Update to SRD-Character Creators [27/8] New Eyebrows + Updated Eyes + Cloak

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Rhino, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh dear, you're right! I'm sorry!! I must have overlooked it since the rtp wings don't have face pieces. I've added them now ^^ Because the wings are ontop of everything, they might look a bit weird with some pieces, but it should be alright :kaoluv:
    wing.png

I like to double check with the artist before I add anything here, but a few of them haven't been online in months so T-T

Yunary & Hiddenone have some dragon pieces, plus Hiddenone has some alien sprites (not generator though) and I've seen a few horns dotted around.

I'm quite interested in making some generator pieces (though the naming thing really confuses me...) So if you have something in mind you can request it (quality may vary though :guffaw:) or if you want some help with the pieces you're making, I don't mind lining them up to fit the sprites or whatever. ^^

2. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    lol I think you can set them as a separate part like "Face_wings" or something. And just have that on the layer where it would be needed. But yeah, looks good heh xD I made that to go with it since I thought it was odd they didn't have face parts for any of the wings. Since ya know, wings are usually large, especially if the sprite shows em as being head level or higher.

Yeah many of the content creators have gone dark it seems =/ . A real shame too since some of them require permissions for their work but aren't around to give it so their work is just sitting there. Yeah I've got all those parts heh, but there's not enough variety for those things, or they just don't match with all my other gen parts I've used so I tend to not use them much if at all.

As for requests? Hm, maybe something tribal like. I've been searching for a lot of tribal parts but not having much luck, especially with hair and clothing. I can make tribal markings for both face and body easily enough, the outfits kinda, but hair I am terrible at making lol. I'm also terrible with making the SV parts so it makes it complex if I try making the parts I need for battlers since I can't make the SV parts for it. Other than that, the only things I've been trying to get going is more kid generator parts. I've been very slowly transferring the combined collection of male/female parts and making them fit with the kid generator (and throwing out whatever parts don't of course). I've also got a few other parts made up for that that aren't from the RTP but my own creations too xP. Not bad, but I suck at designing sprite work lol. Gimme tilesets anyday and I'll make em shine, but characters are the bane of my creative existence lol.

3. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Agh... I just put on my resource thread that I don't accept requests for original hairs or clothes. :kaoeh: Making one design is fine, but when you have to animate them it's like asdfghfhfh :kaodes: I tried to make a walking side ponytail for a request and it came out so wonky. I don't think I'm good enough at pixel art to be making complicated pieces yet. If I start making these pieces, I'll definitely give some tribal stuff a go ^^

I think I've seen a thread where someone else has been trying to resize the rtp to make it fit the child bodies, but I can't re find it right now...

I've added SF_Actor1_6's rear hair, and some demonic wings you might be interested in though. The link is in my signature. I've also added them here too! Since I've opened this thread now, if you have any more questions/requests, please add them there or send me a PM to avoid clogging up this thread. Thanks!

Update 19/5 - Added my Resources
    13 Eyes, 3 Wings and SF_Actor1_6's Rear Hair
    prev.png

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  4. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update 25/5
    Added Ice Kun Resources!
    There's too many parts to list, so I'd recommend just checking out the original thread! Parts 1-4 are all included, with the exception of the anthro pieces as there were no sprites to match.
    ice.png

RachelTheSeeker and IceKun like this.
  5. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yeah my child part remakes are uh...very perfected to the child sprites though because I won't accept anything less lol. I haven't seen any other "child" gen parts other than that one person who made theirs from scratch and the faces were kinda odd looking but it was a good attempt prior to them releasing an actual generator for it. Was like the only one at the time lol.

That's not a bad ponytail lol. Better than what I would do tbh haha. I did make two toned hair sets before and those turned out nicely but only because I used the RTP and mixed/matched them to compliment each other. I'll have to try my luck with it again and see what craziness I can make work out for hair xD lol although, I do have a "DBZ" type hair style for transformations that I made and that turned out pretty good too so I guess I'm not "terrible" it just takes a long time to make good hair for the sprites (unless you're Echo607 apparently xD cause she does an amazing job at it haha).

Rhino likes this.
  6. rtester

rtester Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was wondering I installed them like you said but for some reason I get a directory like SumRndmDde\character-creator-ex\Front Hair Part1\face\Front Hair Part1 is it suppose to be like that or do I remove the files from the last dir and shift them back one directory?

7. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT: Whoops, I am slow. CCEX has already been publicly released! The layout is different, so I've uploaded pieces formatted to work with it! I haven't been able to fully test everything yet, so if anyone finds any issues please let me know :kaocry:

@rtester Hm.. Perhaps the layout of the folders in CCEX has changed? Originally it was SumRndmDde\character-creator\face\Front Hair Part1, which is the way I've organised my files to work. I don't have CCEX yet to check, but yes, you only want them to be in one file, so you're going to have to move the images back and just make sure they replace the old files.

