bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sauteed_Onion : Is that why I always seem to end up watching shows on Netflix that are about as old as I am?

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Meow, I really don't do Netflix. Never got into TWD, Game of Thrones, or the 6 Million Dollar man for that matter.
I liked Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles though. I just know people that watch Netflix are usually into stuff I can't stand, country, Katy Perry, rap, etc, so I gravitate away from all that.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
*wrong thread*

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Come on, my man. I don't have to name names when it is obvious who I'm talking about.

I just think that the whole idea of "everyone is flawed and I'm the sole person who sees the truth" is an incredibly immature mindset.

It's nihilistic drivel that people use to justify their own inadequacies.

EDIT: Just so this still makes sense in context, this was a response to Lothloran's comment quoting my last post in this thread. He then edited his post to say wrong thread.

Last edited:

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Come on, my man. I don't have to name names when it is obvious who I'm talking about.

I just think that the whole idea of "everyone is flawed and I'm the sole person who sees the truth" is an incredibly immature mindset.

It's nihilistic drivel that people use to justify their own inadequacies.

EDIT: Just so this still makes sense in context, this was a response to Lothloran's comment quoting my last post in this thread. He then edited his post to say wrong thread.
Because I thought better of it, unlike you. And yes, it's quite obvious that you're referring to me, ergo disregarding me taking the high road in an attempt to discontinue this, you're too stubborn and think far too highly of yourself.

What part of what I said was nihilistic in any capacity? Every post I made was a condemnation of the moral apathy and meaninglessness which has pervaded the West, or to wit, I've condemned the endemic pervasive nihilism of western civilization.

Next time, just say "You" instead of pretending to stand on principle. If you have something to say to someone, say it. It's far better than hiding behind whatever you want to call what you're doing. False humility?

As for your original claim, that I'm just as susceptible to criticism, apart from this nonsensical BS about my obviously flawed personality, I'd like to see you point out the error of principle in anything which I have actually said.
Pro-tip. You can't. Otherwise you would have rather than make some passive aggressive, limp wristed pass at my personality.

"come on my man, I don't have to name names"

Because you're a coward.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hilariously, I wasn't even addressing you.

(Though as an aside, a lot of famous culture throughout history was made for financial reasons. The Renaissance was rife with art made for money that somehow we have created the fiction that they were somehow done for other reasons.)

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And now you see the dangers of being a coward. Or perhaps this is what you see as the virtue of cowardice. Because lets say you're right, and you weren't addressing me. Now everyone feels self-conscious that you might be calling them an immature nihilist, I'm just abrasive enough and just averse enough to authority to express my discontent to someone with a shiny "Staff Member" badge. I'm guessing most people here aren't type A personalities willing to do that, so they'll feel bad and worry you might be talking about them

Or
You're lying, and this was about me, but the reason you chose not to use names was because if I, or "whoever" you were referring to called you out for your BS you'd have an easy out, "No I wasn't even addressing you"

Next time, if you have a criticism of someone, have a spine and use their name, the alternative is a net negative. Either everyone feels like **** and you get to walk away guiltless, or one person feels like **** and at least you had the guts to use their name.

*edit*

But that's all just my unpopular opinion.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why exactly are you so angry?

I'm razzing some people for thinking they are somehow superior to others. I didn't name names because I was making a joke of it. I didn't have your posts in mind when I posted it, but if the shoe fits, and apparently you think it does, then who am I to argue with you?

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why exactly are you so angry?

I'm razzing some people for thinking they are somehow superior than others. I didn't name names because I was making a joke of it. I didn't have your posts in mind when I posted it, but if the shoe fits, and apparently you think it does, then who am I to argue with you?
Because I don't like people in positions of authority who make the conscious choice to do what you did. I like passive aggressiveness even less.
(Though as an aside, a lot of famous culture throughout history was made for financial reasons. The Renaissance was rife with art made for money that somehow we have created the fiction that they were somehow done for other reasons.)
I like this even less than the rest.
So you're somehow asserting that the game hasn't changed, but the players have? That society has gotten worse and that's why people don't spend nearly as much money on prints of classical art, but they're willing to spend tens of thousands or even millions of literally white canvases?

