LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finally got my message window looking right (with choices) - that was a nigh impossible feat as a non-scripter!

screenie.png

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
battlewindow.png

Battle window is looking okay now too!

taistelusopuli

Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
This game just looks better and better with every screenshot you share! You have some eye for game design I must say. ;)

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This game just looks better and better with every screenshot you share! You have some eye for game design I must say. ;)
You got that from a menu? Haha, I appreciate your kind words sir!

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've updated my post and have included some basic information on how the character stats work in Untold Questiny! I think I'll work out how states will work next.

taistelusopuli

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@LeeOccleshaw Yah, from the menu, yes! ;) Let's just say that when life comes to visuals, I am a friend of simplicity. Not to say that I would be some kind of authority in game design world since I am not, but I know when I see something I like. And in this case I like what I see! Some times I see good looking games but then the menus are over decorated and confusing =\

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@LeeOccleshaw Yah, from the menu, yes! ;) Let's just say that when life comes to visuals, I am a friend of simplicity. Not to say that I would be some kind of authority in game design world since I am not, but I know when I see something I like. And in this case I like what I see! Some times I see good looking games but then the menus are over decorated and confusing =\
Ahh yes, I see, thanks! I have seen many games with flashing neon coloured animated menus that look like they were thrown up into existence by pink fluffy unicorns on LSD so I am going for a minimal look with mine to try and keep things as clean as possible, a menu is just a necessary wall between the player and the game afterall. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

taistelusopuli

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@LeeOccleshaw So true! Ha! I like the way you put it with the LSD unicorns :D Keep up the good work ;)

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update: I have added a new .gif as a preview of how I'll be mapping my game. As you can see, I have moving parallax layers now to give the impression of depth - I thought it was pretty necessary for the pseudo-side-scrolling look that I'm going for. I am, however, currently treating this project file as a test rather than working on my final game project as I'm trying to simplify some elements of the game alongside learning how to use the software. I will be working on the new version once I've settled on a few things regarding how the game/battle system is going to function. Until then, I'll be refining a few features before settling on the base framework and design rules to build my game with.

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am glad that you're still working on it. :D

Considering the last update was quiet long, I thought you were on hiatus or something. :(

I really like how the game look so far, especially the pseudo-side-scrolling look.

One of the best gaming experience I had comes from side-scrolling games. :guffaw:

Please keep it up!

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks guys! Added a new gif - can't wait to actually start building the game.  :guffaw:

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've made a lot of steps backwards as I'm redesigning the game before I make too much progress. I've updated the original post to reflect the current state of ideas.

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello MV.

New .GIF in main post - more coming soon!

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't had much time to work with MV lately, I've posted up a new gif of how the game currently looks after working on the colour palette and drawing some rough pixel art. I'm quite happy with how it's looking now, there are just a few things to work out before I can start creating actual usable content. (Slowest game dev ever.)  :guffaw:

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It has been a long time since I've had a chance to work on Untold Questiny but during that time I've been filling sketchbooks with ideas - I'll be reformatting this post and updating it to reflect my new ideas. 

For now, here are the class armour sets as sketches for each of the 10 classes:

classes.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackYonder