standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
-If you have to acquire a taste for something, it doesn't taste good, and you're silly for continually consuming it (most things will seem to taste 'less disgusting' if you continually consume them)

-Way too many young modern day 'chefs' are wayyy too arrogant, and ruin eating by adding their need for emotional validation, and spend way too much time on visual presentation, when no matter what you do it's gonna wind up brown and as a log.

-Eating other foods or visiting other countries doesn't make you refined, worldly or cultured. It just means you've eaten other foods, and were a tourist in another country.

-Telling other people they are less cultured or worldly bc they haven't been where you've been or eaten what you've eaten proves that you are uncultured. If you have to think about it........

-'Culture' as a whole usually refers to 'how long have people who look like you and talk like you been living here, and how much old clothing and old dancing do you remember? Culture (the term today) seems to be used as just be a way to brag about dead people, while putting down others who don't have as many or the right dead people.

Last edited:

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@standardplayer I agree with all of those except the first one. But, that's ok. Different people have different opinions, and we can learn a lot from eachother, even gain new insight by listening to others

I suppose these days that is an unpopular opinion :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Bacon is horrible
  • The best pizza topping is pineapple
  • Unless you drive a BMW, you don't know how to drive and you're going too slow and just get out the bloody way (might be popular depending on the population of BMW drivers here XD )
  • Spiders and tarantulas are adorable
  • Nutella is DISGUSTING

Mystic_Enigma

I'm Your Ham!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-If you have to acquire a taste for something, it doesn't taste good, and you're silly for continually consuming it (most things will seem to taste 'less disgusting' if you continually consume them)

-Way too many young modern day 'chefs' are wayyy too arrogant, and ruin eating by adding their need for emotional validation, and spend way too much time on visual presentation, when no matter what you do it's gonna wind up brown and as a log.

-Eating other foods or visiting other countries doesn't make you refined, worldly or cultured. It just means you've eaten other foods, and were a tourist in another country.

-Telling other people they are less cultured or worldly bc they haven't been where you've been or eaten what you've eaten proves that you are uncultured. If you have to think about it........

-'Culture' as a whole usually refers to 'how long have people who look like you and talk like you been living here, and how much old clothing and old dancing do you remember? Culture (the term today) seems to be used as just be a way to brag about dead people, while putting down others who don't have as many or the right dead people.
This is agreeable on many levels!

Mystic_Enigma

I'm Your Ham!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's one for ya: I don't like how people keep wanting to get their favorite characters in Smash Bros.

Wishing to have them there is one thing, but PLEASE, stop pressuring the developers to include your characters just because you think it would be cool. We don't need more Ridleys ruining everything!

CraneSoft

Filthy Degenerate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The Fate franchise is a plague that should not exist, along with the rest of the industry that tried to follow their footsteps.

Secondly, virtual youtubers are hot garbage that does not produce any meaningful content whatsoever.

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Moe sucks. (Not as in the Simpsons character, but the style known as such)

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oreos are nasty and anyone that likes it as an ice cream flavor are not only an overbearing psychopath but need to realize that you call it by the brand name, not the contents.

It's Oreo ice cream, not Cookies and Cream.
You wouldn't call Snickers ice cream "Caramel Chocolate Bar with Peanuts Ice Cream" would you?

brought to you by your local Baskin-Robbins Employee

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My fav unpopular opinion:
Graphics are a central part of video games, and are perhaps the biggest defining factor that sets a 'video' game apart from any other kind of game. Saying they aren't important doesn't make you sound woke, it makes you sound like a poseur. (Like saying the Joker is the best comic book villain, but never thinking or saying that before Dark Knight/Ledger's death)

EDIT: To paint it in another light, imagine saying the board in board games isn't important XD

CraneSoft

Filthy Degenerate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Graphics are a central part of video games, and are perhaps the biggest defining factor that sets a 'video' game apart from any other kind of game.
I find it funny that this is an "unpopular" opinion at all, considering how easily humans judge based on cover, and people actually be like "hey look at this ugly mess it's better than that beautifully polished game with actual art/graphics direction". :rswt

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@CraneSoft well you know, we all gotta seem refined, woke, deep, you gotta seem at least one of those or better XD

I dunno, for me, i remember a lot of 'pop culture conscious shifts' like this, we as a race can bs ourselves, even en masse, and kind of just....act like we arent full of it. To the point where we forget.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is mine for you all :

People suck and are not the morally perfect know-it-alls that have all the power and knowledge in the world and they are usually wrong about pretty much everything.

Here is another :

Normal people (read those ppl that follow the norm and status quo) have never and will never change the world in any meaningful way.

Ofcourse as always im wrong anyway so... Yeah xD

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@standardplayer When I say graphics don't matter, what I really mean is a game's graphics don't need to be super pretty, hyper realistic 3D. There's a difference between graphics and art direction, and I think people, including myself, just use art and graphics interchangeably.

There's a fair few games I can't stand because the art puts me off; the vast majority of indie games that use those ugly, blocky, poorly defined sprites, for example. So, I fully agree with you that art matters. If I can't stand the sight of your game, I won't enjoy it. Art is a huge part of a game for me.

Last edited:

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@The Stranger maybe its just the way you're wording it, but did you somehow think i was referencing you with this post? I don't remember having any discussion like this specifically with you.

The people im referring to are the people that say graphics dont matter, that its all about the story, or the gameplay, or some other iteration of 'graphics dont matter'.
(As if saying graphics DO matter is saying gameplay or story doesn't). The ones who wouldnt ever have that opinion if there was no one around to hear them say it

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@standardplayer No. I just wanted to talk about the topic of graphics not mattering. lol.

I fully agree with you about graphics\art mattering. Looks matter regardless of how much we pretend they don't. :p

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lol sorry if I sounded stiff or anything, ive said before i am remarkably unintelligent, sometimes when i read things i have to ask my wife to make sure its saying what i think it is.
Needless to say, she was asleep for this one so i couldnt ask lol.

I think its a very unpopular opinion here. It was *discussed* recently here, but i see a lot of fear and worry in the responses when it comes up. It doesn't manifest that way, but I do believe it comes from those baser instincts

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes games that are new..... Are worse

I really hate persona 5. Persona 2 is my favorite and persona 3 is okay. Persona 4 I don't like that much but I hate cannot STAND persona 5.

I feel the same way about PSO. I LOVE the og pso games but PSO2.... I'm not a fan

No hard feelings if u like these games btw, I have a lot of friends who do. I'm just hella salty about them

I just kinda feel like a lot of newer games are trying too hard to pander to the kind of people I don't like.

trouble time

Victorious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sometimes games that are new..... Are worse

I really hate persona 5. Persona 2 is my favorite and persona 3 is okay. Persona 4 I don't like that much but I hate cannot STAND persona 5.

I feel the same way about PSO. I LOVE the og pso games but PSO2.... I'm not a fan

No hard feelings if u like these games btw, I have a lot of friends who do. I'm just hella salty about them

I just kinda feel like a lot of newer games are trying too hard to pander to the kind of people I don't like.
What kinda people is that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking ---

F.Mage: Hey,guys. i made dinner for you!
M.Fighter & Hero: (Shock) Dinner???
(F.Mage Put The Failed And Burnt Dishes Surrounded With Creepy Aura)
Hero: What the...???
F.Mage: It's Curry Rice,Fried Egg And Cakes. I hope you guys like my Dishes.
M.Fighter: Are you kidding me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxdestructo