(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Opining:
The last four Star Wars movies are crap.
Modern (post 2005) anime is crap.
"Inclusivity" is not a real word.
Most modern speech contain few real words.
Most people cannot define real words.
Most people cannot think, let alone for themselves.

And my #1 all-time unpopular opinion: God is real, he lives in space, and he is coming soon.

(It's actually the anime one that gets me strange looks, btw!)

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People like being told what to do because they dont want to actually think and review everything its more comfortable to let someone else do the work and complain if it doesnt go well.
I really like the points you've raised. This one I believe is due to the fact that making decisions requires more brainpower than we think, especially if those decisions are important. The more decisions we have to make in a day, the more exhausted we become.

People like to act as if the world is at fault before assuming blame themselves because their egos are too fragile to actually do the work of growing as a person.
This is also scarily true and psychology pretty much confirms it. When our ego is faced with an information that contradicts it, it starts to treat that information as a personal attack against itself and will try any method to discredit or shutdown that information. It's kind of a survival mechanism.
Sometimes we just have to stop and reflect on our attitude and worldview with a sense of humbleness. This is especially true if you start to experience hatred towards a certain group of people. Hatred towards a certain gender is quite popular for this reason. Women-hating men and men-hating women who have trouble with relationships don't understand that the problem is not in the entire 50% of the world's population they so despise but in them and their attitude. If we don't change our attitude, we'll keep making the same mistakes, and that means our dating history will keep on repeating itself.

Some people believe theyre leaders even though they do no leading of anyone which is nonsense like believing youre a basketball player without playing basketball.
Yep yep. Comes with poor self-reflection, so instead people attribute to themselves the qualities of what they WANT to be rather than what they actually are. I'd say this often occurs also with people thinking they're creative and have a good imagination, when in fact the number of truly creative people ranks in the minority. Or, well, more precisely, it's a spectrum really. But way more than 50% of people are going to be below average in creativity.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really like the points you've raised. This one I believe is due to the fact that making decisions requires more brainpower than we think, especially if those decisions are important. The more decisions we have to make in a day, the more exhausted we become.

This is also scarily true and psychology pretty much confirms it. When our ego is faced with an information that contradicts it, it starts to treat that information as a personal attack against itself and will try any method to discredit or shutdown that information. It's kind of a survival mechanism.
Sometimes we just have to stop and reflect on our attitude and worldview with a sense of humbleness. This is especially true if you start to experience hatred towards a certain group of people. Hatred towards a certain gender is quite popular for this reason. Women-hating men and men-hating women who have trouble with relationships don't understand that the problem is not in the entire 50% of the world's population they so despise but in them and their attitude. If we don't change our attitude, we'll keep making the same mistakes, and that means our dating history will keep on repeating itself.

Yep yep. Comes with poor self-reflection, so instead people attribute to themselves the qualities of what they WANT to be rather than what they actually are. I'd say this often occurs also with people thinking they're creative and have a good imagination, when in fact the number of truly creative people ranks in the minority. Or, well, more precisely, it's a spectrum really. But way more than 50% of people are going to be below average in creativity.
Yeah, the lonely truth is most people prefer lies.

D.ray

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Mac and cheese is gross.
Milk is gross.
Aged cheese is gross.

But fresh cheese...you're alright.

Sword art online isn't as bad as people complain it is. There are much worse animes.
Modern anime itself isn't as bad it people say it is either.
K-pop isn't that special. It's just western mainstream pop but in Korean.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
- People listen to music they can relate to, or they listen to it for escapism. I listen to it just so I can tell myself to suck it up.
- RMVXA is better than RMMV in a lot of ways.
- I strongly dislike orange juice.
- Infinity War was overhyped.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
- I think, being dumb just means you're open to learning more.
- Forcing a talent on yourself isn't the way to go
- Being fat just means you have the same amount of body fat as how big your heart is
- Toxic people don't necessarily have to be mean, sometimes if they're just kinda self-centred or basically never support you in anything shows signs that they ain't your friend

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that depends on the reason someone is dumb.
Ignorance, low intelligence, and close-mindedness are all different things.

Ignorance - knowing very little and having little experience, but can still be good at reasoning and open to learning things
Low intelligence (low IQ) - unable to reason as effectively as others, but can still learn a lot of information by reading or from life experience, though is prone to making incorrect judgements from said experiences.
Close-mindedness - could be smart and knowledgeable in certain fields but is not open to learning new things or accepting new ideas.

To me personally, close-mindedness is the worst, because it signifies lack of willingness to grow and improve. Ignorance can be fixed through learning, and low intelligence is often more of a genetic thing that isn't up to the person, but they can still achieve wisdom if they try hard enough. Close-mindedness though is literally the antithesis of wisdom in every sense.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don´t like Rick and Morty. The fanbase is terrible (vocal minority, but still), the worldview of the show is extremely hypocritical. The main point is that there are an endless number of universes with multiple versions of you except most of them is different enough to be a completely different character (plus the main characters are still unique on account of being "the rickiest Rick and mortiest Morty" whatever that means). The show can´t decide if Rick is supposed to be a flawed tragic character or an nihilistic ubermench played completely straight. I don´t even care that much about superhero-movies, but that one episode making fun of them was just abyssmaly petty.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
- Forcing a talent on yourself isn't the way to go
- Being fat just means you have the same amount of body fat as how big your heart is
- Toxic people don't necessarily have to be mean, sometimes if they're just kinda self-centred or basically never support you in anything shows signs that they ain't your friend
Being dumb means youre dumb.

