Unofficial Bug Report Thread (VX Ace)

redspark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
For Kemonomimi in the Face Generator, nothing beyond Type 1 works with the portrait. The Mini's work fine but the Portrait just keeps Type1 for each of the other types.

Sailerius

Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a bug in Game_BattlerBase where tp_rate is calculated using a hardcoded value (100) as opposed to max_tp as stated in the documentation. As a result, the wrong value will be computed if anyone's max TP is not 100. This scriptlet will fix it:

Code:
class Game_BattlerBase
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Fixed to use max_tp instead of a hard-coded value
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def tp_rate
    @tp.to_f / max_tp
  end
end

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The larger character portraits are missing, that are based on the characters in the face sets. Enterbrain has them available for download for those who have registered their copy of the Japanese version of Ace, but no way currently exists those of us who are purchased the English version to get them. These character portraits are like RPG Maker VX the ones in the Extra folder, that is in the zip with setup program for RPG Maker VX.

This was reported on several sites about RPG Maker and people have inquired about the larger portraits, so I figured it needed to added to the bug forum. This could be an FAQ.

I'm not sure if these are exact same ones that are part of the pre-order bonuses or are slightly different. All the posts I saw didn't mention the bonuses and only mentioned them being available to registered owners of the Japanese version of Ace.

The 1st and last letters of the word "Average" don't display properly in the Generate Curve Window if you use it set a Parameters Curve.

This might want to be mentioned in the Help File that by default a newly created Class has the Features:

Add Skill Type [special]

Equip Weapon [Axe]

Equip Armor [General Armor]

Or, these Features might want to be removed from a newly created Class.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this would count as a bug or not.

The Change Battle Back option doesn't hold if you save a game then reload the save.

My default Battle Back was Cobblestones 2 and Stone 1, then I used the Change Battle Back to go to Ice Cave and Ice Cave. After I saved and restarted it went back to Cobblestones 2 and Stone 1.

This also happened when default Battle Back was None. The issue was solved by events but I would think that setting would hold.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the Database Armor Tab , Armor 026 is called a Leather Hap. It needs to be changed to Leather Cap or Leather Hat.

In the Database Armor Tab, Armor 006 Bandana's Description reads:

Headband cloth that protects the head.

Reads better and meshes with Armor 007 Leather Bandana if changed to read:

Headband made of cloth that protects the head.

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you set an event to work under Event Touch conditions and have your project using "Caterpillar" mode for your characters, the Event Touch condition only works when the first member of the party is made contact with. If Members 2-4 touch the event the event doesn't take effect.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Not sure where to post this but I am curious why the tiral have been upgraded and not the normal version of Rpg maker Vx Ace ?

Update your rpg maker version, there was a typo on the older versions. My scripts works only with the latest legal version
The problem is your rpg maker version, you have to update it get a NEW and fresh Script.rvdata2 file. There’s no problem with the script.
Where can I get the last version of Rpg maker ? Because I’ve the same problem as him and there is no Patch on the offical forum to update Rpg maker Vx ace.
Just re-download the official trial from the website. I had the same problem and re-downloading and installing the trial fixed it.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download
Source/link : http://victorscripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-vx-ace/field-scripts/light-effects/

:rolleyes: ?

An upgrade of Rpg maker Vx Ace was made and no annoucement about it ? Or did I missed it even I come here everyday, that's hard to beleive, imo.

Kapik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
So, is there any patch we can download?

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is a problem with the Quick event when making a door that moves. The door when clicked on will do the animation perfectly. But once you use this door it disappears completely. It stays on the last image and goes through the process. of teleporting but does not change from the disappeared door into a visible door.

And does not reset itself I had to use my RPG maker vx to copy the correct event pages to fix the problem. I'm calling this problem you were raised in a barn my mother always told me when I left the door open you weren't raised in a barn.

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've also noticed a problem in my last two RPG makers vx and ace. have a problem with their files becoming corrupt when I was working on my project I noticed that all the data pertaining to launching the game and bringing it up was corrupted i had only move the files twice and with the RPG maker with the VX ace I had never moved it at all yet it still said that it couldn't read the data and that it wasn't a valid Project. this Happened after two weeks of working on it. I was able to take all of the stuff I was working on to a new project and get it to work after that. Please let me know if there's a fix or if this problem has also been noticed by other people.

frostt17

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Every time I try to speak with characters in the damage set (the ones that are lying down or injured) it changes to a different sprite. For example, I tried speaking to the bearded soldier in damage 1 from above and he changes into a catgirl then changes back when I'm done. I've looked around and I can't find anyone else with this problem. I am not using any scripts so I really have no clue what is causing this.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not a bug. By default, characters turn to face you when you talk to them, so if you have a character sheet that has lots of different characters on it, it's going to change the sprite. To stop it, just turn on Direction Fix on the event tab.

frostt17

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, that fixed it, thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might be good to ask for help with stuff in the support forums when you get stuck, rather than immediately logging issues as bugs. There will usually be a simple explanation :)

dw817

◈ Senior Games Programmer ◈
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a bug crop up in the installation of RPG Maker VX Ace Lite, running the SETUP.EXE from the package (RPGVXAceLite_E_AVG_0205).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
dw817, please post this in a new thread, along with a more detailed description, and give people a chance to help you walk through it, before assuming it's a bug with the software.

If that's what it ends up being, sure, it can be logged here, but I don't want all the Q&A to try and get to the bottom of it derailing what should be a summary thread.

dw817

◈ Senior Games Programmer ◈
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
dw817, please post this in a new thread, along with a more detailed description, and give people a chance to help you walk through it, before assuming it's a bug with the software.

If that's what it ends up being, sure, it can be logged here, but I don't want all the Q&A to try and get to the bottom of it derailing what should be a summary thread.
I can make a 2nd post (I already made one prior). Will you address this new post I make if I state all the details of the problem I am having ? I don't want to waste your time - and I want to do this the correct way.

Updated (Mar 31 2013)

Full problem solved. I was using 7zip instead of WinRar which decompresses a RAR file differently. I am now working on my world file.

Thank you, Shaz.

Gorou Fujita

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I seem to have found a bug that prevents you from changing the name of a "map event." I don't have any trouble changing a common event's name, or even a map itself.

If you just change the name of the event, regardless of if you just created it or if it's an old event, it doesn't save the changes. However, if you change the name of an event and then press any of the buttons up top in the "Edit Event - ID:xxx" screen, such as "new event page," "copy event page," and so on, then the name will save. In addition, changing the name, then selecting a different tab/page also works. Double however, all of those methods will fail if you press the button/tab/page and then change the name. You have to change the name before pressing any of the buttons or this won't work.

No matter what else you change anywhere else on the screen, such as the conditions/graphic/options/etc., the event name will never save properly.

I looked around to see if anyone else reported something similar, but I didn't find anything. Something like this seems like an obvious bug, so I'm guessing it has something to do with me using the recently updated version with the new DRM. I was never able to try the old version, but after I had installed it, I did check the program files folder and I think that the version number of the exe(the tooltip that pops up when you mouse over it) was different than the new one I'm using now.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have that problem. I can create a new event, change the name, NOT move out of the name field, and click the Close button, and the event will have its new name.

What is your version number (Help > About Ace)? Mine is 1.01a

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GalertyEarth