Mystic_Enigma

Cold Cheer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's always a wonder when one quick comment manages to spark a long-winded debate between users...

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy Yeah, I factored in indie games since you had Undertale on the list. Fact is, there is a lot of really bad indie games (no offense to indie devs) that get churned out into Steam and other game portals on a daily basis--just sorting a steam search by release shows 45 games were released just today.

But yeah, if you omit indie games and just stick to triple-A, yeah I'd say there's a larger quantity of "good" games now than they were back in the old days, but only to a degree. Maybe it's because I'm adult now, but when I see OVER 100 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY, I'm probably just going to walk the other way. I'd rather play a subpar indie or oldschool game that's going to be finished in under 10 hours than something that I'll still be trying to get through 4 months down the road.

- - -

And on an unrelated note:

@Tai_MT I mean no disrespect when I say this, but you've really got to work on toning down your post lengths. Since the idea of posting is to communicate thoughts with others effectively, it's important to know that, after a certain amount of reading, people are going to just check out. If people see your post lengths and go "NOPE!" then you're not communicating effectively.

evmaster

Think Outside the Box
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Deadpool is a horrible movie and should never have been made
2. Salt poured on top of desserts is a horrible idea and ruins the sweet. (I don't like a mouthful of salt)
3.You shouldn't share photo of foods if your nails in the picture are either losing their nail polish or bitten on
4. Fake beauty marks are stupid and just distract me

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
That last one... they're not put on for you, ev. Women aren't putting the beauty marks on for you, but for themselves, so whether they distract you and you think they're stupid isn't relevent. XD

The food thing, tho, with the nails. Bang on the head with that.

Have you tried salt and orange slices? It's pretty good. It gets rid of the slight bitterness of the orange and enhances the sweetness instead. I recommend trying it.

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In 2020, the best part of owning a Super Nintendo is acquiring the worst games possible, then playing them with friends. Or grab a Playstation 1 sports game. Offer Monopoly as a tabletop alternative.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lemme add one
I don't understand what's so interesting in sharing a food pic. And I also don't understand how and why people care about your food pictures.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got one: SNL sucks!

I used to love the show, but now... it's only a contest to see who can be most WOKE. It's stupid.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got one: SNL sucks!

I used to love the show, but now... it's only a contest to see who can be most WOKE. It's stupid.
If you go back and watch the old ones, it was a kind of left leaning for the time. Admittedly I agree and cant' stand it, haven't been able to stand it since like 95. XD

MetalHunter13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For the guitarists:
Don't tell me how much better your tube amp is than my solid state amp while you've got 26 digital effects pedals plugged into said tube amp.

I don't care that I can't "gig" with this or that amp. I'm not in a band, I hope I will never be in a band or play on stage.

Please stop telling me that I can't record anything with an amp that plugs directly into a DAW.

The word "Gig" sounds ridiculous and pretentious.

I do not need the already mentioned 26 digital effects pedals. Stop telling me that I do.

I have two guitars set up the way I like them and that do everything I want them to. Stop telling me I need more.
Lookin' at you, Darrell "Five Guitars You MUST HAVE!!" Braun and Rick "Guitars We Think Everyone Should Own" Beato.

To pedal manufacturers:
If your pedal doesn't run on a 9 volt battery LIKE EVERY OTHER PEDAL EVER, and instead needs to be plugged in, selling me a $200 pedal without including said plug is downright reprehensible. Not EVERYONE has a pedalboard. I'm lookin' at you, Catalinbread. Not bitter about that one at all...

To the guitar shop that replaced my pickups:
The knobs were on straight when I brought my guitar in, now they're not. WHY?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wanted to post a video of location i've finished but it doesn't work...
The game jam has done a lot of good in actually kicking my butt into action. I've even gotten over my crippling hatred of mapping thanks to it! :LZSexcite:

(Okay, there's also schoolwork forcing me to get on the computer, but I like to give credit where credit is due.)
Decided to start working on my second biome/area...

I'm sure I'll end up hating and changing things a whole lot over the next week. :LZSexcite:
I feel bad sometimes around others, I hate, and I mean HATE being touched, and I know they don't know I hate it so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiive