Update the Master Script List and earn a forum award icon!

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Mr. Bubble, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mr. Bubble

Mr. Bubble Makes stuff. Member

All RMW forum members are eligible to earn special forum award icons for updating the VX Ace Master Script List wiki!

Special thanks to Archeia for making these award icons!

[​IMG] VX Ace Master Script List Contributor Award

The VXAce Master Script List Contributor forum award is given to RMW forum members that add at least 5 new scripts to the Master Script List wiki

[​IMG]VX Ace Master Script List Patron Award

The VXAce Master Script List Patron forum award is given to RMW forum members that maintain the Master Script List over an extended period of time. This period of time could be anywhere from several months to over the course of a year. This award is not purely based on the number of scripts a member adds to the MSL. Other contributing factors are taken into account. One example is ensuring broken script links are properly updated. Another example is removing redundant script listings. This award is given to people who go to great lengths in order to maintain the script list.

How to earn a Master Script List award

RMW forum members can earn the award by adding at least 5 scripts to the Master Script List wiki.

You must adhere to the step-by-step guide on how to obtain an MSL award. Failure to comply with the step-by-step guide may prevent you from earning a forum award until your mistakes are corrected. MSL awards are given out after a manual review of your contributions.

Step-by-step Award Guide

To earn the MSL Contributor award, simply follow this step-by-step guide. If you need clarification, feel free to ask in this topic.

1) Visit the VX Ace Master Script List wiki page

The Master Script List wiki page can be found through this link: http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

2) Make an account with Wikia

[​IMG]

MSL awards are given after a moderator has manually confirmed your contribution. Making an account with Wikia ensures that your name is attributed properly with your edits to the wiki page.

If possible, make your Wikia account name match your RMW forum member name to help expedite the award approval process.

3) Log in to Wikia before editing the MSL wiki page

[​IMG]

The log-in button is located at the upper-right of the script list in the page header. Again, this is to ensure that your name is attributed properly with your edits to the wiki page. Anonymous contributions to the script list will not be counted.

4) Click the “VX Ace Master Script List” edit button

[​IMG]

There are multiple edit buttons located on the page which is somewhat confusing. To make sure you are editing the correct section of the wiki page, make sure you click the one located next to "VX Ace Master Script List".

5) Scroll to the bottom of the wiki page editor

After clicking the edit button, you should now be viewing the wiki page editor. Scroll down to the very bottom of the editor to view the end of the script list table.

6) Add at least 5 scripts to the bottom of the script list table

This is the most important step that you will be scrutinized on. This step will determine whether you receive an award or not.

If you are not familiar with wiki syntax, here is a quick example of what a new line in the table looks like. I highly recommend that you view all the previous script entries in the table for good practical examples.

| [http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/ Example Row]| Author's Name| Category| Sub-category| Any optional notes regarding the script|-
    All lines begin with the pipe symbol “|”.

• Script Link and Name: Links are made within square brackets. The web address comes first, then the name of the script. The name should be the one found in the script itself. The web address and the name must be separated by at least 1 space.
    • Author’s Name: The author’s name exactly as they spell it in their script.
    • Category: The General Category of the script using a category name from the Categories table. Choose a category name that best describes the script. Do not make up your own category name.
    • Sub-category: The sub-category of the script using a category name from the Categories table. Choose a sub-category name that best describes the script (if there is one in the categories table). Do not make up your own sub-category names. If you think a new sub-category name should be added, you can suggest one to Mr. Bubble.
    • Notes: Add any optional notes regarding the script. This line can be left blank.
    • The last line is a pipe symbol and a hyphen. (“|-”). This signifies the end of a line in a wiki table.
    Additionally, each new script you add to the list must adhere to the following rules:

• Add only English scripts to the list. Do not add non-English scripts to this list unless it is translated.
    • Do not directly link to the raw script download or code. Links must direct to pages such as forum topics/posts or webpages that contain specific information about the script. This is to ensure that users be aware of any additional information and instructions required to use the script.
    • Again, all additional scripts must be added to the bottom of the table. Do not add scripts elsewhere in the list. Otherwise, it will count against you.
    • Make sure you are adding a script that isn’t already in the list. If you add a script that already exists in the list, you will be asked to remove your duplicate entry and find more new scripts to add to the list.
    • After adding your scripts and publishing your edits, double-check that the table isn't messed up. Mistakes happen, but make sure you correct them quickly.
    • Script links can lead to any forum, blog, or website that contains the script, not just this forum.
    • This should go without saying, but only add VX Ace scripts. Do not add VX or XP scripts.
    7) Report your published edits in this topic

After you have added at least 5 scripts to the script list, reply to this topic with only the following information:

Your Wikia account name: The names of the scripts you added (at least 5):1)2)3)4)5)You do not need to add 5 scripts in one edit. In other words, if you add 2 scripts to the list on one day and 3 scripts on another day, your contributions will accumulate towards earning an award. Make absolutely sure none of the script links you added are duplicated. Otherwise, you will not earn an award until you add more new scripts to the list.

8) Wait for your award confirmation reply

After posting in this topic, be patient. Mr. Bubble will eventually check this topic and review your edits to the wiki page. If you followed all the correct steps, you will be given a Master Script List Contributor forum award. If you did not correctly follow the award guidelines, you will be given an explanation as to why. Generally, you will just need to correct your mistakes. Please be patient for at least one week for your confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    Archeia and ShinGamix like this.
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is this a matter of adding your own scripts, or adding anybody's scripts that aren't already there?

Do you need to tell the author or get approval to add a script that isn't yours?

Do the scripts need to be from this forum, or from anywhere?

