Update to SRD-Character Creators [27/8] New Eyebrows + Updated Eyes + Cloak

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Rhino, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To avoid double posting, just edit the first message (the edit button is in the bottom left, next to report.)

The movement in the battle is made with Yanfly's Action Sequence Packs. I recommend this video to get you started. :)

2. S.E.L.E.C.T.

S.E.L.E.C.T. Holographic Philosopher Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also suggest you add the link of this that you made to your main post since people, I include myself dont read the entire comments.

[edit] I tried to add what you showed in your tutorial and it broke the creator.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  3. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've already added it, I just didn't embed the whole video since it takes up too much room. I'll add a file in the download itself with a link to the tutorial too..

I don't expect people to read comments, or even the whole of the first post, but sometimes when you have errors or questions, it is worth taking your time and snooping through the comments/searching for other threads to find an answer, since it's often quicker and may have more options/solutions. I'm not directing this at you in a mean way, it's just a general piece of advice for life on the forum :p

Could you please be more specific about what's happening? Are you getting an error message? Is it showing anything if you open the console log (F8) Do you have any idea around what stage it stopped working?

4. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's Yanfly's Action Sequence plugin. Allows for custom battle animations like charging the enemy, jumping in the air and slamming down on them, etc. Pretty useful if you can learn how to do it properly.

5. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks @Sinnistar

@Rhino In the command log I managed to fixed the issue and now the Generator is now up and going. Most of the eyebrows formated for the CCEX are crossed making the character look angery while their are atleast a few others in the Character Generator that can be made to work fine I belive? https://gyazo.com/9e04aca1b09c94f8f31aa02f589ec304

I do belive I also got most of the packages for the Generator where the Face Pack as found but in none of them even the 'Eyes' folder this specific one isn't their :sob: https://gyazo.com/c1ae98eee6c77087f296fc36ccbb95d4

Lastly, Im not sure if this was me installing this improperly or it is a 'bug' but I assume this is not how the Rear Hair is supposed to work, It comes out properly in the battler and the moving animations but the actual portrait is quite wrong. https://gyazo.com/3d0f2796c1ac49fecc8210283350918c

Just out of Curiosity, is their a way that I can make that when the player chooses a gender that only the parts corresponding to that gender appears to avoid the players to see the non-matching parts that are seen out of place when they use a female body and a male head etc? I would also love to have a way to make that the clothes or accessories can be 'unlocked' or purchased in game allowing players to then change their apparel but not their physical appearance such as: Skin Color, Face Shapes, Genders, etc. I'm not sure if it is possible or if anyone has done it yet. Another neat aspect could be that their apparel changes accordingly to what they are wearing. Im just asking if their was a way to make these a thing which can be a real plus to this plugin.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  6. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After looking into it further I realised the default eyebrows had errors in- what you thought was crossed was actually the eyebrow shadow that had been accidentally taken for a whole piece. I've made an eyebrow download which has removed the incorrect eyebrows, and replaced them with the missing files. These may look slightly different from the generator, as they don't have any skin shading. (If I were to I include it, when the player changed eyebrow colour they'd also notice the skin underneath changing.) I don't think they look too bad as is though.

You were right about the missing eyes. I've gone through and reformatted all the male eyes again, so they should all be there now. I apologise for any trouble this caused.

There's two version of the rear hair and clothing, as seen below.
    [​IMG]
    The left is the default pieces that you download from SumRndmDde's blog. These pieces have been made to be layered ontop of the default face shape (hence the cut-outs.) To use different face shapes, you can't have these cut-outs above the face, and so I reshuffled the layers and used the original generator pieces to make it work with my method in the video. Rear Hair Part 1 is the piece which appears above the body, and seems to be what you're missing. If you're using the face shapes, just make sure you've got images that look like the above in Rear Hair Part 2, and the one below in Rear Hair Part 1, then double check the layer order.
    [​IMG]

You can't have the gendered pieces appear as the player picks their body, but you can have a choice before the plugin command that opens CCEX. Have it turn on a switch, and then have the right pieces appear. The method to do so is here around 5:20. This tutorial was made for CC though, so they file layout will be a little different. It also doesn't have section conditions in the plugin parameters, as they've moved to the SuperToolsEngine so you'll need to open that up and add the Javascript there instead, but the rest of the method is fairly similar.

You can also use this method to make sections that can be unlocked, however there's no functionality for having single pieces as add-ons.

