. Ravos9988

Ravos9988 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Its probably not compatible with Ace, but I do know that Yanfly has a "New Game+" plugin for MV. That might be a starting point to look at, at least scripting wise. I have yet to make it to that point in my production where I incorporate that particular plugin. Hope this helps.

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/New_Game+_(YEP)

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    tsukihime has a script that stores consistent data by making variables or switches consistent over all savefiles. Needs some planning to use for this, but can easily do it (I once planned to use it for something similiar)

EDIT:
    all MV plugins are Javascript, all previous makers used RGSS-Variants as scripting language.
    So all plugins are automatically and completely incompatible to anything not MV.

Ravos9988 likes this.
  5. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There are at least two persistent data scripts that I know of to share variables between different games. I do not have any link, however, as far as I remember, both of them are listed in VX Ace master scripts page. Just use Ctrl+F and look for "persistent data" (without quotation marks).

6. HellFireRevenant

HellFireRevenant Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Any chance you could send a link?

7. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't want to look rude, but if we had a link at hand we would have provided it directly, that would have been the most logical solution. If we did not, it mea s that we have to use google and find it. However, that being the case, you have an author name, you know what to look for...you could do the very same thing yourself, especially considering that it is something for your game.

If you are not willing to insert a total of 6 words on google after we gave you those info who else would want to do that? It is your game after all. One thing is helping by providing useful information, another is doing the job in your place.

8. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  9. Heirukichi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Not really, I was just pointing out how people who already have enough information should just put some effort in what they are doing, instead of relying on other people to do the search for them. It takes around 5 seconds to look for hime website on google and another 20 use CTRL+F with the word "data" in it.

Waiting for somebody to do that and provide a direct link while already having enough information to do that on our own is just plain wrong. Especially if the other person has to do the very same thing we are supposed to do. Why would somebody else do something for us if the procedure is the very same and we already have enough information to undergo that procedure ourselves? The only possible answer is lazyness, and no matter what, waiting for other people to do something just because of laziness is incredibly rude, at least to me.

I do not think anyone here would be stingy when sharing useful information with other users who ask for help and keep certain information hidden on purpose, but one thing is sharing information, another is doing their job. I also know that etiquette can vary from one country to another, but, at least in my country, it is not considered rude to point out when someone is being impolite.

To me, asking for a link because without even trying to put those pieces of information on google was very impolite; especially because typing "hime scripts vx ace" on google gives himeworks as the very first link, and typing "data" in it immediately redirects you to the right script. If the OP had at least tried it, he/she would have known it and would have never asked for a link in the first place. On top of it, the answer he wrote, has more characters than those I used for the search...which means he would have even saved time by doing that.

ZirconStorms likes this.