Playing dumb or apearing dumb through humility, candor or as a means to learn is different. Nobody teaches the "expert" but play the fool even partially and people are more apt to explain things assuming you have the patience to listen to their specific interpretation of something you likely already understand. Maintain a degree of competency though or people wont have any respect for you. You arent lesser youre just human like the rest of us as your weakness of humility shows.

I don´t like Rick and Morty. The fanbase is terrible (vocal minority, but still), the worldview of the show is extremely hypocritical. The main point is that there are an endless number of universes with multiple versions of you except most of them is different enough to be a completely different character (plus the main characters are still unique on account of being "the rickiest Rick and mortiest Morty" whatever that means). The show can´t decide if Rick is supposed to be a flawed tragic character or an nihilistic ubermench played completely straight. I don´t even care that much about superhero-movies, but that one episode making fun of them was just abyssmaly petty.
The point of the show like any other is to sell. Nonsense or not if people enjoy it then its working as intended.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have to disagree with the above about the point of culture. The point of culture, whether it is high culture (ballet, opera, symphonies, paintings and architecture) or just regular culture (books, television, poetry, etc etc) is to enhance the pre-existing and refine the spearpoint of a common Volk which drives endlessly into the future.
The international clique might have perverted the means by which the spirit of a Race speaks through these endeavors but that, by no means, alters the endeavor itself. Just because *some* very echo-y people are obsessed with graft and capital and will commit intellectual fratricide just to scam a nickle out of the lowest common denominator doesn't mean that THIS is the intended function of creating culture in any capacity.

^But this is an incredibly unpopular opinion in and of itself.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like popular music.

So many people take issue with me liking the current most pop song available.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate tomatoes.

I like ketchup, salsa, tomato sauce, etc., but I hate sliced, diced, or whole tomatoes.

vap0re0n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- Mass Effect's 3 ending could have been worse.
- Would be cooler to see a Final Fantasy VI remake > VII.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The point of the show like any other is to sell. Nonsense or not if people enjoy it then its working as intended.
Sure, but I think that is oversimplifying things a bit. The writers/creators behind the show will, consiously or not, project their worldview and "soul" into the series even if as I argue it is inherently flawed. I guess that I would not mind if Rick and Morty was just treated by people as any other kind of adult animation. Instead it has turned into this huge "thing" that people have talked themselves into having some sort of philosophical value.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought this was about unpopular opinions? *runs away*
To be quite honest, RPG Maker 2000 has a lot of features and abilities that are far superior to even RPG Maker VX onwards. Features I actually miss and wish I could use. Features we are now having to script to even get back.

:D The mother of unpopular opinions: RPG Maker 2000, despite being so old with such old graphics... Is worlds better in a lot of ways than some of the more recent makers in terms of features.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sure, but I think that is oversimplifying things a bit. The writers/creators behind the show will, consiously or not, project their worldview and "soul" into the series even if as I argue it is inherently flawed. I guess that I would not mind if Rick and Morty was just treated by people as any other kind of adult animation. Instead it has turned into this huge "thing" that people have talked themselves into having some sort of philosophical value.
Going deeper with your reasoning isnt always the answer and I like analyzing things. Some people take the show for more than its really worth but that doesnt change the fact its just an entertainment product.

I have to disagree with the above about the point of culture. The point of culture, whether it is high culture (ballet, opera, symphonies, paintings and architecture) or just regular culture (books, television, poetry, etc etc) is to enhance the pre-existing and refine the spearpoint of a common Volk which drives endlessly into the future.
The international clique might have perverted the means by which the spirit of a Race speaks through these endeavors but that, by no means, alters the endeavor itself. Just because *some* very echo-y people are obsessed with graft and capital and will commit intellectual fratricide just to scam a nickle out of the lowest common denominator doesn't mean that THIS is the intended function of creating culture in any capacity.

^But this is an incredibly unpopular opinion in and of itself.
Is it? Im not even sure what youre saying. Looks as if you over decorated your argument. What are you responding to and can you use plain words to explain it?

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Going deeper with your reasoning isnt always the answer and I like analyzing things. Some people take the show for more than its really worth but that doesnt change the fact its just an entertainment product.

Is it? Im not even sure what youre saying. Looks as if you over decorated your argument. What are you responding to and can you use plain words to explain it?
Your assertion was that television is created specifically to make money. I disagreed on the premise that culture is not created for the purposes of making money but to advance the cultural state of a society, and just because some (particular demographic of people) have perverted the west into believing the merit of a thing is measured solely by its ability to generate said profit doesn't make that mindset correct.

Swan Lake, The Magic Flute, Wagner's Lohengrin, Pagliacci. All were created for reasons other than money but rather to elevate the status of the mind and soul of a society.
The Scottish sword dance, the Moldovan Hora, the German Rheinlander, these are the highest examples of culture which exist solely as to translate the inner voice of a Volk, Folk, or Race into the real world. Not for money. Only a Volk, Folk, or Race with the most perverse sense of morality would ever produce something cultural to sell copies of it.

Moreover, I should say, that any such example of culture for profit should be condemned, desecrated, stacked in a pile and burned. If its existence adds nothing to a society than its physical being only takes up space. If Rick and Morty's merit is based solely on its ability to sell and make money, then the tapes should be burned and its creator should be put in font of a wall and done away with.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
T.v. sucks, So does game of thrones or whatever people are downloading Netflix for. Or whatever.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unpopular Opinion: The kind of people who use an unpopular opinion thread to try to make a point about how most people are dumb, or are sheep, or any other insulting commentary on the human condition, always think that they are somehow exempt from their own condemnation, even though they are just as bad as anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fedon