Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This seriously takes the fricking cake, insinuating I'm trolling my own game??

"I'm distinctly reminded of this thing I saw a short while ago on Twitter, about some "Kickstopper" that was attempting to quash and shame a novella publisher. Said "Kickstopper" claimed that novella publishing would destroy the publishing industry and shame the ideal of the "Great American Novel." Even though there was a separate site for the campaign which said something different, the Kickstarter page explicitly stated that the novella publisher being headed by a woman was one of the reasons it'd fail.

In the end, it turned out it was a blatant advertising stunt being pulled by a friend of the aforementioned female head of the publisher.

Just pointing that out."
Actually he is even targeting your gender in that comment as well.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounds like it's time for an IP ban. You should formally complain BCj.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounds like it's time for an IP ban. You should formally complain BCj.
Oh I send a message to Touchfuzzy several hours ago. He just PMed me back, it's getting sorted.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow. Just wow.

Also funny cause I don't even know what game he is talking about that we already decided won considering I can't name a single game submitted yet. (I've been avoiding even looking at them before judging).

Anyway, I have to get ahold of the person who has the mod stuff for the GDF page (I hadn't needed it so far so I never bothered to remember to get added), and we'll take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is that with workable game downloads, or just total submissions? Because clearly many are just premade pages without the real finished game. (Still, scary number)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
But less scary than last year.  Wasn't it something like 800 actually submitted?

I think that 691 is the total number of submissions, and I expect a fair number won't make the deadline.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah that's submission total as in number of individual entries. I know some entries ended up removing their pages and a small number of them are easily using currently copyrighted/trademarked material. So you could say its lower than that in reality.

edit-according to last years page it says 800; didn't actually follow it last year though.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm mostly worried about trying to find neat stuff among a  swamp of unfinished submissions OTL I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE some made pages and have early builds that are not complete. SOME poeple must not have finished. MANY, in fact (this is game dev, after all XD)

I doubt they'll really do it, but it'd be awesome if the judges displayed a list of the screened games (the ones that made it past) so we don't have to swim through all that. (Would be nice, but I'm not counting on it)

Nivlacart

Glue my hand to the tablet pen.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished my entry! Now weeding through bugs and re-compressing after each bug.  ;_;

Nivlacart

Glue my hand to the tablet pen.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's over!

Is it over?

Timezones, man.

dinkledaberry

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Olde Englishe
Primarily Uses
Oh hey, there is a place to talk about IGMC here. Sweet.

Here's my entry!

I worked with the artist that did my title screen from last year. Came out looking really good. Girl was on fire with putting out work.

He's some guy trolling Escalia and has to spread his severe lack of social skills.

The things he has said to BCj and accused her of are horrible.
Is that what that was? Lol. He was the only comment I had on my gamepage so I was wondering what that was all about. Of course I'd rather have 0 comments than that nonsense. What's his problem with Escalia?

upsidedownportal

"Insert Forum Title Here"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How we managed to finish I don't even know. Almost no bugs weeded out other than the major ones, but at least it is in a playable state. Pretty good for our first game if I do say so myself!

On another note, let the reviewing begin! I plan on reviewing as many games as possible and I would love to do all yours, I'll be doing some sig checking tonight, haha.

Good luck to everyone who entered!

nana7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Englilsh
Primarily Uses
Are the bugs the result of add-on scripts not being compatible with each other?

I entered the contest with my first game, not counting the little game I made just to learn RPG Maker when I bought it. It is just a 1 hour game since that is all they are judging, and no bugs since the only script I added was a mouse script. It is almost a demo for Darren Curtis music since it heavily relies on his music. Like, 3 pieces in the game are not his. But nothing buggy. The only non-standard thing I did though was a magic to transform items. And a new sort of magic attack, but it just combined existing attack types.

Or are the bugs to watch for the result of longer games having more switches and variables and the ways players might go out of order and get some odd dialogue or worse, out of place events?

My game is Growing Pains, if anyone would lilke to check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paitshens