Update to SRD-Character Creators [27/8] New Eyebrows + Updated Eyes + Cloak

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Rhino, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welcome! This thread contains graphic fixes and new pieces for SRD-Character Creator and the latest version, SRD- Character Creator EX. Both have different layouts, so please be sure to download the right files for the plugin you're using!

SumRndmDde's Character Creator is an amazing plugin, but the character pieces on his site come with a strange blue border on the face pieces.

It's especially noticeable on the rear hair and certain clothes. I've removed the blue borders and uploaded the fixes which you can download from the link below.

Contains Fixes For:
    • Accessory A + B (face)
    • Clothing (face)
    • Eyes (face)
    • Front Hair Part1 Name Fixes (face+sv)
    • Front Hair Part2 Graphics and Names (walk)
    • Rear Hair Part2(face)
    • Bodies with skin tone variety
    • Front Hair Part2 Walk Sprite
    Original: old2.png Fixed: new2.png

Gdrive: Download

There's also some new pieces which I've added! These are the same as the list below, with the exception of the Face Shapes and Eyebrows.
    The reason I've neglected to update these is that CC is now unsupported and outdated, so I'd rather focus my efforts onto EX. I've left all these pieces for download incase anyone is still using an older version of MV for which CCEX is not compatible.

Additional Pieces Formatted for CC: Download

Extended Image Pack For CCEX
    Currently Contains:
    • Facial Markings
    • Extended Eye Pack (27 new (rtp) eyes!)
    • Extended Mouth Pack (20 more mouths)
    • Front Hair Part2 Walk Sprite Fix
    • Eyebrows (Fixes and new Pieces)
    • Ears - Normal face ear, and elf ear options! Ear 1 is for female bodies, 2 for male (there's a difference in the SV-down position)
    • Cloaks
    • Beards
    • Face Shapes- See video for install details
    • Sinnistar's Resources- Eyes, Mouths, Facial Markings + Wings (the numbering continues from my extended eyes + mouths, but will still work if you're missing those.)
      Free to use in whatever, just be sure to credit Sinnistar in some way
      sinnistar.png
    • Hiddeone's Resources - Clothes and Accessories (pieces have been split female/male, but have been numbered so you can use either/all)
      Credit: hiddenone, Kadokawa, & Avery if you use the beastmen or accessory generator portrait pieces
      Non-Commercial: Free to use
      Commercial: Free to use (but let me know so I can check it out!), if Avery's pieces are used send her a free copy
      Repost: Link to this thread
      Edits: Allowed for personal use, please contact me before sharing them
      Repost of Edits: Allowed, but please contact me first
      Maker Required: RPG Maker MV
      [*]In order to comply with the ToS, pieces made by Avery have not been included in this download.
      hiddenone.png
    • Ice's Resources - Parts 1-4
      The parts are free for use in your commercial/non-commercial games, you only need a MV license and give me credits if possible
      icekun.png
    • My Resources - Eyes, Wings, Accessory B, 1 Rear Hair and 1 Outfit
      Credit: Kadokawa & Rhino
      Usage: Free for Non-Commercial & Commercial Games
      Reposts: Ask first
      Edits: If you make any edits you'd like to share, add them to my resource thread! Avoid reposting them without asking.
      Maker Required: RPG Maker MV
      rhino.png

GDrive: Download

Make sure to update the plugin parameters if you're adding any new parts. In order to edit these parts inside SuperTools, you first need to go into your game folder>data and open up the CharacterCreator.json. Copy a preexisting piece, and edit it to have the same name as your newly added part. You should then be able to make changes within STE and have it registered.

Tail Part2, Wing Part2, Cloak Part2, Body, Nose, Facial Mark, Eyes, Eyebrows, Mouth, Rear Hair Part2, Ears, Front Hair Part2, Clothing, Beard, Cloak Part1, Rear Hair Part1, Accessory A, Glasses, Front Hair Part1, Beast Ears, Accessory B, Tail Part1, Wing Part1

All the graphic fixes are RTP, so make sure to credit Kadokawa, and follow SumRndmDde's T&C's when using the plugin. When using new pieces from other authors, make sure to check their T&C's. On request and with permission from the original artist I am happy to create new packs with more pieces that you can add to this plugin.

Tutorial on how to format your own pieces.

There's no need to credit me, but if you decide to download anything, please like this post :kaoluv:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Shinma

Shinma Soulstice

First Language:
    English
    Well done!!

3. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updated to Include:
    • Eye fixes
    • Clothing fixes
    • Three more facial markings
    Original Eyes (4).png Updated Eyes (5).png

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Shinma likes this.
  4. Shinma

Shinma Soulstice

First Language:
    English
    Out of curiosity, have you informed him that his generator has these problems? He would likely appreciate your hard work on it. =)

5. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I left a note on his blog a few weeks ago, but didn't get a response. It's hard to tell in his videos, but the screenshot on his blog looks like it has a blue border too. He might be more responsive on youtube, so maybe I should l post a comment on there, even if it's just to let other people know that these fixes exist.

Shinma likes this.
  6. Shinma

Shinma Soulstice

First Language:
    English
    Good plan, that way people there can benefit from your fixes as well.

7. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updates:
    • Added a poll
    • Cloaks
    • Beards
    • Front Hair Part1 Name Fixes
    • Skin Tones
    Due to the way the face parts are made, they may look strange when using other skin tones. The only way I can think to fix this is
    a) create new sets matching the skin tones
    b) remove all the coloured shading so the errors are not as noticeable
    c) hope that someone updates the plugin with a palette selector so custom colours can be used for all pieces

Shinma likes this.
  8. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    2/5/17:
    • Extended Eye Pack (including the original fixes)
    • More mouth options
    • Elf ear choice (and a normal ear graphic for the face)

9. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, if you're feeling up to it sometime, you may add in all of my gen parts to massively expand his generator. xP I have a collection of over 100 unique parts (mostly eyes/mouths but some wings and stuff too). I just don't have the time to actually make them work with his generator but would love to see them on it someday (my good gen parts anyway haha cause I know some of the early ones were HORRIBLE!).

Nice work fixing that up though, I had realized that when he first released that and was like "Well, that sucks...I was gonna make use of it but don't wanna remake everything to do it." lol.

10. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, it's such a neat plugin, but with the original graphics I found it pretty unusable. Originally I just make fixes for the girls since that's all I need for my game, but then I figured people make these awesome plugins for free for us to use, so I wanted to give something back :kaoluv:

It's not really a good idea to add tons of new parts, since all the graphics are stored in the game folder and will bulk up the size, but it might be nice to have the option to choose bits and pieces, so thanks :kaojoy:

I'll add your pieces to the poll and if they get a few votes I'll sort that out :) Now if only there was a way to remove already fulfilled options from the poll... Oh well!

Edit: seems like your Mega Pack download has been removed.

11. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wth was it removed again? I'll fix that...some stupid person copyrighted my name after I posted that so the host keeps thinking I've copyright infringed -.-. Guess I'll have to rename it slightly to be "Sinn-I-Star's Resource Collection" lol. But yeah, I'll get that fixed....nothing annoys me more.

But yeah, SRD makes some amazing plugins that I've regularly contributed art assets to myself xD (Window skin options, his new Hud Maker tool and so on). It'd be a pretty cool thing seeing more of my stuff compatible with his generator. And yeah, while it increases size, I'm pretty sure he was thinking of a tool that can "import only required assets" from another place where they are stored. Not sure if he ever got around to that but it was talked about xP would be awesome to have such a tool cause that would seriously lighten the load on game files. But anyhow, if you do end up adding some of my parts, I recommend the eyes and mouth set 3 or 4 I think were the two good ones lol. Only the good parts xD shouldn't be near as many of those haha but there are some pretty good ones.

Edit: The mega pack should be working again. Not sure why they took down my link but apparently there was no reason as I had no notification for them doing so...hm...Anyhow, it should be up and capable again so all good for awhile at least lol.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Rhino likes this.
  12. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having a hard time figuring out where set 3 and 4 are. I've got your mega pack, but I can see some pieces are missing. I know you've got some separate on rpgmakermv.co, but for ease of access do you think you could make one folder with all the pieces you'd like and send it to me? You can just throw them all together and I'll sort out the rest :)

13. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alas I think the newer ones are only on MV.co. I also don't have those on my HD anymore since I needed space and updates kinda forced me to remove many of my resources. I can see about getting them again so I can merge them into one file for ya. I'll let ya know if I manage to find the good ones over there and when I have em merged xP

Rhino likes this.
  14. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alrighty, I've updated a section where the parts were. These are the only ones I can find again and recover. LINK It does contain most of them, but I'm pretty sure the first couple of packs are absent as those were made on a different hard drive far earlier than these were.

15. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you :kaojoy: Would you mind if I tried to make some sprited versions of your facial markings to include in the download? I don't think I could manage the complicated ones, but something like the heart might be quite cute.
    sv.png

16. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    By all means, if you want to build from my starting sets, I allow it so go for it! xD I'd love to see how they'd turn out too. And yeah that heart does look fitting for the cutesy aspect of it xP

17. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    10/5/17
    Added Sinnistar's Resources- 9 Eyes, 28 Mouths + 8 Facial Markings!
    face.png
    @Sinnistar These are the face markings I tried to make, hope you like them:kaoluv:
    face1.png
    I'm a newbie pixel artist so I didn't attempt the harder ones, but if anyone makes a request I can give it a go :kaoswt:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Shinma likes this.
  18. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha, yeah that actually looks pretty good on the battler sprites. Good work xD

19. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    16/5/17
    Added Sinnistar's Wings
    sinn wings.png

A lot of people have been asking for new eyes/mouths, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find any by artists who allow reposting. So instead, I'm bringing you some clothes + accessories by Hiddenone! (I have been given permission to post these.)
    hiddeonefemale.png hiddeonemale.png
    Both these new files have been split into female/male folders (due to the differences in SV down positions.) They've been numbered so that you can have either/all the pieces in the your generator.

I've taken a look at recolouring the noses/mouths to fit the bodies I've made, but to make them look right, it would require me to create a new colour for each of the 5 bodies I've made (x11 noses, 26 mouths.) I'm assuming that the two votes have a specific body colour in mind (since having all the pieces for all the body colours would be ridiculous) so if you leave me a note with the body you have in mind, I'll get that sorted. :kaoluv:

Closing the poll now. If you have any other requests, write it here or send me a PM!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Sinnistar and David Kristens like this.
  20. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think there are face parts for those wings too, but not quite sure. I may have just been the fairy wings, but yeah I did make a few. People really did end up liking those wings awhile back (before the RTP added very similar wings).

You can repost anything of mine. I also give you permission for that, but yeah a bunch of the good ones are kinda picky on that x.x. The body colors would be a nice + for it too! I wish there were more "demonic" and "alien" gen parts though lol or even dragon/fish types. I made a few parts fitting awhile back but the color doesn't match perfectly like it should so I'll prolly never use those myself. Looks like I'ma have to venture further into more parts lol xD need demonic stuff!