FREE Untitled Project (With some racial/political/religious/dark themes)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by SinfulPride, May 12, 2019.

1. SinfulPride

SinfulPride Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    PROGRAM USED: RPG Maker MV
    GENRE: Fantasy
    In the beginning, when time had no meaning, there was only the Void, a vast emptiness everywhere, dark and eternally expansive, until the Gods descended from Æther and set about creating all life and the world. The Gods each had names, and each one chose what to create, dividing the work evenly: The Goddess of Creation and Life, Marin; the Goddess of Storms and Winds, Xephyl; the Goddess of Water and all Oceans and Seas, Umi'ra; the God of Fire and the Sun, Solaris; the Goddess of Knowledge and Wisdom, Yuvha; the God of Darkness, the Moon, and Night, Venerix; the God of Rebirth and Death, Zadriok; the Goddess of War, Kyumi; the Goddess of Nature and Soil, Tsuchi; the Goddess of Light and Magic, Altim; and the God of Time, Chronus. Together, these few Gods came down from Æther and began work on creating all that has ever was, is, and will be. Some even fell in love, giving birth to countless other Gods who took over parts of their parents' work, assisting in the creation of countless diverse life that worked in harmony. But as is often the case in tales such as these, that harmony came to an end when, one day, one of Zadriok's children, Feris, had wandered off and traveled deep into the Void, falling into what would later be known as "The Abyss". When he arose from it a century later, he was stronger than ever before, and he had been driven mad with power. From the abyss, he had brought with him the forces of chaos, destruction, and evil, personified as new Gods and Goddesses, and proceeded to put together an army to take over all of Creation. Marin, however, discovered Feris' mad scheme and gathered the Gods of Æther to use their power to banish all the Gods of both the Æther and Abyss, preventing them from using their power on earth. Zadriok, who still loved his son, decided to join Feris in the Abyss. Kyumi, angered that she can no longer create wars amongst the mortals, followed Zadriok's footsteps, transforming into the Goddess of Curses and Wars. 300 passed, and without the guidance of the Gods, the mortals have managed to flourish, growing in number and forming countries. Feris, seeing this and yearning to rule them, decided to enact a plan to get Nym, the Abyssal God of Titans, to create a Colossal Titan that they can use to rule over the people on earth. Inevitably, they succeeded too well, as they soon found the Titan was too powerful for them to control, and left unchecked, it ravaged the land on earth. The Gods, unable to help, could only watch as the planet they created was slowly destroyed. This went on for several days until, no longer able to simply stand idly by and watch his home become ruin, the Demon King, ruler of the Country of Chao, decided to enlist the help of the other countries to stop this unexpected menace. However, with one exception, none of the other countries wanted anything to do with the Demon King, for he was, after all, a Demon King. The exception was the wise and pragmatic King of Grandima, who used every ounce of his diplomatic skill to persuade the other countries to help in the fight against the Colossal Titan. Luckily, he was successful, and the kingdoms joined together in a week-long battle against the menace, but to no avail. Desperate, the Demon King turned to the Magi from Valcrus to seal the Titan away, and after using up a majority of their mana, they actually succeeded, sealing the creature away in a statue and saving their world. This should have been a moment of celebration for all, but the pope of Valcrus had other plans, and while the Demon King was vulnerable, the pope ordered his strongest knights to bring down the hero of their world. The Demon King's son, though engulfed with rage and grief, still had enough wits about him to teleport the Statue to Chao to a place of safety. His duty to his people and the planet done, he vowed never to help the other countries again, for they couldn't be trusted. The pope, meanwhile, began a slaughter of the other races in his land, and those who could, ran back to their own countries to rebuild and forftify themsevles against this new, potential enemy. Over a Millennium later, the countries were living in relative peace, building various shrines to worship the gods of Æther and the Abyss.

Enter our Earth in the modern 21st century. Zane Akira is a young man with a background in Japanese fencing, gaming, and anime who manages to get whisked away--through an odd sequence of coincidences that happened to align themselves in just the right way--to this other universe in which magic is real. He's excited. He's enchanted. He's eager to experience this real life RPG. So he does the most logical thing he can think of that will allow him to do this: he joins the Adventurers Guild. Through that guild, he becomes embroiled in situations that lift the rose-colored glasses from his eyes, causing him to see the world for what it really is, and that's when he realizes he's just been saddled with some hard choices that, no matter what path he takes, will cause irrevocable change to this strange world he had considered calling his new home. What choices does he ultimately make?

ROLES NEEDED

Mappers
    Spriters/Busts/Skill Animation Drawer
    Formulas (I'm not exactly the best at finding the propper formulas for skill damage and everything like that so
    having one would help.
    Scene Designer
    Composer
    Plot/Dialogue Writer (This isn't 100% needed but would help in the long run with helping me get everything
    planned and written down.
    Testers: To test as I go through and add things in.

