Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tai_MT I agree with a lot of the things you say (cannot agree with the cats v. dogs because empirically dogs have far more uses than cats and can work a diverse pallet of careers, but a dedicated ratter/snake killer around the house is still a blessing on any home just the same). Can't agree with the quip about weddings, funerals and graduations though...no one but the bride, the bride's mother and occasionally the groom consistently view weddings as anything but boring. There may be exceptions but the vast majority of people agree with you whether they'd admit it or not. Same with graduations.

@Jhale M. Funerals aren't actually 'required'. If you refuse to claim the body (I.E. Don't respond when contacted) whatever jurisdiction the deceased died in will cremate them unceremoniously and put them in storage. My best friend had it in his will that no one should claim his body (though I actually think he donated it as a medical school cadaver or something) and instead we should take the money for his funeral and throw a sendoff party at his house. It was certainly the most interesting funeral I've ever attended, full of drunk and stoned people. What's wrong with "respect for the dead" though? I wish more people had that, tired of television idealogues popping champagne and doing a happy dance on live television every time someone whose opinion differed from theirs fades from this world.

Unpopular opinions...this thread is a little bit dangerous you know. Hmm, unpopular opinions that won't start a flame war against me?

The rapid advancement of technology in recent years threatens to infantilize humanity to the point that we cannot cope with the world around us, and children should be kept away from it as much as possible until they have lived without it long enough to live without it when necessary and have a deep enough personally acquired perspective of the world not to be swept away by sensationalist reality-defying clickbait and the like that seeks to indoctrinate the impressionable/gullible.

Stalking animals is an exhilarating experience, but the hunt itself is infinitely more fun than the kill and thus the kill should only be administered sparingly for nourishment and population control purposes and avoided entirely whenever rationally possible.

King of the Hill is the single greatest comedy ever made(might not be an unpopular opinion among people who actually know what king of the hill is though).

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
> RPG should completely get rid puzzles. Or at least don't make it puzzle solving mini game (avoiding trap is fine though). I play your game for some actions, NOT so solve your puzzles. I lose more than a half of interest once a game is mixed up with puzzles I can't get progress easily even if story/gameplay is really good.

> Zombie Survival type of genre / theme is getting old tbh.

> I don't get the fun of playing / making horror games. But these games seems quite common in RM community.

> I hate of having pets.

> Everyone praise Angel Beats while I can't relate to them.

> I somehow enjoy the cliche-ness of Black Clover anime while everyone seems to hate it :(

> I never like fighting games

Edit:
> I don't get it how people could even enjoy vocaloid songs

Citali

MUNCHKINS
Reaction score
First Language
Cat
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1.) I hate the dragonball anime but the manga and its games are fine.
2.) Getorade tastes like mop water.
3.) The God of War games are boring.
4.) Drivers who don't use their blinkers should be fine at least 1k.
5.) Every car should come with a dash-cam.
6.) They should make brooms with solid metal rods instead of the hollow ones. My brothers keep using them as swords.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) Being completely honest and speaking what's on our mind doesn't necessarily mean we're speaking the truth. Honesty is merely saying exactly what we believe in, but our beliefs can be misinformed, delusional, and factually incorrect. Yet, I think honesty and truth often get confused and treated as the same thing, when they're far from it.

2) The privileges associated with your sex, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs do not exist (in the modern day) and are simply concepts made up to segregate people and propagate the victim mentality so that there's someone you could blame for your troubles. The only real privilege in the world is wealth, and even then it depends on how you got it, because working your ass off for years to get there is hardly a privilege.

3) Western media exaggerates and distorts a lot of information, especially when it comes to passing judgement on other countries which are not its direct allies.

On slightly less serious topics.

4) I think Nintendo games are overrated as hell. I acknowledge their influence in the gaming industry, but I think majority of their franchises lack a good story, character development, or even much of an innovation (at least as of late anyway). How many Mario and Zelda games do we need, seriously?

5) Most modern Hollywood movies have zero creativity and are mere cash grabs. This especially goes for the plethora of superhero films they keep churning out every year.

6) Modern games do not suck compared to old school games. Most have objectively better game mechanics and story plots. The bias is just the effect of nostalgia.

7) Modern music does not suck compared to older music. Just the mainstream stuff does. But there's plenty of excellent music being made by lesser known artists.

...and that's enough for now.

Last edited:

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Matseb2611 Is that second one really that unpopular? The Marxist bloc might have us believe so but I think the good majority of people agree, like everything else the problem is a small vocal group that gets media coverage because their message was hand crafted by the international clique who control the media anyway.

Check out Yuri Bezmenov's How to brainwash a Nation on youtube, Bezmenov was a KGB defector who knew the in's and out's of the process, very interesting stuff and totally reflective of the problems we're seeing today.

An excerpt

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lothloran It's not an unpopular opinion if you include the entire Country perhaps but for our generation and under specifically what Matseb2611 said is basically considered hate speech. I've actually started a fight (a physical fight) on accident in college/uni by saying essentially the same thing he did about privilege and this was in rural Alabama; a place the people that spout that tripe generally view as an irredeemably racist and oppressive geographic to begin with. Unfortunately Yale and UC Berkeley aren't the only campuses that have lost their bloody minds in recent years.

