Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm using YEP Common Event menu for custom simple shops. Is there a way for the Commen Event Menus to update constantly so the variables in the event menu change while it's open? At the moment, variables don't update unless the common event menu is closed and opened again.

I'm using it to display a list of skills that can be used for X amount of time, but that time variable doesn't update in the Common Event Menu unless I close it and open it again.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only way to make that refresh would be to constantly re-call the common event that draws the menu. You could do this on a loop every couple of frames, but that's probably going to cause a performance issue at the very least, and constantly reloading the menu might also mess with player inputs as well.

A better option might be to exclude that specific window from the menu and make use of some sort of HUD plugin instead, which should update in real time. The common event menu plugin wasn't really designed with that in mind, since it sets up all the info before being drawn.

Alternatively you could look into making an entire custom menu scene instead, but depending on exactly what you're doing on this scene, that is going to be quite a bit more difficult than the HUD option.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Squashing some bugs before releasing plugin :LZScool:The testing phase is taking more time than what I expected...
On cloud 9. My latest game got a 4/5 review today :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bananas