Update on POP!, me, and the future

Discussion in 'VexedEnigma Packs' started by Vexed, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey all, long time no speak. Apologies for my absence lately, it's been one hell of a year. Just posting this to give some information on where things are at in terms of new resource releases, where I'm at and all that jazz.

As some of you may have seen, a collection of my work for the Members+ program has just been released. I'm super proud of this collection that showcases almost 2 years of work as well as some never before released content I've been dying to share. I've noticed some people are concerned over the price or wondering why so little MV stuff and I totally understand, the price seems like a lot, but there's also a TON of stuff in there that ammounts to almost my entire creative output for 2 years. Perhaps I could have edited, cut content or released only "the best of Vexed" in order to keep the price low, but I genuinely thought that releasing everything I created was better than having a watered down release.

As for the MV vs VX Ace split, the majority of my time on the M+ program was before the launch of MV. I don't think I ever released content formatted for MV the entire time I was working on M+ and so, any MV formatted content included in the pack is something that I have converted recently, purely as an added bonus for people who are using POP! resources in that engine. That was easily possible for the POP! content included in the pack as the POP! style scales perfectly to MV. To do the same for all the rest of the content would have been nice, of course, but would have taken months and resulted in an even higher price for those who wanted both the MV and Ace content. Again, I just did what I thought was best.

So, onto the next thing. I'm currently taking a step back from making resources. Unfortunately, a long term health problem has recently been re-examined and it turns out it's something arguably more serious than I previously thought. The good news is, that it's also more treatable. So in the interest of hopefully getting better - and therefore being in a better position to make good content - I'm extending what was supposed to be a short term break to have diagnostic tests, into a longer break while I begin treatment and learn more about my new diagnosis.

With that said, I didn't want to leave without at least showing a little of what I HAD been working on prior to this health crap. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be back to working on one or more of these projects before long. In the meantime, let me know what you think and if there's something else you'd like to see, but don't mind waiting for, lemme know :) I can't make any promises, but I'll always take any ideas into consideration.

[​IMG]
    New cartoon-ish style for RPG Maker MV

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A more detailed/larger version of the POP! style, sized for use in RPG Maker MV (Characters and tiles are examples of style - the content wouldn't necessarily be a straight up remake of Horror City)

[​IMG]
    Sci-fi/Cyberpunk tiles for POP! - usable in both VX Ace and RPG Maker MV

That's all I really wanted to say so thanks for reading. To those of you who have picked up any of my resources - firstly, thank you for doing so. It's very much appreciated. And secondly, I sincerely hope you are getting some use and enjoyment out of them. Good luck with your games everyone :)

Guardinthena, Shake0615, BCj and 26 others like this.
  2. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't over work yourself for us! Your health and well being should be above all else your main concern. Take a break, relax and focus on your recovery. We're more then willing to wait to see you back in full health.

3. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any content you make will always be well worth the time and wait that goes into it! I wish you all the best as you begin to recuperate and adjust to your diagnosis. I've always been amazed that you're generous and awesome enough to format your tiles for both engines so everyone can get in on the goodness.

Vexed, starlight dream, Uzuki and 3 others like this.
  4. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am very sorry to hear about the health issues, but if stepping away for awhile is what needs to be done, then that is what you should do. I wish you the best in that regard!

Your work is fantastic, and the RPGMaker community is very lucky to have such a large and wonderful set of resources (and to be honest, the price is very fair for the amount of time and work you put into it). Hopefully the future will see your return and the creation of new material.

I wish you the best of luck!

Vexed, starlight dream, Uzuki and 3 others like this.
  5. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love the look of the pop character that you've added, the graphics and everything, but the only thing I want to say is get well soon. I agree with everyone that your work is fantastic and am looking forward to seeing more when you've recovered. Or little teasers along the way when you want to relax. ^_^

Vexed, starlight dream, Uzuki and 2 others like this.
  6. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I hope your treatment goes well!

7. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry to hear about your health issues. I, too, want to extend my sincerest wishes for your recovery. I know what it's like to have to step away from something you enjoy doing for health reasons.

Regarding the resource work you shared above, I like everything you're doing. Pop scifi tiles - YES PLEASE! And I love the extra detail for MV. But this all definitely takes a back seat to your health. Get well soon!

PS - I've purchased almost all of your art packs, and I admire your work. I just wish I could come up with a good idea for a short game so I can try out all your packs...

8. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I Love all your works, they're a huge and magnificent part of the RM world. Whenever you release something new, I'm excited to see it!
    Thank you so much for all you've created and contributed so far. I hope your treatment will go wonderfully well, and that your time away will strengthen you and help you rejuvenate your health and spirits!

The images you posted here all look great, the sci-fi pic is my favorite and the taller MV sprites are absolutely lovely! :kaopride:
    I'm a big fan of Ace, so thanks for your newest release!!! ^.^ b

Anytime you're ready for us again, we'll be happy to have you back!

Thanks for everything and best of luck to you, ALWAYS! :kaoluv:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Vexed likes this.
  9. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Woah! Would totally buy it!

10. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh, more treatable would be amazing! I really hope that pans out for you, though it is scary and exhausting to be shifting everything around to suit the new diagnosis. Your health is #1 priority, I don't mind slow or no releases if it means you're doing better that way. Enjoy (suffer through?) your break. We'll be happy to see you when you come back.

Every one of these would be a must buy for me, I like them all. I have a slight preference for more default POP style because I like having lots of things that work together. Second would be the cartoony one, it's really refreshing and inviting. Might be a nice breather style if you wanted to do both. You could even start something else brand new and I'd buy it too. Everything you make is good.

Ms Littlefish, Vexed and GolfHacker like this.
  11. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Sorry to hear about your health problems, but glad it’s treatable! I hope your vacation is relaxing and that you come back (when you're ready) - energized and cured!

All your new stuff seems promising, really cool. But I’m the most interested in the POP! sci-if tiles (alien horror in space?)! Might add that it would be cool if they did included some futuristic version of the bikes you made for the Members+ program too. Maybe something Akira inspired?

In any case, best wishes! RMW will be here when you get back I’m sure so no stress!

starlight dream likes this.
  12. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    where i can get this Sci-fi/Cyberpunk tiles for POP?