*Updated* Android/iOS - Converting your project with Intel XDK / Uploading to Google Play Store

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
RPG Maker MV Tech Demo/Benchmark with XDK Released on Google Play store

Please read the description of the application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RPGMAKERTechDemo.tompham

Update 10/25/2015 12:15AM

You can now download the tech demo by looking up my name on the google play

Thomas W Ducpham,  or Searching for RPG Maker MV Tech Demo XDK

Update 10/24/2015 8:19AM

My Pilimary tests with CocoonJS have failed.  Even when using a bare bones project -- CocoonJS has compilation errors.  I requested for a premium account so I can test a project larger then 30mb, but I'm going to head to bed and investigate XDK tmw ( and possibly the Python method as well)

Update 10/24/2015 3:20AM

We are continueing to learn more and more about intel XDK and how it plays with RPG maker.  if your app doesn't run well now, don't worry! we're working on ways to enhance the experiance!

This is a fairly easy way to convert your application to android.  I found that the KB in the program is a bit too complex and might scare off some of the newer people here.  This is an old method we used to use with construct that seems to work pretty well.

Video Below!

EXAMPLE APK's

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RPGMAKERTechDemo.tompham

Instructions

1.  Export your game via File -- Deployment --- Android
2. Open Intel XDK and Log in
3.  Create a new project, and select either HTML/HTML Cordova
4.  Right click on www on the right side, and click Open in Explorer
5.  Keep that window open, and now find your exported file.
6. Transfer the contents of www into the www folder that intel XDK made for you
7. Emulate to test
8. Go Build, and select your platform you are building for.
9.  let this work, it will take a while then click Build App!
10.  Download your File, and save this to your phone or tablet
11.  Enable 3rd party sources on your phone and enjoy!

TIPS-  Remove any files you don't need in your project, and only upload the ones you actually use!

Links!

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-xdk

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Good job friend. I bet this will serve a lot of people well. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice!

Would this allow you to do an iOS build/deployment without needing a Mac? Or an Android build if you WERE on a Mac?

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes,  you can build to iOS,  XDK allows you to export to multiple platform -- even W8.  You don't need to be on a Mac/Windows -- as long as you can actually run XDK.  I need to point out though,  This isn't as 1-2-3 as it really seems.  Optimizations are a pain,  which I'm in the process of writing up something as we speak. 

I didn't notice you were a mod :D   If you see my other thread,  can you delete it? :D   Its a duplicate.  I thought it this one wasn't going to be approved ( forgot to tag it)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:) I just saw your other thread and was coming to search for this one, thinking they were the same :)

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks :D    One last thing I'd like to add though.  I've had maybe 2 hours tops to figure this out, test, and break -- Soo as I am making more complex projects I'm not 100% sure how this encapsulation method will effect overall performance or convertibility.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We will forgive you if you have to alter some of your instructions ;)

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've updated this topic -- I'm going to make a video on how to do it the RPG maker Knowledge base and hopefully get something together to streamline the whole process.  I hope this sheds light for some people!

Woratana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
This is awesome ! o_o

Have you tried canvas accelerator like CocoonJS ? I am curious if it helps the performance :D

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not with RPG maker, But I've had really awesome luck with CocconJS in the past with other programs. 

I was thinking of making a video on how to convert it via RMMV's Knowledge base entry,  but I think you gave me a better idea ^^

xein

A stranger in a strange world
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The demo was terrible at first. LOL

Text message was loading slowly but became fast afterwards. Side view battle was horrible. The graphics were cut off.

I guess we developers need to optimize the gameplay and resources for the devices at the first stage of development.

By the way, i'm using asus zenfone 7.

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes,  This was really to show it was possible -  I destroyed the resolution -- I am uploading a higher res one in a little bit that won't make it run a little better, but will fix some of the aspect ratio. You can follow the Link under "non optimized" if you want to see if it fixes some of the display issues.  Its not going to help performance,  but you can see it in a little more norm resolution

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ Faytless,

So I have followed the steps in your guide and am using Intel XDK version 2611. In the test tab the application runs correctly. Once the project is uploading it seems to crash out every time and nothing gets accomplished. I can grab the error logs if requested. I have the project working on a google drive no problem using html5. Can you think of any reasoning the uploading would fail?

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Tried your new demo for performance idk it does not feel much better for me on the nexus 4. I will recommend though you enable Graphics.showFps () via script on map startup. This way people can see if their in canvas mode or webgl but also see their fps for better testing. 

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ Faytless,

So I have followed the steps in your guide and am using Intel XDK version 2611. In the test tab the application runs correctly. Once the project is uploading it seems to crash out every time and nothing gets accomplished. I can grab the error logs if requested. I have the project working on a google drive no problem using html5. Can you think of any reasoning the uploading would fail?
Can you upload your project in a neat little zip file for me to test and convert?

Tried your new demo for performance idk it does not feel much better for me on the nexus 4. I will recommend though you enable Graphics.showFps () via script on map startup. This way people can see if their in canvas mode or webgl but also see their fps for better testing. 
I really should,  This was an early adaption before our interactions on steam :D

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

RishWars

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hinglish
Some bugs I found in my phone after playing the game

1-Screenshot_2015-10-26-10-49-18.png

2-Screenshot_2015-10-26-10-47-56.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL.
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyo