evmaster

Think Outside the Box
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unpopular opinion: Painted fingers are disgusting. I see so many photos of people holding food and their fingernails look like they are peeling apart or bitten. That's nasty to look at. You shouldn't take a photo if your nails look that way.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Benny Jackdaw Lol no it is a response; it's something that literally didn't need to be said until vegans started putting down meat-eating. You have a problem with people defending themselves?

Lol if you see vegans getting slammed on tv, but not meat eaters, then you're intentionally seeing what you want to see.

At the end of the day, veganism is a first world privilege. And my goodness, does the greater vegan society act like it :guffaw:
(Not every vegan. I promise I don't mean every vegan. K?)

Edit @Benny Jackdaw Also, sorry if I'm wrong about this, but you remind me of the type of person that maybe grew up telling or is used to telling on people, and having it mean something. In most people's worlds, you do or say something, you might get a response or action you don't like. So for people like that, myself included,
I dont' feel a whole lot of sympathy when someone speaks or attacks and it comes back to them. Even if I agree with the attacker.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@standardplayer : He might be referring to that super bowl ad which poked fun at vegan parties. That's literally the only televised attack I've seen, but I've seen vegans use bad science to try to argue against meat eating on social media.

@Tai_MT : Your post reminds me of a meme I saw once, called how to win a fight on the internet. It goes as follows:

1: Write a very well written post which properly states your points of view with facts to back it up.
2: Delete your post as you realize that nothing will change their mind short of mind control.
3: Move on with your life.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@standardplayer : He might be referring to that super bowl ad which poked fun at vegan parties. That's literally the only televised attack I've seen, but I've seen vegans use bad science to try to argue against meat eating on social media.

@Tai_MT : Your post reminds me of a meme I saw once, called how to win a fight on the internet. It goes as follows:

1: Write a very well written post which properly states your points of view with facts to back it up.
2: Delete your post as you realize that nothing will change their mind short of mind control.
3: Move on with your life.
King of the Hill has made insulting stereotypes of vegans on several occassions.

Shows of Food Network/Cooking Channel (forget which, could be both) do it constantly, with Meat and Potatoes being an example.

Cleveland Show made a "joke" where Cleveland presses a vegans hand onto a grill saying "Smell that!? THAT'S MEAT!!!" With the vegan crying in pain saying how good his burning hand smelt.

Todd Ingram from Scott Pilgrim is an elitist vegan stereotype.

That's off the top of my head. There are probably more. I have yet to see a show legitimately slam eating meat.

@Benny Jackdaw Lol no it is a response; it's something that literally didn't need to be said until vegans started putting down meat-eating. You have a problem with people defending themselves?
No, it's hypocrisy. Meat eaters didn't like how vegans were acting like elitist twats, so they became the very thing they hated: elitist twats.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And you listed things I don't watch. I can't stand King of the Hill or most of those cartoons as all they do is poke fun at whomever they think they can. 30 minutes of making fun of people is not my idea of something worth watching.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's kind of a hyper-specific list. Some of those shows and their creators take stabs at everything, or at least acknowledge themselves for what they are, like King of the Hill.
The Cleveland Show, though? Like......the Cleveland Show? Did anyone even care about that show lol? And I guarantee you there are vegans who worked on some or all of those shows, save for the cooking networks. I wouldn't be surprised if people who make a living out of cooking, often with meat, want to stand their ground.

Striking back is only hypocrisy to people who think they should be allowed to attack with impunity. In other words, people who can dish it out but can't take it. Snowflakes.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Back on unpopular opinions.

All the holidays are following Christmas's trend and it super sucks. Halloween's starting to suck in general.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's one:

Christmas sales come way too early. I've seen them as early as August now. It's so bad I've joked that one year I'm going to go into a store in December waving an American Flag and yell Happy 4th of July while playing patriotic music! Then when everyone gives me weird looks go "What? You think it's ok to celebrate Christmas early so I'm celebrating 4th of July early."

Granted you could probably do this for any holiday. Celebrate Halloween at Easter, or Thanksgiving in May. Valentines Day on Halloween. The possibilities are endless.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
And you listed things I don't watch. I can't stand King of the Hill or most of those cartoons as all they do is poke fun at whomever they think they can. 30 minutes of making fun of people is not my idea of something worth watching.
I hear you there. I watched King of the Hill s1-4 recently, and while it had its moments, I didn't like some of its politics, and certain portrayals made me skip certain episodes.

Striking back is only hypocrisy to people who think they should be allowed to attack with impunity. In other words, people who can dish it out but can't take it. Snowflakes.
Sadly true for many groups.

I... actually liked the Cleveland Show. A little derivative, but compared to Family Guy and American Dad, it's humor is usually harmless, compared to American Dad's excessive use of stereotypes and animal cruelty jokes and Family Guy's sickening portrayal of rape and domestic abuse.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Point 2 is classic cult-mentality. "If everyone thought like me, my idea would work!" Duh.
No, point 2 was an attempt to illustrate the fact that, alone, small changes might not seem like much, but with many people all contributing together, the impact is much greater. It was an example, not whatever sort of weird mandate you seem to be interpreting it as. I don't give a crap what other people eat tbh.

Would it be easier for you if I illustrated it using a more neutral concept? Since these are the RPGMaker forums, let's say you gain a state that buffs your damage dealt by 2%. Wow, big deal, not even noticeable so why bother? Great, now stack it up to 20 and all of a sudden, you have a pretty noticeable impact. That same concept applies to what you originally said: "As a vegan, you are having absolutely no traceable beneficial impact on anything (like the Earth)."

