fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fluffymonster Yeah, outside fruit salads. I've also seen a salad, which contained some chicken, with a strawberry dressing. TBH, I'd be tempted to try that.
mMMM, I don't like meat all that much. Makes my tummy hurt. Not sure how I'd feel about strawberry dressing. If you ever have it, lemme know how you like it~ :kaoluv:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I mean, I have had citrus vinaigrette that had berries in it, like pomegranate, so I don't think it is that odd.

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, I have had citrus vinaigrette that had berries in it, like pomegranate, so I don't think it is that odd.
I just don't have a lot of different types of foods, I guess. How did citrus vinaigrette taste?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Citrus vinaigrette is my favorite salad dressing anyway. It is similar to using oil and vinegar on a salad but it has more of a tart taste to it. My favorite that I've had was a jalapeno citrus vinaigrette.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well here is a creepy one.
There is a tradition in Greece to eat lamb when it is Easter, after a well known Christian celebration.
So, back in the days, they were cooking (or frying) lungs, liver, spleen etc etc. Today they still got "kokoretsi" as a delicacy. Fifth minute on the video for more info.

Today they do not include spleen, because of a European order. But back in my days as a child, spleen was a bloody delicacy pun intended.
The way I was eating it, was the rare one (pun intended too).
I enjoyed all my relative faces cringe in disgust, while I was eating it rare. Fried from both sides on a pan with olive oil, for seconds. Eating it with its blood, was really delicious in my opinion. The ONLY one person that said the same thing was my father. Nobody else liked that. I don't blame them. I still miss this food though.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly, sounds good @_Shadow_ . I love trying new foods.
It actually is. I mean the rare spleen,it is delicious, but you can't eat it these days. I mean because of the chemical food that is given to the animals, or the fertilizing of places they eat grass, spleen is prohibited to be consumed in E.U. and they got a valid point. I miss those pure years when I could mess with my whole family, looking gross as vampire though. Everyone was going EWWWW bud it was just an idea. In reality it was really delicious. You will surely enjoy kokoretsi though, with or without lamb spleen.

Edit:

I also loved Koshari, while other tourists snob-ed it.

Last edited:

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*Disclaimer* This is gonna be a prettttty unpopular one.
*Second Disclaimer* I don't think this is an across the board rule, or something. I think there's lots of exceptions.

Never getting physically hit (unless you have certain physical or mental conditions that really do mean you shouldn't ever get hit) at least once in your life is probably bad for you, and I legitimately believe it prevents you from being a much better person.

While I can't prove someone's ever been in a fight, and someone can always lie either way, it's pretty obvious to those of us with physical histories if you've never been hit.
It's very obvious in person, but it's even obvious a lot of times online.

People that have never been hit often have less respect for other people, are more willing to be domineering, and are often much more willing to act entitled. I've notice they are way more confrontational.
They tend to act 'invincible', not the best word, but for those of you that have been decked at least once, and are aware that you aren't King or Queen of the jungle, you'll know exactly what I mean.

There is a direct correlation made, even at a young age, in a person's mind between punishment and what is ok. If they aren't punished, they have no reason to stop doing the thing they're doing. And if the punishment doesn't matter to them, it's not gonna change anything.

Even people that have never been punched know instinctively that they don't want it to happen. It's different when they actually believe it's never gonna happen, though. It changes what they're willing to do and say, and it's pretty much never for the better.

*Final Disclaimer* Many people are just fine the way they are, whether they ever been hit or not. But wayyyy too many would be better people if they actually had a real consequence, that they couldn't pretend didn't bother them, or that they couldn't try to spin some way on a social level to their benefit. People can even make going to jail seem cool, and get mad credit for it. No one gets credit for getting punched in the face. They'll almost always just change their behavior to make sure it doesn't happen again.

To be totally clear, I'm talking about getting punched, probably on or around the nose or mouth, but also a stomach punch that will take the wind out of you for a few moments. I'm not suggesting people go Mortal Kombat on each other

spec3

blep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe not overly unpopular, but here is one of mine:

Despite being a marketing hell, princig pricing hell and hell for game companies, Sega Saturn was a great console.

Last edited:

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Second Disclaimer* I don't think this is an across the board rule, or something. I think there's lots of exceptions.

Never getting physically hit (unless you have certain physical or mental conditions that really do mean you shouldn't ever get hit) at least once in your life is probably bad for you, and I legitimately believe it prevents you from being a much better person.

While I can't prove someone's ever been in a fight, and someone can always lie either way, it's pretty obvious to those of us with physical histories if you've never been hit.

People that have never been hit often have less respect for other people, are more willing to be domineering, and are often much more willing to act entitled. I've notice they are way more confrontational.
They tend to act 'invincible', not the best word, but for those of you that have been decked at least once, and are aware that you aren't King or Queen of the jungle, you'll know exactly what I mean.

There is a direct correlation made, even at a young age, in a person's mind between punishment and what is ok. If they aren't punished, they have no reason to stop doing the thing they're doing. And if the punishment doesn't matter to them, it's not gonna change anything.

Even people that have never been punched know instinctively that they don't want it to happen. It's different when they actually believe it's never gonna happen, though. It changes what they're willing to do and say, and it's pretty much never for the better.

*Final Disclaimer* Many people are just fine the way they are, whether they ever been hit or not. But wayyyy too many would be better people if they actually had a real consequence, that they couldn't pretend didn't bother them, or that they couldn't try to spin some way on a social level to their benefit. People can even make going to jail seem cool, and get mad credit for it. No one gets credit for getting punched in the face. They'll almost always just change their behavior to make sure it doesn't happen again.

