~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@George Halstead Replied to your PM :cutesmile:

For everyone else- after seeing the same questions asked over and over, I made a thread of F.A.Qs for SumRndmDde's CCEX plugin! As a reminder, I didn't actually write the plugin so am not to best person to ask for support, but I hope it helps some people anyway.

S.E.L.E.C.T.

Holographic Philosopher
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Opps I didnt see rhino's Message when I posted this. Sorry.

George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@George Halstead Replied to your PM :cutesmile:

For everyone else- after seeing the same questions asked over and over, I made a thread of F.A.Qs for SumRndmDde's CCEX plugin! As a reminder, I didn't actually write the plugin so am not to best person to ask for support, but I hope it helps some people anyway.
TY for the reply Rhino.

George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
great tutorial Rhino. TY for the many resources and tips.

George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rhino in the game i of course am using actor 1 which i left looking like Harold and hoped when the user changed the characters look it would change the bust in the message window when Harold has a dialogue but it does not. Not sure how to fix this. Also on a side note my characters face does not show in battle although the eyes do (which is creepy) lol.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[dpost]George Halstead[/dpost]
If you want to add something, like the post on Thursday, just simply edit your earlier post to include it. As for your final post, this query is off topic. Your problems could be caused by any number of things, not the Resources made by Rhino. I suggest you start a new thread in MV Support.

George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for that @Kes did not know i could edit a previous post. Usually there is a time limit on how long you have to edit a post..

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's no time limit on editing posts. You could even edit it after someone has already responded (though that'd be a waste of time as they're unlikely to notice if you edit to ask a new question.)

Kes is right that this thread probably isn't the best place for plugin support questions which is why there's the original character creator thread and also my f.a.q. thread. Though for your second question I think you will to make a new topic in the plugin support section since it sounds like a conflict. Having faces isn't part of the default battle HUD, so I'm assuming you're using plugins to show them and it's conflicting with CCEX. (Alternatively- you've ordered them incorrectly.) You need to debug your project and go through your plugins by turning them ON/OFF to find out what's causing the issue. Once you think you've found it, try to replicate the issue in a blank project before going ahead and reporting it.

You might also want to check that your custom character's face is working correctly in the menu (and again if you're using plugins to modify the appearance of that, try turning them off too.)

The custom characters face not automatically replacing Harold's isn't broken- that's how the plugin was written. (You might want to double check the plugin help again), but for each show text command that you want the custom face to appear in, you need to write <CC Face: [id]>. e.g. <CC Face: 1>
(You also need to make sure that you have given it a face image first, it can be any face, but the command won't work if you've left that empty.)

Vicente

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Espanol
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi ! , I adding some front_hair styles , and the colour dont change when I chaging the colour of the hair . that is normal?? i would like that the hair change colour... (dont changes for the new hairs) , if you can help me thank you

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Vicente If you're having trouble with the posted hair styles, make sure you followed the guidelines Rhino made so things work. If you're adding new styles not from this thread then this isn't the right place for it, instead check the tutorial Rhino posted to add new pieces (and if that doesn't work then try the links Rhino put in the post above yours).

dsp13154

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A problem I'm having with this Character Creation system is when adding a new folder (Lets say Ears for Example) the tab does not show up within the Creator. I have checked and double checked to make sure everything is spelled the same, but no matter what I try, I cannot get the Ears tab to show up in the creator which would allow players to pick their ear shape.

Edit: nevermind, just needed to restart RMMV

Last edited:

Yurash

Crazy Cat Lady :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I found an issue with the Google Drive files. The 'Front Hair Part2.zip' file only includes the walk folder and therefore the images error when you start the game. If this is intentional, how do I fix the error? XD Haha. (It says parts 1-15 are missing, so for now I've removed those images from the places they are) Thanks ^_^

Last edited:

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yurash I think you might have put them in the wrong folder then... The Front Hair Part 2 is a fix for the files you download from Sumrndmdde's blog, since the walk images on there don't match up with the right hair piece. (It's not particularly noticeable since it's the back view, you can only really see it if characters have front hairs but no rear hairs, but once seen, can't be unseen ;))

To install it, make sure you've got the sample images from SRD's blog in your project images>SumRndmDde>character-creator-ex, and you can just drop the front hair part 2 folder right in. You need to hit REPLACE original files to make sure you're not just adding onto the series and getting numbers 16-30 which will also give you missing parts error.

They should now match up to the parts you already had in there for face, sv etc. :cutesmile:

Yurash

Crazy Cat Lady :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, my issue was actually that I didn't download his files.... XD I thought that the 'Sample Images' were just screenshots of it working and not anything to go in it... lol... that'll teach me to actually check ALLL the links :p I did read the information he supplied but it was like 3/4am sooo... I wasn't the most awake XD Thanks!

Midnight Kitty

Midnight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having an issue where it will not allow me to select the body piece?
Here is a screenshot of what is happening.
Edit: Watched your video ((Rhino)) and removed body from needed fixed this problem, thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor