Unlockable Title Selection Plugin?

ReeledTiedBTH

Martial Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my first time using this site, I'm trying to get used to it so sorry if I'm not doing something right.
Now onwards to the point of this thread.
Is there a plugin or...anyway to make extra selections unlock in the title screen after you accomplish something or have unlocked it.
I've been searching and I couldn't find anything.

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use http://himeworks.com/2015/11/pre-title-events/ to turn a map into the title screen, then have an event that checks for global switches on it. Just flip those switches as the player progresses through the game, and have the event on the title screen change stuff as those switches are flipped.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or use yami_skiptitle screen and create your own with a choice menu than unlocks and shows.
which is another plugin to do that nicely through a variable or switch or whatever.

customized title screen can be done on different ways though. animated title screen,
there is a good plugin like this one here in the video but im not sure if you can unlock other things.

there are other ways as well, depends in the many possibilities you want to go to.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alternatively SRD has a Title Command Customizer plugin: http://sumrndm.site/title-command-customizer/
You can reference a switch in the "enabled" or "visible" fields like this:
Code:
$gameSwitches.value(123)
Just replace 123 with the switch ID. :)

Either way, you'll probably also want a plugin to provide persistent/"global" switches, otherwise they'll all be reset when you return to the title screen and you won't have any reference for your unlockables. Himeworks has another plugin for that: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/sync-save-data.54104/

ReeledTiedBTH

Martial Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for the help and support :D

ReeledTiedBTH

Martial Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so if I do a game over, where will the transition take you to if you use the skip Title Plugin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Storybook Hero demo has been well received so far. Yay! We are developing it steadily albeit slowly <_<. We will get there one day o_O.
TFW: You get a text from someone and a long conversation--but you have no idea who this person is and don't wanna be that guy that asks "Who is this by the way?" I have no clue who this person is... but they seem to know me quite well. :rswt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funtimesahead