To be totally clear, I'm talking about getting punched, probably on or around the nose or mouth, but also a stomach punch that will take the wind out of you for a few moments. I'm not suggesting people go Mortal Kombat on each other
I’ve never seen or heard of someone that never been hit at least once in their life before. Must be a very sheltered life if that’s case.

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I would argue that it's uncommon for women to get into physical fights and you can still derive meaning and value without having to get physical. There's also different ways to punish people and most of the time people's take away from a physical punishment is that punching hurts and not 'I did something wrong.' Abuse tends to be a cycle and those abused can pick up abusing others.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's also different ways to punish people and most of the time people's take away from a physical punishment is that punching hurts and not 'I did something wrong.'
There are, but unfortunately their effectiveness is mostly philosophical, and often only in the eye of the punisher. And no, people often have very little problem making the association between what they did and why they were hit. Granted, sometimes the person hitting them is just flat out in the wrong. Outside of that however, I strongly disagree with this statement.

' Abuse tends to be a cycle and those abused can pick up abusing others.
Without getting personal, I've never been fulling comfortable telling people about my experience with abuse. Let's just say there's a solid chance I could make your toes curl if I told you even 10% of the abuse I've been through, and I don't abuse my wife, and never got physical with my friends. I wonder if you're understanding what they mean when they say 'abuse is a cycle'? You know they're talking about a self contained cycle in a self contained relationship? You should look that up.

I would argue that it's uncommon for women to get into physical fights
Hahaaaaa let's just say that my primary abuser was always a woman, and to this day her entire family is afraid of her. Because no one has ever hit her back. She's far too stupid to understand anything else

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahaaaaa let's just say that my primary abuser was always a woman, and to this day her entire family is afraid of her. Because no one has ever hit her back. She's far too stupid to understand anything else
When I said that, I wasn't really referring to abuse, but fighting for sport. It's a little more common these days for women to take part in sport. It just isn't the first thing that comes to mind.
Without getting personal, I've never been fulling comfortable telling people about my experience with abuse. Let's just say there's a solid chance I could make your toes curl if I told you even 10% of the abuse I've been through, and I don't abuse my wife, and never got physical with my friends. I wonder if you're understanding what they mean when they say 'abuse is a cycle'? You know they're talking about a self contained cycle in a self contained relationship? You should look that up.
Yes, but abuse doesn't come from no where. Often a person who is hurt will hurt other people. There's a reason why 'hurt people hurt people' is a saying. People can break away from that with therapy and determination to be different, but I don't think people hurt others without first being hurt themselves.
And no, people often have very little problem making the association between what they did and why they were hit.
There are many articles that say physical punishment isn't actually good and can be detrimental. Here are a couple:
Do not spank your children
Here's what spanking does to kids
I was spanked as a kid. I couldn't tell you a thing I was spanked for. Even then, I had no idea why she was hitting me or why she was angry. I just knew she was mad and was spanking me. I learned more from someone sharing their reasoning and their morals with me than I ever did from someone hitting me.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Leauge of ledgends may say they have a bunch of unique champions, but other than their ultimates, Lux and Morgana are basicly the same champion (A skill that fires in a line and holds targets, an AOE skill, and a shield skill)

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@standardplayer I have zero respect for others because of the physical and mental abuse I've received throughout my life. I'd go so far as to say that being hurt by others has made it impossible for me to ever fully trust people, and it has made me hate myself completely. Being hurt by others didn't do anything positive for me. It did, however, make me feel ashamed, weak, and alone. It didn't make me value others, nor wish no harm upon them - it did the exact opposite, and I became extremely controlling, domineering, and cruel whenever I held power over someone or something else. It made me live with an insanely negative perception of others. I didn't fear others, I hated everyone because of how I was treated.

I guess you can say it's a positive experience if you had a positive outcome (you grew in a positive way), but not if the lessons learnt were negative, and gave you a distorted and twisted view of the world.

Yeah, you could say that me being beaten by my father for stepping out of line made me respect my place in the family, but it also meant I imposed that lesson upon others. You do what I tell you, or else. It meant that I took being bullied as a sign of being wrong, and when no one helped it just reinforced that belief. It meant that promises could never be broken with me without consequence, and my idea of what a good relationship was (intimate or otherwise) was one of rigid order; unchanging and inflexible. Violence, manipulation, and coercion were okay because it corrected others and made them behave the right way. It's not a good outlook to have, in my opinion.

However, try as I might, I can't seem to change these hardwired beliefs and morals of mine. So, I try to mask them as much as possible, knowing that who I am, what I am, is not acceptable within society. All of the relationships I've ever been in have ended badly, and you can guess why. Of course, then there's the other things, the psychiatric disorders (BPD in my case), which tend to develop because of our experiences when we're very young.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still, a lot to be done. But already did a lot of things for the MZ version! And it is already working ^^
I just returned to school one week ago, AND THE TEACHERS HAVE ALREADY GAVE US 28 ASSIGNMENTS, PROJECTS AND TESTS!
Online school sure is draining :'/
a romanticized war
Still working on a few pixel projects- first, working on a fan tileset that I plan to drop soon. Second, returned to my Meat Market icons today and knocked out an additional eight. Up to 41 icons for meat products. Have another 14 icons planned before I run out of ideas.
Fixed a memory leak that I left myself a month ago. Feelsgoodman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s69-5