Not open for further replies.

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there, I am trying to make an event in which you defeat an enemy and he drops a key. You pick up the key and go to a locked door and the door will now open because you can now unlock it. I have already created the key and made it successfully drop from theenemy. Now all I need is a way to make the key unlock the door. I also need a way you can not open the door without the key. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the key:

This is the enemy that drops the key:

Both of these work for me.

This is the door that needs to be locked and then unlocked with the use of the key that is dropped from the enemy mentioned above:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your door event page needs to be on a second page within that event.  So I would "copy event page" then "paste event page".  Then I would go back to the first page, keep the graphic of the door, but clear out the contents and maybe put in some text such as "you need a key to open this door."

On the second page, on the left hand side under conditions, there is a place that says "item" check that box and then select the key from the drop down menu, so that it says "Item Key exists". 

Once you have the key in your inventory, you will be able to unlock the door.

Hope all of that made sense.

doorhelp.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Copy the page on your door event and paste it, so you have two pages.

On the second one, set the condition (above the door graphic) to Item [Key] in Inventory.

On the first one, remove the event commands and add a "It's locked" message.

This means, if you go up to the door before getting the key, you'll be told it's locked. If you get the key and then go to the door (the second page will be active), it'll open.

If you want to REMOVE the key from inventory the first time they use it, so the door remains unlocked, copy that second page AGAIN and paste it to a third page. Then, on page 2, add a Change Items to remove the key, and turn on a self switch. And on page 3, remove they Item [Key] in Inventory condition, and replace it with a Self Switch is ON condition.

In this case, it will say the door is locked if you try to open it before getting the key. When you get the key, the door will unlock and open and the key will be removed from inventory. Then whenever you come back, the door will be unlocked, and will open for you.

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mlogan, Shaz, Thank you both. It finally works! I owe you guys big time! XD

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuyFawkes