robatron19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so i understand that walking into walls from below allow you to walk onto them. however my map is top down, is there any way for me to prevent walking onto walls?

robatron19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so i understand that walking into walls from below allow you to walk onto them. however my map is top down, is there any way for me to prevent walking onto walls?
ive noticed that this doesnt give much detail. i know that there are wall and ceiling sprites, but im not using wall sprites because my game is top down. so is there a way to make my wall unwalkable without adding more sprites below it

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@robatron19, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Not by changing any settings on the autotiles.

If you have an extra mapping layer available, you could use blank tiles on the B-E sheets, and mark them as impassable, or use the 4-dir setting to make them impassable in certain directions - similar to what you'd do if using a parallax map.

Or you could ditch the autotiles and use the A5 tilesheet instead - this would require you to copy the tiles from the A4 sheet (assuming that's where your tiles are coming from, and paste them onto the A5 sheet - of course removing tiles you don't need to make room.

Or you could use a plugin such as Yanfly's Region Restrictions.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
go into the tileset settings, you find the O, X or start, if on O go to
passages, you will see 4 arrows here, up, down, left, right.

on the ceiling side, set it to a dot (by pressing the arrow key), so you for
the left bottom corner, left and down to dot, while up and right are arrows,
this way, you cannot go from below to top, or from top to ground while that blocks
the wall path.

I hope this makes sense, else I make a screenshot the next day (or someone else).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
go into the tileset settings, you find the O, X or start, if on O go to
passages, you will see 4 arrows here, up, down, left, right.

X and O passage settings are ignored on autotiles (at least on the walls and ceiling ones), and 4-dir passage can't be set on them either.

robatron19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[dpost]@robatron19[/dpost]

Not by changing any settings on the autotiles.

If you have an extra mapping layer available, you could use blank tiles on the B-E sheets, and mark them as impassable, or use the 4-dir setting to make them impassable in certain directions - similar to what you'd do if using a parallax map.

Or you could ditch the autotiles and use the A5 tilesheet instead - this would require you to copy the tiles from the A4 sheet (assuming that's where your tiles are coming from, and paste them onto the A5 sheet - of course removing tiles you don't need to make room.

Or you could use a plugin such as Yanfly's Region Restrictions.
i got it to work with the invisible tiles, thanks! and sorry about double posting, im fairly new here and have never used a forum before. thanks for the help though!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StaciaStay