3. Mr. Bubble

You can add anybody's script to the list even if you didn't create it. That's how it has always been with the MSL wiki page.

No.

Anywhere. It can be this forum, another forum, a blog, or website as it has always been. I stated this in the guide.

Shaz and ShinGamix like this.
  4. Dr.Yami

Dr.Yami 。◕‿◕。 Developer

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Wikia Name: SuppaYamiAdded scripts:

• Steal State
    • Transfer State
    • Skill Shop
    • Skill Equip
    • Equipment Learning
    • Retain State on Death
    • Hospital
    • Dash Stamina

5. Mr. Bubble

Congrats, Yami! You've earned a MSL Contributor's award! [​IMG]

Your award icon will appear when an admin has time to manually add your award in the forum system.

Thank you very much.

Dr.Yami likes this.
  6. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Added a bunch of mine. I'll just list 5 of them:

Wikia username: Galveraxe

1. Shop Upgrade

2. Timed Button Attacks

3. Invader Mini Game

4. Magic Shards

5. Region Effects

Ocedic likes this.
  7. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Added a couple dozen:

http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List?diff=4417&oldid=4416

I don't think it is too clear that the sub-category should be exactly the same as one of the category names.

Editors should use the notes field for any clarifications.

I would suggest a section for shop-related scripts, since my Shop Manager script allows developers to create advanced shop scripts. This would be a separate section of its own since it is quite unique.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
    Dr.Yami likes this.
  8. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    Wikia username: EstrioleEST - ENEMY POSITION

EST - RACE TRAITS

EST - BRIBE AND BATTLE ROYALE

EST - SUIKODEN BRIBE RUN

EST - CLONE ACTOR

EST - SIMPLE NOTETAGS GRABBER

EST - SIMPLE EVENT PAGE CONTROLLER

EST - SUIKODEN RUNE

EST - SKILL TYPE SEAL MANAGER

EST - INPUT NAME USING KEYBOARD

EST - SOV Video script

EST - NOTEBOOK SYSTEM

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
  9. Mr. Bubble

Congrats! Each of you has earned a MSL Contributor forum award! You will receive your icon fairly soon.

Apologies for the long delay. I was on vacation all weekend. :D

Thank you very much guys.

I'm open to changing category names. The current names were made years ago for VX's MSL and have not changed aside from updating "Areas" to "Regions".

Don't think a Shop Manager section is required until there is a significant amount of them. The Effect Manager section didn't work out as planned.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
  10. gpgekko

gpgekko Nevermind me, I'll just cast shadows on your walls Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Gpgekko:

• Scan Enemy
    • Sleek Item Popup
    • Lune Smooth Camera Slide
    • OC Motion Battle Camera
    • Custom Encounter Text
    ​Apparently they like to capitalize usernames at Wikia... :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
  11. Mr. Bubble

Congrats! You've earned an MSL Contributor forum award! You will receive your icon within several days.

Thank you for your help.

12. Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Choco-Elliot Wyvern Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan Veteran

First Language:
    Chocobo
    Wikia Username: Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Added Scripts:

-XS - Menu Delux

-FF4 Menu System

-XS - Journal

-Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid

-Tomaoky Card Game

-Needs System

13. Mr. Bubble

You made some mistakes regarding the sub-categories you chose, but I corrected them for you. You were supposed to pick whichever sub-categories name which were appropriate to the script, not copy all of them. Normally, I would ask that you add one more script to the list to make up for it. But since you added 6 scripts instead of 5, I will waive it in this situation. Soooo...

Congrats! You've earned an MSL Contributor award! You will receive your award icon within several days.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    Choco-Elliot Wyvern likes this.
  14. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Dark_Metamorphosis

1) CSCA Achievements
    2) CSCA Encyclopedia
    3) CSCA Sidequests
    4) CSCA Vehicle System
    5) CSCA Treasure Maps v1.0

6) CSCA Core Script

15. Mr. Bubble

I've reviewed your contribution. Unfortunately, you did not correctly follow the guidelines. You're free to provide any description you want in the Notes field of the table, but you must stick with choosing any appropriate category and subcategory names for the script. Making up your own is not an option unless you want to suggest one here. The table was also was also left wider than it should've been due to a formatting issue.

I have changed your entries for you, but I ask that you add one more script to the MSL before I grant you an award icon. Thanks for your contribution regardless.

16. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Ah, I'm sorry about that. I didn't notice the categories at the bottom of the list there, but I tried to see what other people had put in there and followed that a bit. I'll make sure to look at those categories in the future.

I added another script in the list and hope I did a better input this time around:

Wiki account name: Dark Metamorphosis

1) Quest Journal 1.0.3

17. Mr. Bubble

Congrats! You've earned an MSL Contributor award! You'll receive your award icon pretty soon. Thanks for your contribution.

18. Napoleon

Napoleon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Your Wikia account name: Napoleon2010

The names of the scripts you added (at least 5):
    1) Japanese & Latin Name Input
    2) Autonomous Movement Extension
    3) Quest Journal Debug Addon
    4) Settings Manager
    5) Actor Voices in Battle (not mine)

19. Mr. Bubble

Congrats! You've earned an MSL Contributor's award! You'll receive your award icons within several days. Thanks for your help.

20. Misaki

Misaki Pikalyze Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your Wikia account name: Pikalyze

The names of the scripts you added (at least 5):

1)Dual Screen

2)Mode07 Vehicle Addon

3)Variable Airship Height

4)Overlay Mapping

5)Map as Title Screen

6)Main Menu Evo II

-Extra Note:I was looking for 'CrazyNinjaGuy' on the list, and I could only find four, some of them I don't think are working anymore due to his website changing up. If you noticed the (Smith0r), that would be his new username.