The third one may not be quite so unpopular anymore, where I used to get eye rolls and called a conspiracy theorist for decrying the media's propagandizing I now just as often get nods. If only that thought didn't often only apply to the 4/5 or 1/5 of the media that opposes their specific political dogma then we might actually be getting somewhere.

Agree with everything else you say @Matseb2611 especially the last point. Mainstream music has always sucked, and the best artists often take decades before they are universally appreciated.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Philosophus Vagus Oh trust me, I know. I'm from Canada and we've had 4 years of the Trudeau rainbow regime. But I meant apart from the cosmopolitanite university students and middle aged women it's almost a universally reviled position. I think the common volk are a lot smarter than the international clique give them credit for.

Case and point, check out the State funded propaganda the CBC put out called "Beige Power", a rap video about genocide in essence,
"Mix-y mix around, gunna look the same by the year three thous"

The Like/Dislike ratio on youtube is something like 600 likes to 30,000+ dislikes. And keep in mind, this was STATE FUNDED propaganda.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Political discussions are only allowed in the context of game development. Please keep it out of this topic.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pretty sure it's a social discussion, the clue is in their name "Social.... Justice Warrior", ;) caught you on a technicality.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Doesn't matter. This isn't the place for religions, political, or social issue discussions. This is for discussions about RPG's, period, with occasional off topic discussions allowed as long as it doesn't go into those three.

In fact, if I may ask, what RPG game are you making with RPGMaker? I have yet to see you post anything related to that so far anywhere.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And the social is political. Justic is political. So yeah, a political discussion.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty sure it's a social discussion, the clue is in their name "Social.... Justice Warrior", ;) caught you on a technicality.
Don't even. You brought up Marxism and Trudeau which ARE political and why I stated what I did. Don't get this thread shut down too.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Doesn't matter. This isn't the place for religions, political, or social issue discussions. This is for discussions about RPG's, period, with occasional off topic discussions allowed as long as it doesn't go into those three.

In fact, if I may ask, what RPG game are you making with RPGMaker? I have yet to see you post anything related to that so far anywhere.
I'm making a game called Suns of Uriel, an open world zombie survival/puzzle/mystery game, do you need me to take the time out of my life to post screenshots for you? What kind of question is that? Try looking through my post history, mate. I made a few posts about Falcao's ABS yesterday and mentioned I was using it myself for the aforementioned game I'm making. You're a global mod, don't even regular members have access to a person's post history LOL

@Kes
Yeah, maybe I didn't add enough gifs and emotes to indicate I was being cheeky instead of serious. I'll make sure to use 30 winks next time so you catch it ;) ;) ;).... 3.. I'm not typing 30 of those.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was going off memory there. If you think we look at or remember every posters history you're mistaken.

And my point still stands that this is primarily a forum for rpgmaking. Other discussion like social issues need to be posted elsewhere.

Let's get back on topic now. Here's one of mine to add.

Ff8 isn't that bad a game overall.

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(=T_T=) I would say what my unpopular opinions were, but most of them are actually political opinions, so they don't fit the forum. But I have the opinion that with opinions, most are not unpopular, but merely there are differing opinions. I wanted to have my two cents on issue, so I had to think for awhile about my own unpopular opinions. My biggest unpopular opinion has to be historical "MOVIES" or "GAMES" when they don't truly try to something historical correct, because we're having trouble with what's really historic and what's NOT. Another unpopular opinion is that "FF8" has the worst character interactions, boring romance and situations I couldn't care anything about. =^_^= Otherwise, if this was a political forum, I could have a million and one unpopular opinions, so unless someone creates a political game...

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It is 100% possible that everything you know, everything you have ever seen, touched, heard... The people you've seen on tv, met in person, read about in books, the books themselves... all of it... It was all created last Thursday!! Any memory you have that took place before last Thursday... That memory was also created last Thursday. Before last Thursday, there was nothing. This statement is, as i said, 100% possible. There is no way for anyone to prove otherwise. Its simply just, not possible to prove one way or another...

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll add some as well
Digimon is better than Pokemon.
Magic The Gathering isn't as complicated as the people who play it want other people to think it is.
Dungeons and Dragons 2.0 was the best module ever introduced and everything they added afterwards was a step backwards.
Dragonlace is better than Forgotten Realms.
Drizzt Do'Urden is objectively an unlikable character in the books.

And I haven't talked much about the game I'm working on because it's a mystery game and anything I say will be a potential spoiler, I want to announce it on the forums when its complete and hand out a few free copies before trying to sell it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got the scam again this morning... Maybe a tirade will work better.
Anyway, I'm taking off for Orlando tomorrow. My train leaves at 1:27 and the Wi-Fi on the train is TERRIBLE. Of course, I can't wait to see Dad. I haven't seen him since PTSD treatment. Maybe he'll take me to Aquatica after Halloween!
grief... when ONE plugin is causing a range of issues lol. but then you realize it's the only plugin of it's kind and you don't have a replacement for it lol. oof
the "Run and Hydlide" Update is now live for my game "A Postmortem Nation"

I'll be back soon, reality is trying to capture me but I'm faster!
Mother-in-laws....(eye roll)

Was playing a little Stardew Valley, (haven't in ages) and she comes around and asks, 'oh, whatever happened to those pixel art you were suppose to be doing, pretending you were going to be selling... to nobody.'

Good morning to you too. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTG_Serraphye