Mystic_Enigma

I'm Your Ham!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's always a wonder when one quick comment manages to spark a long-winded debate between users...

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy Yeah, I factored in indie games since you had Undertale on the list. Fact is, there is a lot of really bad indie games (no offense to indie devs) that get churned out into Steam and other game portals on a daily basis--just sorting a steam search by release shows 45 games were released just today.

But yeah, if you omit indie games and just stick to triple-A, yeah I'd say there's a larger quantity of "good" games now than they were back in the old days, but only to a degree. Maybe it's because I'm adult now, but when I see OVER 100 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY, I'm probably just going to walk the other way. I'd rather play a subpar indie or oldschool game that's going to be finished in under 10 hours than something that I'll still be trying to get through 4 months down the road.

- - -

And on an unrelated note:

@Tai_MT I mean no disrespect when I say this, but you've really got to work on toning down your post lengths. Since the idea of posting is to communicate thoughts with others effectively, it's important to know that, after a certain amount of reading, people are going to just check out. If people see your post lengths and go "NOPE!" then you're not communicating effectively.

evmaster

Cats are the best.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Deadpool is a horrible movie and should never have been made
2. Salt poured on top of desserts is a horrible idea and ruins the sweet. (I don't like a mouthful of salt)
3.You shouldn't share photo of foods if your nails in the picture are either losing their nail polish or bitten on
4. Fake beauty marks are stupid and just distract me

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
That last one... they're not put on for you, ev. Women aren't putting the beauty marks on for you, but for themselves, so whether they distract you and you think they're stupid isn't relevent. XD

The food thing, tho, with the nails. Bang on the head with that.

Have you tried salt and orange slices? It's pretty good. It gets rid of the slight bitterness of the orange and enhances the sweetness instead. I recommend trying it.

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In 2020, the best part of owning a Super Nintendo is acquiring the worst games possible, then playing them with friends. Or grab a Playstation 1 sports game. Offer Monopoly as a tabletop alternative.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got one: SNL sucks!

I used to love the show, but now... it's only a contest to see who can be most WOKE. It's stupid.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got one: SNL sucks!

I used to love the show, but now... it's only a contest to see who can be most WOKE. It's stupid.
If you go back and watch the old ones, it was a kind of left leaning for the time. Admittedly I agree and cant' stand it, haven't been able to stand it since like 95. XD

MetalHunter13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For the guitarists:
Don't tell me how much better your tube amp is than my solid state amp while you've got 26 digital effects pedals plugged into said tube amp.

I don't care that I can't "gig" with this or that amp. I'm not in a band, I hope I will never be in a band or play on stage.

Please stop telling me that I can't record anything with an amp that plugs directly into a DAW.

The word "Gig" sounds ridiculous and pretentious.

I do not need the already mentioned 26 digital effects pedals. Stop telling me that I do.

I have two guitars set up the way I like them and that do everything I want them to. Stop telling me I need more.
Lookin' at you, Darrell "Five Guitars You MUST HAVE!!" Braun and Rick "Guitars We Think Everyone Should Own" Beato.

To pedal manufacturers:
If your pedal doesn't run on a 9 volt battery LIKE EVERY OTHER PEDAL EVER, and instead needs to be plugged in, selling me a $200 pedal without including said plug is downright reprehensible. Not EVERYONE has a pedalboard. I'm lookin' at you, Catalinbread. Not bitter about that one at all...

To the guitar shop that replaced my pickups:
The knobs were on straight when I brought my guitar in, now they're not. WHY?

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nirvana was trash.
Michael Jackson was trash.
Queen is trash.
And...wait for it... Beatles was one of the worst bands of all time.

hero_buddy

artist and pro cat petter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i absolutely hate the default portrait style for RMMV. if i see a game with those faces, i’m very unlikely to play it. i’m fine with the sprites, the RTP tiles and music are okay too. use those, i don’t care. just... please, buy some better portraits if you’re planning to sell your game. it makes your game look so amateurish. i’m not trying to throw shade at anyone since i know not everyone has the art skills to draw their own portraits, but i just can’t stand the default style. even the VX style everyone else uses is better.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i absolutely hate the default portrait style for RMMV. if i see a game with those faces, i’m very unlikely to play it. i’m fine with the sprites, the RTP tiles and music are okay too. use those, i don’t care. just... please, buy some better portraits if you’re planning to sell your game. it makes your game look so amateurish. i’m not trying to throw shade at anyone since i know not everyone has the art skills to draw their own portraits, but i just can’t stand the default style. even the VX style everyone else uses is better.
agreed. though I don't like the sprites and tiles much either, nor the music. the whole thing feels... cartoony. Immature. VX Ace and VX had a much better style

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unless I'm in a rush, I will not use anything MV unless it's a quick design that I'm going to draw over myself. Mind you, I don't even use the engine that often, so that's a bit of a bias. Ace depends. The sprites I can use for a short time. I do prefer XP's, though.

jakeybreaky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pop culture references in media are really cringy.

Disney will be the death of western media, and their increasing monopoly over it is a terrifying issue that not enough people are talking about.

Spiderman 3 isn't as bad as people say and I'd wager to say it's actually a really good movie.

The Star Wars prequels are no more stupid or worse that the original trilogy.

Also, and this is the main one that I don't really see anyone else ever talk about... I'd like to see NSFW media taken more seriously as a genre. People kind of have this double standard when it comes to censorship. If you wanna rip a demon's bloody face in half in Doom, that's totally fine as long as it's properly rated, but god forbid you wanna f*** a demon lol

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I agree with you on Disney, because honestly, I've heard stories about what they've done to their teen stars and ideas on a couple of Marvel characters that they really shouldn't change. They really need a reassessment on themselves.

Blame the Puritians on NSFW areas. Their fault.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Geese honking is an incredibly beautifull and serene sound

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unpopular Opinion:

The lengthier the post, the better.

1. They spark more discussion.
2. They're more substantive and in-depth on a subject or viewpoint.
3. Immediately lets you know who has spent more time thinking about or learning about a specific topic.
4. Helps separate those who just want to to be heard from those who want to listen.
5. Great indicator of amount of commitment to a subject or opinion.

Another unpopular opinion:

Wearing masks doesn't really help anyone or anything. Not going anywhere and hanging out with people or interacting with people helps everything more. Likewise, cleaning your surfaces after each use is more beneficial than wearing a mask. Please note that the COVID virus is as small as a sperm cell. Please note that cloth does not stop pregnancy when used as a contraceptive. This should give you a pretty good idea of how effective a cloth mask is. This isn't even getting into the lack of "airtightness" the masks have on people.

Now, if we're talking actual like... hazmat masks with filters and their own air tanks... Yeah, we should do that.

Masks are basically useless in stopping COVID, but it sure does make people feel pretty eager to go outside thinking they're safe!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...
O_O One day left until I can pre-order the new NSP album! Yay!
Ah, today's the start of Inktober! I should do that.
Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seayton