SumRndmDde messaged me to say he'd like to include the fixes for download on his site with the public release of CCEX, so you can wait for those if you'd like. It's going to include a fix for Front Hair Part2 for the walking sprites which I hadn't actually noticed were wrong until he posted the preview video :kaoswt: I added them to the Gdrive now, but again the way the folders have been organised might not work for you. (When CCEX is released publicly I'll take a look and rearrange the additional pieces if need be.)

So TL;DR for everyone else...
    Update 10/5:
    - SumRndmDde will be using my graphics fixes as part of the character piece download on his blog when CCEX is publicly released! I'll keep them up for download here as well.
    - Added a fix for Front Hair Part2 walk sprites (needed for both CC or CCEX)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    SumRndmDde and rtester like this.
  8. TenTranVN

TenTranVN Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hỗ trợ cho mobile

9. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TenTranVN: The original character creator definitely works on mobile, I'm not sure about CCEX, but I would imagine it does too. I didn't write this plugin, if you're having any problems with it, you need to ask SumRndmDde.

10. rtester

rtester Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks a lot Rhino that's what I thought initially. :)

Rhino likes this.
  11. VineMarkers

VineMarkers Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well,i've tried putting all the updated content in after getting the original to work and now it doesn't do anything lol. Do I have to organize them all in proper folders?
    Well,i've reordered them all and they still don't work.. Am I missing something?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  12. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you using CC or CCEX? Make sure you've got the right pieces for the plugin and you shouldn't need to reorder things.

However, there are certain folders that aren't just drag and drop. These are "Cloaks", "Hiddeone's Clothing + Accessories", Rhino's Resources- "Wings" + "SF Actor1_6 Rear Hair", and "Sinnistar's Wings". For these, you have to drag folders out. In Cloak you can take Part1 and 2 as they are, but for all the others, you have to go into the female/male pieces depending on which you'd like to add.

If you're trying to add new pieces e.g facial markings or cloaks, you need to update the plugin parameters. Specifically, you need to add the names of the folders into "Layers" and "Order" to make sure the choice appears when you test the game. Layer's can be a bit tricky to work out, so you can check out my recommended settings in the first post.

I've tested everything for you, (a thousand apologies for uploading stuff without testing and forgetting to check for this long :kaoswt:) and can confirm they do all work in CCEX.
    [​IMG]

You might have some issues editing them in the supertools engine, but that's a bug affecting even some original pieces, and has already been mentioned to SRD, it's not something I can help with.

I did make a few formatting errors in the original files, but they can easily be fixed manually, though I've corrected them all in the download now.

Update 24/6 CCEX new pieces fixes for:
    Mouth Extended
    Eyes Extended
    Hiddeone Clothing + Accessories (male)

13. VineMarkers

VineMarkers Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok cool,thankyou! Can this be used with yanfly stuff,perchance? Really like the idea of customization.

Also,CCEX I was using

14. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From what I checked myself, doesn't work with TurnOrderDisplay and Gab Window... So I used a symbol for them instead of a face.

But of course, I could always have used it wrong.

15. S.E.L.E.C.T.

S.E.L.E.C.T. Holographic Philosopher Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is their in any of these spoilers or stuff that have the such as the eyes and original sprites/heads from the Character generator? If not is their a way that one can add them to the plug in?

16. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @S.E.L.E.C.T. The eyes from the generator are already there, in the first post where it says 'Additional Pieces Formatted for CCEX' takes you to a folder where you can get the Eyes and Mouth (Extended) containing all the pieces from the generator, just drop them in your folder and you'll be good to go.

I never made a pack for the head shapes, as it's a bit harder to set up. I'll try to make you a tutorial when I have some time. :)

17. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Many thanks, you indeed help much.

18. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @S.E.L.E.C.T. It's done! I made a video since I figured it'd be easier to follow than a wall of text. My voice over is horrible though, so feel free to mute it and turn on the subs :guffaw:

Layer Order: Tail Part2, Wing Part2, Body Part1, Rear Hair Part2, Body Part2, Front Hair Part2, Clothing, Face Shape, Nose, Eyes, Eyebrows, Mouth, Rear Hair Part1, Accessory A, Glasses, Front Hair Part1, Accessory B, Tail Part1, Wing Part1

Hope this helps! :kaoluv:

Update 25/8 CCEX additions:
    -
    Face Shapes
    -Body, Rear Hair and Clothing edits to be compatible (All within the face pack folder)

George Halstead likes this.
  19. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh yay!

20. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for the double post. I gave you a like on that video, very good explaining and I will put that to the test later when I can. I also see your actor move towards a target at the end of the video, how did you do that?