Apparel changing based on the items equipped can be done using Dynamic Actors (CCEX) it's fairly simple to set-up as it's done with notetags.

As an fyi, I'm not affiliated with SumRndmDde nor do I do coding. I'll do what I can to help, but if you're getting java errors, or want to talk about new features, you need to contact him directly as I think it's unlikely that he'll be watching this thread. The best way to do that is either send him a PM, go through his website or try commenting on Patreon. I can't guarantee you'll get a reply though, it seems he gets a lot of messages.

Update 27/8 CCEX additions:
    -
    New Eyebrow Pack (Fixes + New Pieces)
    -Updated Extended Eye Folder
    -Improved Cloak Layering

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    S.E.L.E.C.T. likes this.
  7. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Would a re-download of your files fix the issues concerning the hair?

8. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Re-downloading the files will only help if for some reason they didn't replace correctly the first time, which is why I suggested checking out the files. For simplicity, go to Rear Hair Part1> face. If the images are all blank, then try pasting in the files again. If you can see top layers of hair (like the single image I attached) then you should have everything else placed correctly as well, in which case, I'd suspect it was a layering error, so I'd try copying the layer order from the video into your plugin parameters again.

I can't think of what else it could be, so if that doesn't work, you could try sending me your project again so I can check if anything else looks off.

9. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  10. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry I didn't mention it in the video, it's really simple so it slipped my mind. In SuperTools, copy the text in the 'colours' of the Body section and just paste it into the Face Shape section. Since you've already manually added Face Shape to the CharacterCreator.json file, it should save the colour changes there. If it doesn't, you can go into your data folder and try copying the colours from there.

As for the inevitable next question, no I don't know how to make it so once you've picked a body colour, other pieces are automatically coloured. You'll notice that the player must also pick a colour for the nose and mouth pieces to make it work. This is something you'd need to ask SumRndmDde.

If you're using the extended mouth pack, you might notice that when you're changing the mouth colour to match the skin, it also changes the colour of the inside of the mouth which looks strange. Again, I can't help with this.

If you're concerned about the darkened eyes on the sprites, you can add the attached images to your Eyes sv and walk folders. Make sure you save it over every file you have in there. Note that if you darken the eyes (e.g. like the tint in the default orange eye colour,) you're going to darken the sprite's sclera too.

Colour handling has improved so much from the original CC, but unfortunately there's still quite a few drawbacks. They're somewhat nitpicky issues that you can try to remove as best as you can by restricting choices; e.g. in my old game there was only one gender, no open mouths, removed the ponytail hairs as they don't work with headband type accessories e.t.c

Another issue I noticed is the difference in the SV Down Position.
    [​IMG]
    Because of this, you get alignment issues with almost all of the pieces. I think all the unisex pieces come from the female generator, so if you watch the male sprite, you'll notice that things like the hair get displaced in this position. The workaround is to use the method mentioned before, and have a switch for each gender. You'd then have to have two folders for things like the hairs, all because of a small alignment in 9 poses.

I had an idea to edit the female sprite, and change all the clothes and everything so they're in the same pose as the male, and therefore you'd only need the single alignment to work on all the pieces. It's no small task though, and given that 1) I no longer use this plugin and 2) No one has ever raised this as an issue with me, I figured those who needed a fix would go for method one, and the rest were content that it wasn't a noticeable issue.

Attached Files:

11. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I attempted to sort these pieces between male and female and it is quite catastrophic. I'm glad you mention such ahead of time about the down positions. I will keep that in mind.

Out of curiosity is their a way to remove the down position?

Beards in the pack do not have options to change basic colors so they remain permanently blonde.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Rhino likes this.
  12. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As a note, I don't get notifications when you make an edit. If you make an edit that you want to make sure someone sees, you can tag them with @ and their username, but it's only going to work once (you can't keep tagging the same person in a single message.)

The down pose appears when the character is below something like 25-20% HP. You'd need a plugin to stop this happening, and since characters made in CCEX are different to the way characters are normally processed (as a single .png image), it might not be compatible.

You really need to speak to someone who knows about java to help you with the technical stuff. We've got a sub-forum where you can request assistance, (rules are here) but sometimes you just have to compromise and use workarounds.

13. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Understood, but what about the beards? I tried to use the custom editor in the super tools and copy pasted the hue code section from the previous hairs but this took no effect.

14. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Supertools has this error where it doesn't recognise new pieces that have been added in, and so any changes you make won't be saved. I think SumRndmDde is working on it, or at least, when CCEX first came out, it wasn't registering any new colours even in the default pieces which has since been fixed (I think), so I hope for the rest to be fixed too. :rswt

For now, you need to do the same as we did with the face pieces, edit the CharacterCreator.json file.

15. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh so that would 'fix' the default coloration?

This may be of topic but is their anyone you know that can draw some nice crop tiles?
    I would love a ton load of crops.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  16. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Adding the pieces into the CharacterCreator.json fixes the issue you were having-
    Once the piece has been added to the .json (assuming you've done it correctly) you'd then be able to make any changes you want within SuperTools and have the changes recognised and saved.

Please refrain from going off topic. This thread is about the images I've formatted for CCEX, not 'please help me with my game.' I suggest that you follow my previous advice and search for yourself.

As a tip, if you add site:forums.rpgmakerweb.com at the end of a google search, it'll show you results that are from this site only, though you may also want to check RpgmakerMV.co

If you can't find anything that suits, try making a resource request. (rules) It'd be helpful if you linked to any images you'd already found, to prevent people from sending them to you again. Do note, resource requests is for a few small pieces. If you're really looking for a 'ton', then you're going to have to make a thread in Project Recruitment instead. (rules)

17. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was wondering how does one add or format images to add to the generator. I cant seem to figure out of to add pieces without having the game have trouble reading them. I have no problem with what I downloaded from this post, thanks tho they are very useful, but if I wanted to add content that is not found on this post is it possible for me to make them work instead of asking for someone to do it for me?

18. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's not difficult to do, but if you slip up (even just make a typo), you'll start running into errors, so I'll go through my method and then some troubleshooting.

Let's start with the pieces, anything from the default generator/pieces you download from this forum will be organised into folders like this-
    [​IMG] We're only interested in the first four folders.

Each piece itself may be two or more layers, however CCEX only uses one image per piece. An example from the Kid: 'Face' folder;
    [​IMG]
    You need to merge the three layers to form a single image. To do this, you'll need an image editor, e.g. GIMP (it's free.) Make sure the image you save is a .png and still has it's transparency.

Pieces from other folders have a colour mask, it'll always be labelled with the suffix _c. You can safety ignore this second image.
    [​IMG]

Grab the pieces from the face, sv, tv and tvd folders. The name you give the files should match any other files in the folder. We're going to add this to the clothing folder, where all the pieces are aptly also named 'Clothing (x).' X is the number of the piece. Unlike the in-built generator which needs to go from 1>2, CCEX doesn't mind if you're missing a few numbers. (e.g. 1>5) Give all the images for that piece the same number.

[​IMG]

This is an easy set-up, now let's try something harder. The wings are split into two folders, and don't have a face piece. However, we can't have any missing pieces, so any images we might be lacking get replaced with a blank picture. This can be any size, it just needs to be completely empty/transparent.
    [​IMG]
    Troubleshooting:
    You might encounter an error message like this when trying to run your game;
    [​IMG]
    CCEX checks for images starting from the dead folder, so just because it's come up with this error, doesn't mean it's necessarily where your problem lies, however, it's a good place to start.
    1. Check that the image is there- Go into the folder it's specifying, and make sure the piece really exists. If not, copy it over and try again.
    2. If it is there, check whether the piece exists in all the other folders as well.
    3. Double check your numbers, make sure that they're all the same for this piece. Then check to see if you've got any numbers following it, e.g. you might accidentally have a copy called Front Hair (16) in one folder, and the game is now confused why it can't find the rest of the images in other folders for "16"
    4. Make sure that you've spelt everything right- even a double space will cause an error.
    5. Even if all the names and numbers look right, try retyping them. Rename it with a typo, and then erase and retype the original name.
    If you've followed this correctly, you should manage to fix any errors you've been having. Sometimes you might need to redo the steps in case you've accidentally made another mistake. Keeping a close eye on what the error message says should help you figure out which piece is causing you grief.

Alternatively, if your error is "I've added a new folder but can't see it in my game!" remember that you need to update the plugin parameters and add the folder name into Layers and Order to get it to show up.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  19. S.E.L.E.C.T.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much, this is very understandable and I will try this out. Many thanks!

20. George Halstead

George Halstead Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Friends i installed the files and tried to use the creator by setting up an event to open the creator using the plugin command (OpenCharacterCreator 1) but when i click on the crystal (the image i chose to pick) to begin the event it does nothing. Can i not run the creator using an event ? What am i missing. I get no errors or anything. Please help me.