My Role(s)/Position(s): I'll be doing different roles as we go along.
    As of now I'm the only scripter (Which is alright) and I'm getting by with what I know, and with what I'm learning as I go (and with adition of plugins),
    Story writing: My friend has been working on lore/backstory while I've been working on story once the game starts.
    Also various other small things here and there, I've been working on world maps and things of that nature.

Zane Akira: Main character, Samurai working in the Adventurers Guild. Screenshots of him to come.

Setting: Set on the continent of "Haven't named it yet", the different countries live their seperate lives, with trades here and there. They each have their own set of Politics and beliefs that lead them to act in various different ways (Enslaving other races, worshipping of certain gods, how they enact their leaders, etc). The world itself, in the eyes of the various characters in the game, is like a rpg in some aspects. They are able to see their mana/hp, stats go up (which they can see), similar stuff to that they can see, and they mostly work their own jobs like any normal world, but with the adition of the various different guilds/clans for fighting off monsters/bandits/etc. Monsters have covered the areas since the birth of the Abyss, and as such the Adventurers Guild and the Mercenary Guild work to combat them, as well as Knights and similar roles, but they work to protect their leaders unlike the Adventurer's guild/Mercenary guild.
    I'll be adding to the World Development a bit, but that's the jist.

For testing, it all depends on how much of recruitment I can do. As long as I can get Spriter/Mapper I should be good to go until alot later and after the first initial testing of stuff, I'll be adding a test build for anyone to play, but the testers will still get the updates before everyone else.

As of right now, we have one mapper (CxNxRx) and one person to help with story (And possibly busts eventually) (TheKeeper) Recruiting for everything still needed, DM me or reply here for details.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Sinful_Pride1 likes this.
  2. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm writing my own lore and story for my game too, but the way you demonstrate your lore really does not hook me at all. All the names and stuff. Those gods and goddess sound just like 1 of those elements in my game, lol. Anyways, good luck on recruiting people into your project. (Actually I just wanna barge in and say this lol Much love:thumbsup-left:)

3. SinfulPride

First Language:
    English
    Yeah my friend wrote the lore and I edited a bit to fit the story I was going for, but as I was editing I think I messed it up a bit, regardless thanks for the feedback. Hope your project goes well.

phamtruong1992 likes this.
  4. Bollmoth

Bollmoth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am a composer... I write dark symphonies, 8 bit songs, and metal music... if you are interested contact me at <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
  5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I've removed the e-mail above for safety reasons (lots of spambots on here). You can use our PM system to set up first contact.

6. CxNxRx

CxNxRx Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I'd love to help out with the mapping. I suppose I could also help on the plot/dialog as well, as I've been told by many people that I'm really good with writing. I also have a signature version of FL Studio so I could help on music as well :kaopride:

I'm pretty good all around for anything you'd need for the project, please PM me on anything if you need me!

7. tobimura.tobi

tobimura.tobi Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello there!
    I'd love to help you with the mapping, but I can't draw the tilesets well so I need an artist to make the tilesets first.
    I'm also interested in scene designing so if you need me for your project, please PM me.

PS : sorry for my bad English :(

8. TheKeeper

TheKeeper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Heyla! Dialogue seems to be the strongest of my writing skills: I'd be happy to help with that and fleshing out the plotline! I do see that you have another volunteer for that work, and I say, "Two heads are better than one, no?" We could certainly back each other up and bounce ideas off of each other to help get the ball rolling. In fact, that's exactly the type of environment I was hoping to find, when I came looking for projects to do! PM me if I'm what you're looking for!

P.S.

Regarding your formulas, have you considered using systems that fall under the open gaming license, such as the d20 system famously released by Wizards of the Coast, or the Open D6 system? Full disclosure: I own RPG Maker VX Ace, and it's been a while since I've touched it, so I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to implement a system that uses a bit of randomization in its results, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case it might help with your dilemma.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  9. TheKeeper

TheKeeper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hm... I'm pretty sure you're looking for a good artist for your work, but if you're still having trouble finding someone to do your busts, in addition to helping with dialogue and story, I can offer my own very amateur services for making busts. The thing is, I'm a line artist, when you get right down to it, and an out of practice one, at that. That said, I've been itching to get back into making some art, so if you're willing to put up with someone trying to get their grove back--and then some--I can help out with that. I can PM you the link to my DeviantArt pages, if you're interested in a sample of what my line art looks like.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  10. SinfulPride

First Language:
    English
    Ah sorry everyone, I wasn't getting notifications for some reason after that first guy replied. Yes the project is still going on, and I'll try and get in contact with some of you.

11. SinfulPride

First Language:
    English
    Updated Synopsis and will be checking this regularly for now. Thank you everyone who has messaged so far!

12. Senor Pigster

Senor Pigster Map Designer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you still need mappers i could help out

13. Haakond

Haakond Warper Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  14. RZ-Music

RZ-Music Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey there I am a creator of music themes.

15. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No idea if this is still open or not, but if so, I could potentially help with a couple of things; namely busts, with a possibility of composition and mapping.

16. SinfulPride

First Language:
    English
    Sent DM's, recruited a bust person. Still recruiting people, for anyone interested!