That one Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes games that are new..... Are worse

I really hate persona 5. Persona 2 is my favorite and persona 3 is okay. Persona 4 I don't like that much but I hate cannot STAND persona 5.

I feel the same way about PSO. I LOVE the og pso games but PSO2.... I'm not a fan

No hard feelings if u like these games btw, I have a lot of friends who do. I'm just hella salty about them

I just kinda feel like a lot of newer games are trying too hard to pander to the kind of people I don't like.
I'd say give P5 a chance if you didn't play it. The remake (P5R) fixed a lot of things that I considered bad but it still has it's flaws. (The writing 60% of the game omg) then again, I do like the SMT Games and Persona 4 better than 5. But everyone has an opinion.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Persona 4 Golden is imo the best game in the SMT franchise. Fight me. :B

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Persona 4 Golden is imo the best game in the SMT franchise. Fight me. :B
Devil survivor is.
SMT IF is.
Strange Journey is.
Even DEMIKIDS is...
Well, practically speaking all non-Persona SMT games are better.
And that's my unpopular opinion.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Strange Journey was boring and repetitive. Devil Survivor is really good though, I'll give you that.

Demikids is an alright game.

My problem with most of the SMT series is that it is SUPER repetitive and SUPER grindy.

Persona 3-5 also can be grindy, but at least they break it up and it isn't just endless dungeoning.

Nocturne was the king of this, with boring repetitive random encounters EVEN IN CITIES. I couldn't even walk from the shop to the save spot without dealing with 3 more encounters.

They tend to be good games with good ideas bogged down by doing the same thing 8 thousand times in a row.

There is a reason I think the best thing the franchise has ever produced is Persona 4 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions: because they aren't slogs.

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd say give P5 a chance if you didn't play it. The remake (P5R) fixed a lot of things that I considered bad but it still has it's flaws. (The writing 60% of the game omg) then again, I do like the SMT Games and Persona 4 better than 5. But everyone has an opinion.
i played at least 20-30 hours of it before i gave up. one of my friends said that it gets better later, but imo it shouldnt take 30+ hours of a game for me to start enjoying it. i have heard P5R is better too but idk if i really wanna spend the time or money on it. maybe someday

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange Journey was boring and repetitive.
If you don't like crazy first person dungeon, you're right. SJ got an enervating, complex, multileveled, quite blind, back-and-forth serie of maps that can turn you crazy.
But if you like this kind of challenge, is good indeed. It was very rewarding to complete it.

I didn't mentioned Last Bible games for the same issue you quoted: crazy encounter rate (and unbalanced progression).

But I never quitted any SMT game, if not Persona ones. And for a reason: they are incredibly easier than every other SMT game.
They are easy as a dating sim, and are easy as a rogue game.
I'm a little grown up to be gratified by plain rewards.
And that's another unpopular opinion, I suppose.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not all unpopular opinions are negative.

For example, mine.
MIDIs are great "music files" because how it sounds changed based on what kind of synthesizer you use to play, and apparently, not many people are fond of this. To this day, I still have MIDI files in my playlist. If I'm bored with the synthesizer I use to play the MIDI, I changed it to something else just to give it a different feel when listening to it.

You can't do that to audio files. The best thing you could do is probably just change the mixer, but that's it :)

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is literally something called a 3 bean salad. Lots of people put cold black beans in their salad. lmao

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is literally something called a 3 bean salad. Lots of people put cold black beans in their salad. lmao
Oh... is it any good? I've never had beans on my salad. Doesn't sound appealing, no offense.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't eat salad often, my wife does. She seems to like 3 bean salad, but she likes most salads

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fluffymonster You can have almost anything in a salad. I've seen salads that include strawberries.

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't eat salad often, my wife does. She seems to like 3 bean salad, but she likes most salads
I used to eat salad a lot when I was younger, but I never had the more adventurous salads. It was mostly just lettuce, dressing and sunflower seeds. :kaoswt2:

@The Stranger Do you mean outside a fruitsalad? I bet that's taste good. :kaophew:I've always been partial to fruit, though.

CraneSoft

Filthy Degenerate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any dubs of Japanese media get on my nerves like no other, and a lot of people prefers dubbed voices.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fluffymonster Yeah, outside fruit salads. I've also seen a salad, which contained some chicken, with a strawberry dressing. TBH, I'd be tempted to try that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Dumped ---

Hero: Please go out with me!
F.Healer: (Silent In 10 Seconds) I refuse.
Hero: ???
F.Healer: I don't want my friendship with F.Mage is ruined because i'm in your side. so...i'm sorry. (Running)
Hero: (Glass Break SFX)
I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.
1 million messages is approaching. Some say the true identity of the legendary Maker is gonna be revealed. I mean come on, the legendary Maker is just a myth.....
Yes it took me this long to make a basic cape. :p Here is a shady necromancer elf to model it.

I dub him Nyxiel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zamazawarma