Kayokensa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

LanguageManager + Core

Intro: 

I've started working on a LanguageManager / Language Selection Plugin which lets you change the language ingame without having the trouble of assigning variables/switches and stuff like that.

And because it's really hard to grasp what exactly needs to be changed, I've started writing a tool in C# (with the help of TheGreenKey) , which helps you, creating a localization for your game.

Why a plugin?:

So I want to create a game... a multilingual game (german + english) but I didn't want to think of all the translation right at the beginning. Neither didn't I want to actually look through all MapInfos - and such - and see what texts are displayed when the game is finished and contains like >100 Maps. So I thought I'll divide this work into two parts: Create a plugin + tool in the first step and then get prompted by the tool with all the information that needs to be translated after the game is done (without touching any events or variables).

The tool is completely for you.

Current Version: v0.2a

Description: This plugin expands the DataManager to load localized files (which are generated by you) depending on the language selected.

Features:

• Language Stuff (yeah!)
  • Expands Options Window (change language ANYTIME)
  • Language prompt on startup
  • Optional:

*Systemlanguage of the running device
  • *Show flag icons

*Not integrated (yet) as only "nice-to-have". Maybe for future versions

Current Status:

• Plugin: 100% (some optional things are still open)
  • Tool: ~15% (still having trouble finding all the information) 

Changelog 0.2a :

• Added a "Core" plugin for compatibility stuff
  • Rewritten loading procedure compared to v0.1

Showcase for v.0.1 :

I used google translator for italian text :( I'm sorry

Because I've started developing 5-6 plugins right off the bat, I've came up with a Core plugin to handle the compatibility. A new showcase with a complete tutorial on the tool will be released after the developing on the tool is done.

Greetz

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
great job you break nothing as long you not crack the editor code :)  

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
wonderful, i hope this plugin will done ASAP :3

Kayokensa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I've updated the first post (forgot about the topic :D) accordingly.

So the plugin is technically done, BUT the tool isn't. And I wouldn't want to release the plugin without the tool. Not that I don't trust your JSON skills, but rather for the sake of releasing something 'complete' for anyone.

I also expanded to a Core, because there are some more plugins in the pipeline (some cool ones too 8) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fedon