I am but one stack in the carbon footprint resistance buff.

As for cult mentality: The only person trying to make a cult out of anything here is you, so chill.

Edit: At first I thought the end of your post was part of you signature. LOL why are you talking about the NRA, you're mad about vegan stuff! Focus :D
This is the "unpopular opinions" thread, so I posted an unpopular opinion. I separated it with - - - to (hopefully) imply that it wasn't meant as as part of my reply to you specifically.

And nah, most people that are 'complaining' about vegans are just getting annoyed because you all won't stop being so Evangelical about it. Go to your lawmakers, not the internet to get change.
The only one really trying to be all evangelical here is you. But let's just leave it that I guess.

Edit:

At the end of the day, veganism is a first world privilege. And my goodness, does the greater vegan society act like it :guffaw:
(Not every vegan. I promise I don't mean every vegan. K?)
Oh man, how did I miss this? Eating meat is actually the first world privilege here. Throughout human history, it wasn't until sometime in the 1900s+ that eating meat became as mainstream as you know it to be today. Not every country in the world gets to enjoy cheeseburgers for a dollar, either. So yeah, take that as you will.

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(I mean, personally, I think you both need to chill. But that's just my two cents.)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I second that. And a reminder *mod hat on*

We can and will lock this thread if it gets out of head or we feel it is turning into a fight.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aww this just got super lame. lol don't worry @bgillisp we all know you're a mod, I can see it on the mod list and under your icon when you post. I didn't want it to turn into a fight but I kept getting quoted. If I didn't feel like my respondents were baring teeth, i'd have been more tame.

@HexMozart88 lol I'm over it. My wife and I have been laughing our butts off during this whole exchange.
We watch a lot of cringe comps from reddit and all that stuff, this was liking watching one start to unfold. All in all, I had a good experience lol

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@standardplayer I personally didn't feel it was too bad yet myself, but I also used to go to a forum when I was younger where the fun would just be getting started with those kind of posts. Three pages later the world would be on fire, and why is the Dark One running around again? And why do I have this sword?

But that forum also had almost no moderation back then too. So things got about as bad as...well you can probably guess.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bgillisp I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice it was getting hostile. I don't want to say anything to incite further, since it was brought up, but let's just say I knew ahead of time that certain archetypes of people would be enraged. I had also hoped that since the thread title was obvious, that people would just share their own opinions and not get mad about others but....internet lol

Nah, I like it here. This is a pretty quiet place compared to the rest of the internet, people are *usually* pretty cool here

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Quiet? I remember before I was a moderator when no moderators were on duty so everyone got out...

Bread.

Yep, pictures of bread flooded the forums. Everyone was like why are there all these pictures of bread everywhere?

Back on topic:
-Final Fantasy XII and XIII (parts 1 - 3) are honestly not that bad of a game. I wouldn't say they are excellent either (especially XIII-3) but I've played a lot worse.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[edit: You know what this first one could get me in trouble.]

Final Fantasy VIII is wonderful.

Last edited:

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@robhr who you tellin? The FFVIII hd remaster was the first game I ever preordered. I think it's inferior to the original, it just plays too choppy, but the 3x speed made that endgame grind a lot easier. Got all the cards, all the GFs. Love this game.

My next unpopular opinion: If your breed of dog was historically bred to be, for example, a lap dog, it's existence is borderline animal-cruelty.
For example, if your breed of dog naturally has respiratory problems because of years of specified, selective breeding, actively seeking that breed of dog and breeding it further is an awful thing to do.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@robhr who you tellin? The FFVIII hd remaster was the first game I ever preordered. I think it's inferior to the original, it just plays too choppy, but the 3x speed made that endgame grind a lot easier. Got all the cards, all the GFs. Love this game.

My next unpopular opinion: If your breed of dog was historically bred to be, for example, a lap dog, it's existence is borderline animal-cruelty.
For example, if your breed of dog naturally has respiratory problems because of years of specified, selective breeding, actively seeking that breed of dog and breeding it further is an awful thing to do.
Yeah I got the remaster the day it was available. At 82% I think. Just gotta beat Omega Weapon and then the game. About half way through Ultimecia's Castle. 3x speed was great for grinding, yeah. And I cheated a little and used the auto limit thing for the harder bosses.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More Unpopular Opinions:

Women should have the same societal pressures put on them to ask out guys as guys have to ask out women.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't need much of an explanation. Guys go through a lot of crap trying to get up the courage to ask out someone we genuinely like. Anxiety level is through the roof. I think women having to do this as well, experiencing what we do... would likely give them a better understanding of us.

All women should have self-defense courses taught to them. As early as possible.
I feel this way because I don't like the fact that any woman can be a victim. If I ever have a daughter, she's going to be enrolled in any and every self-defense and martial arts course I can find. As soon as she's able to go. No man is ever going to turn her into a victim. My daughter will be the one kicking the crap out of any man that tries to abuse her.

At birth, your DNA should be taken and put on file.
This probably reeks of human rights violations or whatever... But, I honestly don't care. It would be a lot harder to get away with crimes if everyone's DNA were already on file. Paternity cases would also be solved a lot easier. Just upload the DNA sample into the computer, set the criteria for "closest match" and bam.

When you take a cart from a store, you should need to swipe your credit card through it in order to use it.
This is mostly just to get rid of a few annoyances I have. If you don't return your cart to a proper bin... charge your credit card a fee for returning it for you. If your cart wanders through the parking lot and hits another car... you are responsible for that and your credit card can be billed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy