"Unspecified Error" when trying to Play-Test

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by firestalker, Jun 26, 2018.

1. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The play test button was working fine yesterday. I haven't done anything to affect it, that I know of, but for some reason it's not playtesting my game. I hit the button and nothing happens. I tried the Index.html file and this appears "Unspecified Error", but no description of what's causing it [yeah, thanks for that].

I can play the game just fine if I distribute it to the output folder. I really really don't want to have to do that every time I need to playtest my game though.

EDIT: Yes, I have the package.json in my root folder. I opened a new project and the same thing happens as well.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please give a screenahot of the error message so that we can see where it comes from.
    additionally, make a copy of the project and try to update it to the newest version - if the projects core is too old it might have problems with the newest editor (1.6.1) that was released a few days ago.

3. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is nothing there.... It literally only says "Unspecified Error" that's it.... nothing. I tried a new project and the same thing happens to that one as well.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But the form of the window with that message will tell us if it's an error message from the browser (which means an internal error in the javascript) or an error message from windows (which means a background program is blocking your gametest).

5. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

there you go... This is the only image I can get you since the playtest button in MV doesn't even do this much.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please remove the spaces from the directory names and try again. This is probably not the cause, but it would create problems later.
    If you got there by playtest, please press F8 and give us a Screenshot of the full error sequence in the console.
    If you got there through a regular Browser launch, please go through the Browser menues into the developers console and then do the Screenshot.