"Upcoming Support Tools Development"?

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(PS: Topic title was gotten from Google Translate)

I'm not sure where to post about this, but I just saw it from the Japanese RM Twitter. 

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I could get my hands on that I would make a Little Big Adventure fangame!

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh...My....Kitten *takes huge inhale of cat nip* I need this meow!

Yappy Monoxide

The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gosh dang it! Now we have to wait for it to come out in Japan so we can wait for it to be localized!  D:<  That said I am super excited to see this and I'm looking forward to getting these. (2018 ;_; )

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In case you were wondering what the post actually says

translation: 

< Announcement 2/4 > " RPG Maker MV " extended support tool in development ! Quarter view conversion function and window customization tool , map chip editor such , we are planning a variety of expansion tool . ※ The image is under development . # Maker MV

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Gosh dang it! Now we have to wait for it to come out in Japan so we can wait for it to be localized!  D:<  That said I am super excited to see this and I'm looking forward to getting these. (2018 ;_; )

2018 would seem a little late in the product lifecycle considering an RM version lasts 3-5 years.

Seems cool, don't know what I'd do with a quarter view though...

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rukiri I was exaggerating for comedic effect.

In all seriousness though if this is just now being announced then it's most likely got another month or two of dev-time which means the earliest I'd say it would be released in Japan would be Holiday 2016-Early 2017 now I'm not sure exactly how long it would take to translate this type of thing so I'm estimating it'd take until at least Fall-Holiday 2017 until we see an English release. I could be wrong though (And I kinda hope I am and it comes out sooner  :) ) besides you said that they typically have a lifecycle of 3-5 years 2018 would be the third year for MV and the time between VXA and MV was four years and the time between VX and VXA was also four years so I'd say that it's kinda safe to say that MV will have at least 31/2 years before the next maker is announced (For us at least) meaning we have until late 2018- early 2019 before we find out about the next maker.

I could be wrong though.

I think the quarter-view looks cool, kinda like Age of Empires(ish) not quite sure if I'd use it myself though.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ooh this is something I needed yesterday~! please produce quickly! *tosses cc at screen* :D  

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wonder if it is just the view or if there are new tools in the engine itself? Looks perfect for creating strategy game, for example!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.
My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12dl