Somehow we went from monks painting beautiful and realistic reliefs of biblical and historic scenes to some degenerate Russian sculpting a pissing police woman because that's just what sells. Yeah, right. And you want to talk about nihilistic posters.

Bach made the equivalent of minimum wage by today's standards. A salary of about 27,000/year.
Beethoven beat Bach by a bit, but he was by no means wealthy. A modern day equivalent of about 95,000-100,000 per year, but this is less about his craft and more about the fact that he managed to shag his way through the aristocracy and followed his dick which landed him a very lucrative position teaching some daughter of some aristocrat because he wanted to bang her.
Tchaikovsky made 50 rubles a month during his tenure at Moscow's conservatory equivalent to a salary of about 6,000 dollars a year by today's standards.

Do you want to tell me how many of these artists were getting fabulously wealthy in the Renaissance or classical periods

Last edited:

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Netfix still does terrible things to good cats.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You think being the head admin of the forum bars me from posting my opinions on the forum?

I am a member here just like anyone else. You'll notice that I haven't pulled out the bluetext. I haven't even gotten angry about this. I made a joke because I think sometimes people take themselves entirely too seriously and sell humanity short in order to puff up their own egos. It wasn't about calling anyone out, it was about getting people to think about the fact that as flawed as people are, no one is really different. I have flaws. You have flaws. Every one of us has flaws.

If you find yourself having problems with nearly every person you meet, it is generally time to start realizing that the commonality of all those interactions is you.

You also seem to mistake "not wanting to jump on someone in the thread just to make an example out of them" for passive aggressiveness. I just saw little reason to call anyone out because it isn't about them, it is about the attitude of superiority.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You think being the head admin of the forum bars me from posting my opinions on the forum?

I am a member here just like anyone else. You'll notice that I haven't pulled out the bluetext. I haven't even gotten angry about this. I made a joke because I think sometimes people take themselves entirely too seriously and sell humanity short in order to puff up their own egos. It wasn't about calling anyone out, it was about getting people to think about the fact that as flawed as people are, no one is really different. I have flaws. You have flaws. Every one of us has flaws.

If you find yourself having problems with nearly every person you meet, it is generally time to start realizing that the commonality of all those interactions is you.

You also seem to mistake "not wanting to jump on someone in the thread just to make an example out of them" for passive aggressiveness. I just saw little reason to call anyone out because it isn't about them, it is about the attitude of superiority.
"If you find yourself having problems with nearly every person you meet, it is generally time to start realizing that the commonality of all those interactions is you."

That's such a cop-out. It's like walking around with "I am not noteworthy or extraordinary at all" tattooed on your forehead. It's like people who say "Absolute power corrupts absolutely", they're weak and recognize their own weakness and project it on to everyone because their egos cannot and will not permit them to assume that anyone else in the world could be better than them at handling power, such is the same.

Just like the Power-Problem, the only person who could empathize with that shades-of-gray, "everyone is a snowflake with their own flaws and strengths" nonsense is a person who has accepted their banality and limitations.

Citali

MUNCHKINS
Reaction score
First Language
Cat
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1.) It's okay being a whale in games. I'll keep rolling till I get either the servant or items I want to collect and max them out.

2.) Nachos are nasty.

3.) I like those small ivory soap bars from hotels.

4.) Orange and blue clash horribly.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Meow, @Citali I pretty much find these opinions nearly factual. Except being a whale would be better if you got to eat fish in said games.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Arisa I created the mood when I created the thread and I'll ruin it if I should like. You'd rather have someone call you an immature nihilist?

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lothloran As it's off topic I'm not gonna argue but really? Dude, don't overreact please, it's a thread, not war.

Lothloran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Arisa You're right, it's not a war. It's principle. It's my own unpopular opinion that someone breaking the 4th wall to passive aggressively call people in this thread (undisclosed people) the lowest kind of nihilist and immature ruins the mood far more than me spanking the person who did it.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright everyone, can we all just get along? You can all apologize to my goblin henchmen that are standing behind you by giving them shiny objects. Gold will do. Lots of gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Botch