Unveil — Survival Simulator (Now Moddable)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by PabloNeirotti, Jan 21, 2014.

1. PabloNeirotti

PabloNeirotti Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you! I appreciate it ^^ I can't wait to take the UI to the final state :)

2. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    New feature has arrived! Introducing Weapon Mods, allowing to tweak a weapon's skill set.

First off, Weapons come with their skill set, and also stats which begin to grow from zero to max as you level them up. The better quality of the craft & materials, the better chances of getting more stats and a slightly higher max level cap.

Weapon Mods can be applied by crafting a weapon using an existing weapon. The original weapon will still be delivering the stats it has and absorb the obtained experience gained from battle, but the Mod's skills will be used instead in combat. Turn your Stick into a Poisonous Stick to deal with super defensive or crazy healing opponents!

Once a Mod wears out by use, the Weapon returns to it's previous state. Some Mods allow to be modded as well, allowing for several layers of mods, which come back as you break the latests mods.This system allows the player to quickly change strategy depending on the area, without having to craft and level up an entire new weapon from scratch. It's also just plain fun!

3. Myst

Myst Jack Of All Trades Member

First Language:
    Awesomeness
    Can't wait to play >_< . Looks soooo awesome.

4. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Haha! Thank you Myst! Will be posting more info about it soon :) like, tomorrow. Or today. Depending where you are.

5. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys!

I wanted to share with you the latest User Interface changes to address several learning and readability issues (as well as making it look prettier!), and explaining the Tokens system more in depth.

6. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys! Wanted to share with you the latest demoable addition to Unveil: Fishing.

It started to be developed for months, but just now I laid down the actual mechanics and polished the simulation.

Unveil aims to make fishing feel like in real life. It takes everything into account given it's simulation, with fishes swimming, eating, growing, mating. They like different baits, they are affected by the climate, and way many more things. And just like in real life, you don't get progress bars or get to click fishes to fish them. You wait, and use the little feedback a fishing rod can give you in order to make, together with your fisherman guts, the smarter choice on every situation. Or you may loose your bait, or your rod may even break by overweight.

I hope you enjoy!

hiromu656 likes this.
  7. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This game has some great potential your mapping is far from terrible, which is a complete bonus, your UI is to die for. and the idea is great and is something a little bit different from the norm :) great job, and I am following this intently :)  

8. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Thank you! As a matter of fact, UI and maps are just for testing (heck, I make a whole new set of maps every month now :p ). None of these are final game graphics, but I am glad you like them already! ^^

Jonnie91 likes this.
  9. Bitterbug

Bitterbug Nami-Swaaan~ Member

First Language:
    English
    Looks very interesting! The UI looks fantastic, as others have said. :)

10. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys! Another update of Unveil. On this opportunity: COCONUTS!

Coconuts help regain Hydration or be prepared when water is scarce. Watering plants, cooking soups, collect rain water, and more.

Enjoy! :D

CrazyCrab likes this.
  11. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Looking good!

As someone who loves survival games I'll surely keep an eye out for this.  :)

PabloNeirotti likes this.
  12. Krishna Siva

Krishna Siva Extremely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh my god!!!! can't get enough of the ui and mapping...

I have been dreaming about a game like THIS. I will be totally

happy to play this. just add me in the invitations for testing!!!

13. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Thank you both! Your words mean a lot to me :)

I've always wanted to play a game like this too! I am making it because, well, no one has yet!

The project is getting closer to the closed beta. I will announce it definitely on Twitter and YouTube (links below), so make sure to follow/subscribe :) .

14. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is looking really cool!  I look forward to playing this in the future! :D

15. Ikari

Ikari Noir Spiral Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This definitely looks like a good game! Though, I feel as if the regular RMVXA graphics shatter the mood. If you want, you could hire a good artist like Marimo. I like the look of the UI as well, the designs are pretty nice and seem unique and well done.

I wouldn't mind giving this a try when the game comes out.

16. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for your comments :)

UI and graphics are placeholders, although I personally think the current visual style works wonders. I don't have budget to pay anyone, but if we ever get custom graphics done, will be looking along those lines.

I am planning on a beta soon, and will be announcing it over Twitter. Make sure you follow! :)

17. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Hello survivors!

I wanted to share with you the 2014 Trailer for Unveil! This is the long version, the short one will be coming in a few weeks. It explains a lot about the game, so I hope you enjoy! :D

18. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) Resident Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's glad to see how this project has grown to what it is. Your typography game has always been on point and the simulation is deep. I think this may be the first truly great RPG Maker survival game. I am so hyped! Thank you for making this game.

19. PabloNeirotti

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for your kind words! It is hard to stay focused for over a year making a game. But people like you make me want to keep working on it. So thank you! :D

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) likes this.
  20. ♥SOURCE♥

♥SOURCE♥ Too sexy for your party. Member

I really like the trailer. It looks like a very fun and interesting game. Also the map HUD is very neat.